It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush - Once Again Shows His Wonderful Public Speaking Abilities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
you dont just wink at the queen of england.
i mean it just seems wrong, shes the richest land owner in the world and is probably the most respected person in the world.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by styxxz
Personally I love G.W's antics.

I would agree, if we were referring to a cartoon monkey in a red jumpsuit with a big yellow hat, unfortunatly we are refering to George the President.

Please God....just let us make it to '08

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Are we mad because he winked at an old lady or are we mad because he winked at a Queen ? I dont think he treated her any different than he would have any other visiting dignitary.

[edit on 8-5-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by britishnproud
i mean it just seems wrong, shes the richest land owner in the world and is probably the most respected person in the world.

Perhaps from your British point of view but not to us Yanks. We reccognise no prince or potentates here.

EDIT to add: I am not trashing the Lady it is just that American Presidents and Diplomats have a long history of not treating the Royal family like the Royal Family.

So when the American Ambassador is presented at the Court of St. James (to Queen Elizabeth, for instance), he or she does not bow to her. Every other ambassador in the world bows when presented to her, but the Queen doesn’t bow in return. So the American Ambassador steps up and shakes her hand. Some have been known to say, “Howdy, Ma’am.”

Just a gentle reminder to Her Majesty that 200 years ago we told the Court of St James to KISS OUR COLONIAL BUM !

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

Originally posted by britishnproud

Perhaps from your British point of view but not to us Yanks. We reccognise no prince or potentates here.

So when Chavez jokingly calls Bush the devil and does his little "cross" symbol at the U.N., Americans, politicians and the media shouldn't have been upset?

Please.

Remember...Bush and his entourage also carelessly trampled her flowers when they visited her in England.

It's a bit hypocritical. I am an American and I would respect a representative of a foreign nation (especially an ally) and give them the courtesy I would expect any other nation to give our officials, leaders and representatives.

It's just crass and immature to swagger about winking and grinning when a queen visits your country's capital.

Regardless of if you recognize her importance.

I wonder if he challenged her to a burping contest?

[edit on 8-5-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

I wonder if he challenged her to a burping contest?

[edit on 8-5-2007 by lee anoma]

If he did I bet she won.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Give GWB a break. We didn't elect him because he was a great public speaker. We elected him because he was a brilliant Commander in Chief... wait... I mean because he knows how to manage our economy... wait... I mean because he would protect our rights under the Constitution... wait... because he could stop terrorists? Improve our international image? Help us when natural disasters hit? Why was it we elected him?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Such a shame that we hold our president to the lowest of standards.

Well...when we crash and burn as a society we'll have ourselves to blame for it.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I would agree, if we were referring to a cartoon monkey in a red jumpsuit with a big yellow hat, unfortunatly we are refering to George the President.

Funny you should compare George W. Bush with a cartoon monkey.

Some say the cartoon book "Curious George" was based on his dad, George H.W. Bush!

George H. W. Bush = Curious George???

Friends and acquaintances of Nikola Tesla recall him complaining about Scherff’s son, George, Jr., always snooping around Tesla’s lab. On more than one occasion (probably during the late 1930s), Tesla caught the 14-year old Scherff looking at his notes, poring through his books, and stealing small items from his lab. Tesla gave him the nickname, “Curious George” and likened him to a “mischievous monkey.” According to Skorzeny, (Adolph Hitler’s former bodyguard) in a deathbed confession to Eric “Orion” (Eric Berman) in S. Miami, Florida, Tesla, “hated the younger Scherff.” In fact, according to Skorzeny, the “Curious George” book and movie were inspired by Tesla’ s suggestion.

Curiously, the day before the national theatrical release of the Hollywood production of the Curious George feature length film, Alan Shalleck, the originator of Curious George (and the man in the Yellow hat), was found murdered under a pile of plastic garbage bags in his driveway in Florida at age 76. [13]

In short, Otto Skorzeny claimed that the true identity of George H.W. Bush was “George H. Scherff, Jr., the son of Nikola Tesla’s illegal-immigrant, German-born accountant, George H. Scherff, Sr.”

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
After the Staff created an elaborate, ornate welcome for the Queen of Englands visit...

I'm sorry to be a little pedantic, but she isn't the Queen of England. There hasn't been a King or Queen of England for three centuries (since the Act of Union between Scotland and England in 1707). She's the Queen of the United Kingdom (She isn't the Queen of Great Britain, either - there hasn't been one of those since 1801, when Ireland was added to the UK)

Easy way to remember it:

England = A single US State
United Kingdom = the entire country, equivalent to the United States.

It's like saying George Bush is the President of Texas. Whilst he is in a sense (in that he's the POTUS, which includes Texas) he isn't specifically the President of the state of Texas because there's no such thing.

Onto the issue at hand, though, I think Bush dealt with it very well. I imagine a lot of people were expecting some sort of a gaffe (nobody's perfect, right?) and I imagine he and Blair will laugh about it next time they speak. It's no biggie, surely? Everyone seemed to enjoy the dinner, things have gone well.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ste2652

Originally posted by lombozo
After the Staff created an elaborate, ornate welcome for the Queen of Englands visit...

I'm sorry to be a little pedantic, but she isn't the Queen of England. There hasn't been a King or Queen of England for three centuries (since the Act of Union between Scotland and England in 1707). She's the Queen of the United Kingdom (She isn't the Queen of Great Britain, either - there hasn't been one of those since 1801, when Ireland was added to the UK)

Sorry about that - I guess I made my own little gaffe. No disrespect intended. Thanks for the lesson!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
If you want to get ultra-technical, isn't she really Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?

[edit on 5/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Apparently these Reptilians live for thousands of years, they just switch bodies when their "human" body dies. So, maybe she was around for the American Revolution in 1776, and it wasnt a mistake afterall!

.....well thats only if you wanna get into those HARDCORE conspiracy theories!

CX

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
At the end of day, it's just good old fashioned manners that you do not wink at the any queen, no more than i would if i met Bush or any world leader.

It's common decency and protocol when meeting someone of that standing.

I appreciate that a lot of people will not appreciate that and strongly disagree, but anyone who has worked with people at this level should not even have to think about it.

In my opinion, any official should know this. He is'nt your average chav off the street "avin a larf" with the queen during a walkabout.

I realy can't see the need for the historical slanging match here, it's simply a case of using basic manners for the few minutes of the day that you are on the public stage.

CX.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This brings me to another thread . . . what will bush do after the presidency, and it confirm my suspicions.

He could write a book on Bush most popular blunders and made millions because as a motivation speaker he will never make money and his memoirs nobody wants them.

But blunders . . . that's where the money will be.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This is by far one of my favorite moments in the history of President Bush's administration. I have never enjoyed a flub as well as this one. I don't have anything to add I just wanted to say that. The pictures of the queen looking at George are priceless. Thank you and godspeed.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Last night Conan O’Brien said there was an awkward moment when Bush introduced the Queen as “Queen Elizabeth the Sequel.”

I thought he was serious for a second there.

Oh and Queen of UK. Right.

I'm just so used of hearing "Queen of England"...even from some English.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well technically its :

Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

:p

But then againn who's keeping track?

Just as a note....if america seems it ok for them to be the only country that doesnt bow to the queen, would it be ok for us to be the only country not to shake the presidents hand?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This brings me to another thread . . . what will bush do after the presidency, and it confirm my suspicions.

He could write a book on Bush most popular blunders and made millions because as a motivation speaker he will never make money and his memoirs nobody wants them.

But blunders . . . that's where the money will be.

Man! That's some good thinkin'! Maybe we could put a video compilation together. We could call it "Bush Gone Wild!" Like we could even use hidden cameras and record his daily routines! I'd like to watch him cook an egg, and hear his wife say "George, how many times do I have to tell you that the shell is the part you throw away."
Or when he mistakes his razor for his toothbrush. Or when he goes to the bank and they won't accept his check because it's written in crayon. Or when he goes to church and is takin' communion and he asks the priest "Psst, I didn't get to eat breakfast, can I have a couple extra wafers?" Wait! There's more! How about when Osama Bin Laden gives him a prank phone call! He'll tell George W:
"Hello, this is General Patton. It is very important for National Security that you press the number one on your phone. Hold it down, and whatever you do, don't let go of that button until I tell you to stop!"
And we can see how long George holds it down for!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I will love to see a video compilation of his blunders, it will be priceless.

Hey . . . do you know lombozo if is one out there yet, in the market?

Or Bush family holds all the rights to that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join