It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

There is something verystrange on the ground. It looks as though it could be a number of things. A vestige of dead "vegetation" of some kind? A fossil of a dead martian insect or animal? Or, some living thing? It just doesn't look like anything on the lander and its surrounding deflated impact balloons, or anything else that might explain such an unusual object. Some have speculated that it might be a piece of the lander's descent and impact system that fragmented during impact, but when anyone who examines this in Photoshop can see that this thing looks "organic."

www.rense.com...

Looks to me like it could be a dead creature. What does it look like to you?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This has been covered elsewhere in the forums i just can't find the link
Try searching for Space bunny.
It was found to be nothing special.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It doesn't really look organic to me. After all, I don't live on Mars. It may look like something organic you may find on Earth, but it could very well be a rock you won't find on Earth.

Heck, I'm sure there are rocks on Earth that look that way.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"space bunny"?? what did it turn out to be in the end?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ah yes, the famous martian bunny, don't forget about martian blueberries either

can't say i believe it, but the "martian bunny" officially is a piece of rock or debris from the rover
Martian Bunny Chase
Leads Down Rabbit Hole

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by misterfantastic
"space bunny"?? what did it turn out to be in the end?

It's a bit of fabric torn from the airbags used to cushion the rover's landing.

Note that NASA not only did not cover up this image, but went out of their way to carefully explain it.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i think its a rock partly covered by sand. I have seent that kinds of rock here.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
if it was "teather" wouldnt it be flattened out on the ground, not all pointy and spiky? ive seen teather and most of the time it doesnt look like that.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Covered up rocks dont cast shadows from the "ears" also the fact that theres massive explanations on the matter does support the "nothing to see here, move along" policy. Its not like we havent found alot of unexplained and seemingly artificial stuff from the released pictures alone. You have to understand that the best resolution of those pictures taken from the orbit are somewhere around 50cm/pixel. Combine that with the seemingly impossible formations of dunes and massive hills of roundish and even perfect circles that are all just "natural formations". Heres some not so round formations though which considering their color pretty odd also. The first one could be just a pile of stone collapsed from the side there but the other one smack in the middle seems abit out of place if you know what I mean?

Source: marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov...

[edit on 22-5-2007 by Gonjo]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi atsers

Would i be so bold as to say it looks like a dove just about to take flight!

2 wings, big white tail and leg touching the floor.

cheers

top topics

join