It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow person in my room

page: 1

join
share:
PSP

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
First sorry for my worse English
[My experience with a shadow person in my room.

It all started a month ago, when my grandpa suddenly died, he had an car accident and directly died in the car crash.
After a few days of skipping school of bieing so depressive and much taking sleep, i felt so weird.. just like somebody is watching you all day and follows you everywhere.

1 week after the death of my grandpa, i was tiered and wanted to go to bed.
When i was lying in bed i was thinking about my grandpa and how he died and stuff like that.
I where looking around in my room and saw a shadow on the wall of a person, a figure of a men. It scared the crap out of me and directly turned the lights on in my room, and it was gone.
Turned the lights of and looked around again, i saw it again, it wasnt moving just looking down on me..

I thought, maybe my mind plays trick on me and i'm so tiered of crying and thinking. So well, i just ignored the shadow and felt asleep.

Next day i woke up with a good feeling, no stress , no headache. I was so feeling free. I had an good day and was going to bed early for a good night of sleep ( 21.00 )

I directly felt asleep, later that night i woke up to take a pee, i came back from the toilet, and i saw it again, the shadow on the wall!
Its just like a big guy who is starring at me, my curtens are always closed shut so it could not be an shadow from the curtens or something like that.
And nothing is making light in my room, i always turn the power switch of my pc and stuff off. Thats why its always pretty dark.

Do you guys think my minds plays tricks on me or is there really something in my room.
If my mind isnt fooling me it could be that the shadow is my grandpa, and he is looking for me because maybe he is my Guard Angel.

Thanks for the time to read this, i had to tell this somewhere because this really pumpin on my mind.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hi PSP,

When I was a child, I would awake every night and see a monk like figure / outline standing to the right side of my bed, it never made a noise or never moved. I too was very scared, but never moved and pretended to be sleeping.

I never told anybody about this for years. When I was about 16, my parents had friends for dinner and we where all talking about ghosts and stuff, and the dinner guests were taking the p*ss out of ghosts and the afterlife.

It was then that I told my mum about the figure I see each night and she then told me that often she would wake up and see this figure come out I my room and walk into my mum and dad’s room and it would pray beside her bed. She would wake up my dad, but he could never see it standing there?

I felt very strange when she told me and there was a huge crash which came from upstairs in my room. The window latch had been snapped in two (metal) and the window was flapping in the wind. We never sore the figure ever again.

Foe years after, very strange things happened in my parents house which I will not talk about yet. But these are the reasons that I visit ATS in the hope that one day these will be explained.

Until now only 5 other people know about this - my parents and their two friends (1 who has died since) and my wife.

Sorry for your loss.

Eyeball.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hi PSP,

I dont know much about these shadow people but i believe they are pretty harmless.

My neighbour had a shadow of a large man standing by their window in the middle of the afternoon a few weeks ago. When it appeared a second time they took a photo. I havent posted about this yet as it could easily be debunked. (there is no proof that there is not someone outside the window but there definitely wasn't because they opened the door straight away!)

It may be interesting to try and get hold of the photo and you can tell me if it resembles the shadow you saw! Just for the record it was taken on a disposable camera so no photoshopping!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Why don't you keep a camera beside your bed and try to get a few images of it? Also, does it say anything to you? Make any noise? Are you taking any anti-depressants?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It is more than possible that it is your grandad he maybe feel's sad that you felt so depressed that you could not say goodbye to him.

Next time you see the shadow use all your strength and courage and tell yourself it is your grandad and he wont hurt you.

Then simply say goodbye grandad thanks for looking to see if i am ok.

Regard's
Lee

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Some things are imagination. Some things are not.

I once saw a very large shadow rodent, more like a giant rat run from under the fridge to under the stove. It started me enough so that I yelled "Rat! BIG rat!" to my beagle that I had then.

The beagle was unimpressed, and went back to sleep.

One night I went to bed, with a sense of foreboding that would not go away. As I began to drift off to sleep, I sensed a presence in the room and being alarmed, woke up.

But fully coming to consciosness, was a struggle. Moving my body was, too. Yelling out was impossible. I felt paralized.

I saw a very dark form - foreboding - a hood and cape, and no face visible inside the cape, just pitch black darkness - the cape itself was almost black too, but light enough for contrast.

It was near the door, the exit, and I had a very strong feeling that if it had its way, I was not leaving that room.

Terror started to settle in, and I started to pray - hard.

And it left, immediately.

Still, I could not bring myself to go back into that bedroom that night at all, and sat up all night in the living room with the lights on.

PSP

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Hey guys, thanks for your stories.

@ Dissension ;
Next time i see it im gonna make a photo of it, i hope it will show up on that photo, so i can show it to you guys.

@h3akalee ;
Thanks for the nice tips, i think it proberly will help pretty good.
That shadow doesnt say anything or doesnt move or something, it doesnt even make any sounds.

Tonight it will be a rainy day here in the Netherlands, so im proberly sleeping pretty earlie, hope i can take a photo for you guys of the shadow guy ( granddad)

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
rm8471,

You were suffering from sleep paralysis. Look it up to give yourself a good idea of what it's about.

PSP,

I think your imagination is getting the best of you and your shadow is just a shadow. From what you say it's always in the same place. That should be a tip off that it's not what you think it is. Oce your grief settles things should start to look normal again.

PSP

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Maybe my mind just plays tricks on me, so im pretty making of myself a totally joke.
Iwill find out tonight!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Don't be self depricating over it, you are going thru a grieving process. Everyone has their own way of dealing with the death of a loved one.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Even if it is all in your head my friend i suggest you try to do what i said.

It may help your contious and also subcontious mind rest easier.

And thus take this visual silouete away from your mind if it is made up or even real.

Be strong friend greif need's to be let out.

Regard's
Lee

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyeball
When I was a child, I would awake every night and see a monk like figure / outline standing to the right side of my bed...

Awesome story eyeball. Why can't you tell us the rest of it? Did you take any pictures of the broken window? Forgive me, for I'm very very curious.

PSP

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Guys, i think it was all on my mind.
It didnt show up last night, first when i did go to sleep i toke an sigarret and bit of relaxing and went to sleep.
Nothing actually happened last night.
I think my mind was just playing tricks on my because ofmy dead grandpa.

Thanks for all the responses and good tips for not being afraid.

top topics

join