It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush - Once Again Shows His Wonderful Public Speaking Abilities

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by djohnsto77
What are you talking about?

Those were the original press images, I'm sure they didn't do a mirror image of one of them.

Isnt it possible he simply walked around her to another spot...

No, if you watch the video, you will see that this happened in about 10-18 sec's and neither of them changed positions. I'm not trying to start something, it's just that if it's one thing I know, it's graphics programs and post production techniques. Also having watched the video of the event, I'm sure that they didn't move when those events take place. Plus, the fact it was flipped, stuck out like the proverbials to me.
Deny ignorance, right?

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Am I the only one that believes this was another staged flub? Bush has done several. It's freaking endearing.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I don't think those images were taken from the video, but if you look here, you can see the Queen's face was completely shadowed when she was looking at him after that comment and didn't get any sunlight again until she was looking forward again and clearly smiling.

[edit on 5/9/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here's the superior quality Bush (you kidder!!!) and The Queen (We are not amused) video including all the much disputed angles!

news.bbc.co.uk...

The americans have no queen, because they only have 200 years of history, and no real identity, so you feel threatened by the current Ruler of a country which helped to define the USA.

Add to that all this hostility towards the Queen over Diana, (Hello? did she kill her? no.) and this thread is becoming less about Bush's gaff and more about royalists and anti royalists.

Stay on course which is that the leader of your country has 0 charm and even less knowledge of international protocol

As for the UK beating the states?

We wouldn't need to do that at all, as you're very own government (led by Bush and his honchos) is already doing a great job of that to you already - I mean just look at your economy, $, gas (petrol) prices and markets!

You should show the due respect and protocol to the Queen of the most powerful Isles in the world, and remember that the UK is a powerful nation that is also your biggest ally, (which happens to be steeped in centuries of traditions that americans could only dream about)

so cut the wisecracks and lets get back to bashing Bush

[edit on 10/5/2007 by deaman88]

[edit on 10/5/2007 by deaman88]

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
No, if you watch the video, you will see that this happened in about 10-18 sec's and neither of them changed positions. I'm not trying to start something, it's just that if it's one thing I know, it's graphics programs and post production techniques. Also having watched the video of the event, I'm sure that they didn't move when those events take place. Plus, the fact it was flipped, stuck out like the proverbials to me.
Deny ignorance, right?

Why don't you just look at the flower on her hat, or any other thing that isn't symmetrical, and you will see the picture has not been flipped. Talk about ironic the people that claim the POTUS is ignorant, stupid, what have you, and this is how astute they are.

So ok, if we want to play this game, why don't we go off tangent and ask if he can almost say 1776 instead of 1976, and immediately catch it and correct it, which I believe any fallible human could do easily enough, how is it that Obama somehow went through a whole speech after saying that there were 10,000 deaths in Kansas? I don't think I could possibly do that without catching it immediately... Then instead of just admitting he didn't know the facts of the matter, and then made a faux pas, they tried to make up an excuse, a questionable excuse that seems to be dishonest to me, that he meant to say "at least 10"... when the wording he used was

"And just in case you missed it, this week, this week there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people dead. An entire town destroyed."

And the excuse afterwards was...

"Obama spokesman Bill Burton said later that the senator meant to say "at least 10," instead of 10,000."

Doesn't sound reasonable to me, how can you say 10,000 and not realize what you said?

In any case, this thread is quite ignorant, and is indicative of how people will just debase and demean anyone they don't agree with in order to advance an agenda.

Used to happen in grade school with cliques, some people apparently didn't grow up.

TheMesh

[edit on 10-5-2007 by TheMesh]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
He could write a book on Bush most popular blunders and made millions because as a motivation speaker he will never make money and his memoirs nobody wants them.

But blunders . . . that's where the money will be.

I still like this one the best:

"There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join