It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharpton accused of 'bigotry' after remark on faith

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Al Sharpton is a piece of #. I could go on and on about him and the Imus thing. His latest comment only solidifies the fact he relies on double standards. He is an evil evil piece of # man and he's just going to continue digging his own grave with comments like this. The difference is people now pay attention to what he has to say. He'll get whats coming.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Here's the way it is.
You can be a bigot only if you are white.
You have to apologize for your behavior only if you're white.
You will lose your job for slips of the tongue only if you are a white male.
There are more "rules," but you get the drift.
Now back to work.

Heh, well said.
Yeah, I'm quite tired of this whole "reverse double-standard racist" thing (did that even make sense?) that seems to have infected the masses.
Sharpton is a total bottom-feeder pretentious greedy scumbag.
It's fairly obvious that all he truly cares about is making money and making a name for himself.
He's made a career of taking advantage of both ignorance and desperation.
I can't say enough about my disdain for this man.
Stop me before I go too far...

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Al Sharpton is 2nd only to Jesse Jackson for the title of epitome of the "PBP" - Professional Black Person. It's a good thing most people still remember his early career.

It really is a shame that so many people in the black community give Sharpton's words weight and creedance. What America needs is more black leaders in the mold of Charles Rangle, who is a fine American worthy of praise.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Reading though this thread got me to thinking about a term coin by some idiot that burns me up. Reverse racism. This had to have been the brainstorm of some white goofball who lost his job to a more qualified man of color.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there haven't been cases of minorities getting preferential treatment because of their race, but the term "reverse racism" is just stupid to me. Wouldn't that be tolerance? The phrase implies that racism is owned by the majority. That if it flows the other way it's not racism anymore, but some weird mutant form of intolerance. Racism is racism, white to black, black to white, asian to latino, european to native american, whatever.

Sorry, didn't mean to go off topic, that just popped into my head and I had to let it out before my noggin asploded!

[edit on 5/10/2007 by yadboy]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
When I hear the name Al sharpton, I only think of two words......

Tawana Brawley

He has never apologized for his actions and therefore has zero credibility.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm sure that Sharpton has done many, many morally and ethically questionable things (or things that are just outright wrong) that never got out to the publics eye.
I wonder what kind of skeletons he has in his closet?

He's such a scumbag, it's infuriating!!!

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Ok, OK

Originally posted by wu kung
I'm sure that Sharpton has done many, many morally and ethically questionable things (or things that are just outright wrong) that never got out to the publics eye.
I wonder what kind of skeletons he has in his closet?

He's such a scumbag, it's infuriating!!!

The same kind of skeletons that we all have in our closet if we've lived long enough. Are we all not human? He just happens to be in the spotlight.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
"Sharpton accused of 'bigotry' after remark on faith"

The good Rev. is not a bigot so please get over it.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"It really is a shame that so many people in the black community give Sharpton's words weight and creedance. What America needs is more black leaders in the mold of Charles Rangle, who is a fine American worthy of praise."

Perhaps you should let the black folks pick their leaders.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Lol. Let me assure you,as a black american..........no one with any common sense cares what al sharpton has to say. Its crap anyway. Look up some SNL skits making fun of al sharpton,and thats the general sentiment.

Even annoying (yet still funny) chris rock talks about sharpton and jesse jackson. Its not major news,because sharpton is yelling into the tv day in and day out about it
. The Imus thing wouldnt have been as drawn out and over the top if sharpton was crying about it. He only went above and beyond on the imus thing cause his daughter is either a player or goes to the school. Thats it. I havent seen him lead his "crusade" against hip-hop artists like he said he would.

I gues what im saying is,dont be bothered with al sharpton. Al sharpton is bad for Al sharpton's image.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
"It really is a shame that so many people in the black community give Sharpton's words weight and creedance. What America needs is more black leaders in the mold of Charles Rangle, who is a fine American worthy of praise."

Originally posted by wonderfulheadhunter
Perhaps you should let the black folks pick their leaders.

If you will take the time to READ my post, I said what America needs is more black leaders.

Your statement that the black community needs leaders to represent themselves implies that the black community is somehow less equal or unrepresented in American society. Hardly true.

However, this is exactly the kind of thinking that perpetuates the "we need someone to help us because we can't help ourselves" mentality that so many blacks in America seem to buy into.

America needs leaders, black or white or whatever, that will tell the black community at large that "It's all there for the taking, just stand up, reach out and grab it". Instead, they are getting too much "You've been wronged, and let me tell you how you can be compensated".

BTW, glib one-line responses are generally frowned upon. Try to elaborate if you have a point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join