It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost girl in Toronto

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

I can see many people in this situation forget to do simple things like bring a flash light and such, she sounds vary cheesed about the work and she is probably looking to sue the contractors, so she tied up thinking about money which is a big distraction.

Although I agree it's a big distraction, I don't think it would be very safe to be going round an obivously dark building without a torch - and although I'm no expert on night-time filming, I would think that a torch light would help the visability rather than impare it.

--------

In responce Influence, don't you think she over-reacts? I mean the apparition looks like a normal human - so rather than screaming the place down and fleeing why doesn't she question who the person might be?

PSP

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Well Fudge, would you stand still and ask who it is?
I mean, its in the night , in the dark, with only a camera with a little bit of light.
Most people will scream the sh*t out of themselves, i would do that to.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
hehe actually yes I would, but I supposed I do see your point... I guess this is just going to be one of those videos no one's going to be able to definatly say true or false to without any background info :\

PSP

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah, we cant really debunk this one.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
why would they be filming a home renovation video at night with night vision? and that looks like any actor to me

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Although it's impossible to prove one way or another, my vote is that this is a fake, for several reasons:

1. The purpose of the video was apparently to gather evidence that renovators were doing a sloppy job. However, the woman filming just walks around the house, not actually pausing to shoot any evidence of neglectful work for more than a split second. All we have are blurred images of the interior while she vaguely describes what a terrible job is being done. The video just seems useless to me from a legal or investigative standpoint.

2. The girl could be human. I'm not saying that I know what ghosts look like, but I am saying that, had there been something preternatural about the way the apparation looked, it would've help the video's case. For all we know this is a real video of a woman getting freaked out by her daughter or niece.

3. The woman in the old house, the sudden knock on the wall, the inevitable "ghost child" -- it all seems like a string of cliches to me. Someone's been watching too many derivative horror movies, is what I think.

4. Finally, as a film director myself, my opinion -- and it's just that -- is that the woman is a bad actress (the nonchalant tone, the intent breathing, etc.) She just sounds like she's faking it to me.

There is better evidence out there.

[edit on 28-5-2007 by cambrian77]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rm8471
I once saw an apparision CLEARER THAN THAT. Just as clear as you or I would see each other, standing maybe 5 feet away.....

But the odd thing was he looked just as shocked to see me, as I was to see him.

Interesting. There was a time when I thought that "ghosts" were echoes / recordings of a past event. I have however wondered if it is a dimensional thing and that the "manifested object" is getting a mirrored appariton at their time and place. Thats why he was shocked. You see a settler with a hat and he sees...well...whatever you were wearing. It makes you wonder if some "alien" encounters are a similar thing..ghosts from the future? Who knows?

A picture would have been nice but as you say skeptics (like me) would have said its a hoax because it was too clear!!! The truth will out one day!!!

One more thing how did it disappear? Gradually fade all over, or from one point for example?

[edit on 28-5-2007 by something smells]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think the vid looks like they are waiting up there until the camera comes in shot. I am sure the subject waves. It kind of reminded me of that topless girl rock climber in the "Eiger Sanction" waving her norks at Clint Eastwood to motivate him to climb

Why is there all that footage leading up to the event and none after? Surely you would walk in the room looking and filming?

I am sure the originator of the footage would say that they were not there to investigate a ghost but to look at architectural defects. But why night vision? Is it shoddy work that only shows up at night...a vampire cowboy builder perhaps?

Why do so many of these vids have the "spook" stand waiting patiently until the camera looks at them and then walks off, never towards the shot?
How can something be camera shy when cameras were not about when they were? Unless the camera operators dodgy aftershave scares them off

PSP

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah it's obviously very useless and dumb if you look good.
Proberly it where just some dumb teenager and wanted to make a sort of there own blair witch project.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ive watched the video a few times and I'm still undecided.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i think its lagit

because if you look closely you can see a hand reaching out for the girl maby her lover....or it maby shes an angry ghoast and thats the way she died, because she was snatched up in a way either you would if you were goin to make out with some one or it maby to hurt some one, but seeing as she i couldnt see a strugle i doubt shes angry, also if it were a human when she said "o #" then most people would not just ignore that, they would respond, like she responded to the banging, and also seeing as there was a banging i think that the ghoast, or ghoasts, wanted this to happed, they wanted to be noticed, which would also in turn might be responsible for the poor workmen ship on the building, the workers got scared when they saw it, or maby they got a bad vibe, because they werent strong enough,

either way if you take all things into consideration^ i think that this conversation will continue

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That's definitely a girl.

If it wasn't for the apparation's seemingly blunt nature (which few tend to have), I would determine this to be for the most part, apparently genuine.

Friggin' autofocus on the camera messed the image all up.

Definitely a cool video.

PSP

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Yeah im still considering what it is, badly we dont have some close ups or a sharper image of it.

posted on Aug, 9 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Um, I don't get it. Is there any reason to believe that it's a ghost and not just a person dressed up, aside from the people saying it was a ghost?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Can someone get still frames of when the ghost appears? It would be helpful. But don't try to clear them up. Just get them as is in the video if possible.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Just watching that slow-mo in the end though stop and go, I would have to say it looks pretty good. With the sound I can't tell if that's the figure making the noise or if it was the lady. Her emotions and reactions seem to follow being startled when she hears the noise. She doesn't seem to say anything after seeing the figure. I would take this to mean that she was frightened beyond words. I think it's pretty legit.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Couple frames of something or someone in a bathrobe or a robe doesnt make it a ghost. Its hard to call it fake as theres someone clearly standin there and turning away after making some motion with an arm as she comes up the stairs and turns from behind the corner but... With an image that blurred and just few frames of footage of the "ghost" you cant really take it as a proof of anything as theres no way to know if it was simply a person wearing a bathrobe.

So im going to go with a hoax on this one. It seems to me like she reacts way too quickly and if she is supposed to be running down the stairs in panic the camera stays way too stable while she runs down the stairs. It also looks like she was using manual zoom on the camera for some reason or she had some serious issues with the camera as it seems to blur out badly as the "ghost" is shown and while she runs down the stairs. Could be just a crappy camera I suppose.

So yeah interesting but hardly compelling evidence of anything but a person in a robe on the second floor.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
UMMMM...the video isnt working for me either so... that link to the video would be much appreciated!or either get a BETTER website with BETTER videos!=]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

She looks like she is in a old Victorian Dress or something.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PSP

I replayed the video over and over again and paused on the "ghost girl" numerous times and from what I can tell, in my opionion, the figure looks like some kind of doll or small mannequin possibly being held out in the hallway and then a hand quickly comes out to get a full grasp of it to bring it back into a room.
Perhaps, someone, maybe a family member, knew that this person was going to be taking a video and thought it would be a great prank to pull.
Maybe the woman taking the video is an amateur so hence, the zoom problem, etc.
I know that there are many very old homes in Toronto, because I've lived in Toronto since birth until age 15. We lived in two very old houses when I was growing up and it was in these homes that I had my first "ghostly experiences".
If the video were clearer it would be much easier to make a determination as to whether it is fake or not but I'm leaning towards not necessarily fake but maybe a prank.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join