It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus really God in the flesh?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Is Jesus really God? now before i make my statement i want to say that the mormons believe in three seperate entities God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit. Jehovah witnesses believe Jesus was the son of God. now us Christians believe in the holy trinity God, Jesus, and the Holy spirit so to start my argument why does it say in John 1:1 in the beginning there was the word and the word was with God and the word was God? then in verse 14 it says that the word became flesh and made his dwelling amoung us. we have seen his glory the glory of the one and only son of God who came from the father full of grace and truth....meaning the word of God is God and that word Became flesh which is Jesus...do you see where that is going? now in John 10:30 Jesus says i and the father are one now what does that mean? i think it means what it says and says what it means

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, he may be, i am sure he was someone special. But still not many people learned much and got involved in religious wars and other violent acts. If he was sent by God or if he is God, why so little effect on people? How many years of peace people had in last 2000 years? Or is this new God's plan - torture people so they learn something? Not very effective, i would say.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Indeed you are the son of man. Indeed you are God in the flesh. Indeed you are Jesus; if only you have faith. Indeed you are a Mormon; indeed are you a witness of Jah.

...by the miracles before us Atman is indeed brahman Brahman

The web is woven by the angels of the holy water, air, and light.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
yes he was

2Hereby know you the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:
and this is that spirit of antichrist,
whereof ye have heard that it should come;
and even now already is it in the world.

Wherefore I give you to understand,
that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed:
and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

John1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

also Jesus told the Pharisee that hi ''i am'' and they wanted to stone him

Peter was shown by the HS that Jesus was God in the flesh

also Jesus stated ''i and my Father are one''

Its a Christian doctrine called the deity of Christ
essential to believe if one is to be a Christian

link

``````````````````````````
Added link and 'ex' tags

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
my answer: no

no man is god in the flesh. no man is the tooth fairy in the flesh. no man is odin in the flesh. no man is poseidon in the flesh. no man is the flying spaghetti monster in the flesh. no man is mithra in the flesh. no man is horus in the flesh. no man is the crow spirit in the flesh. no man is quetzocoatl in the flesh. no man is amateratsu in the flesh. etc.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The Bible is heavily edited and you have to read the ancient texts of hs disciples. Though some of them say he was the son of God, Jesus said that we are all the Sons of God.

In the Aquarian Gospels and in the Indian Sutras (where Jesus is called 'Isa') I learned that he was the Word of God in the Flesh. The Sages recognized him as the Word and the Essenes called him the 'Logos-Circle-Seven' meaning 'The Word is the perfect circle of man and seven represents the brotherhood of man.

The controversy that lead to his life works out of the bible lies within Judas and Mary of Magdala. Supposedly, he only told them he was the 'Son of God', because Judas was the first to understand the way to the kingdom and Mary devoted her life in learning about the kingdom after he cast 7 demons of the air from her body.

But throughout the rest of the ancient texts, he said that it was impossible for the Father to conceive with a woman, also the Holy Spirit couldnt conceive with Miriam (Virgin Mary) because it too is a feminine spirit. He preached that if God says so, then it is. Meaning he said that she would conceive without Joseph and it hapened.

Now as for the Pharisees and Sadducees, they wanted him to admit that he was the Son of God and King of Jews, but he refused to answer. Even after they witnessed his deeds, they turned him over for blasphemy in which Pilate asked the same questions. Here is the text between He and Pilate in the Gospel of Nicodemus, Ch.5 V.2

2 And Pilate went in again into the judgement hall and called Jesus apart and said unto him: Art thou the King of the Jews? Jesus answered and said to Pilate: Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate answered Jesus: Am I also a Jew? thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered: My kingdom is not of this world; for if my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have striven that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. Pilate said unto him: Art thou a king, then? Jesus answered him: Thou sayest that I am a king; for this cause was I born and am come, that every one that is of the truth should hear my voice. Pilate saith unto him: What is truth? Jesus saith unto him: Truth is of heaven. Pilate saith: Is there not truth upon earth? Jesus saith unto Pilate: Thou seest how that they which speak the truth are judged of them that have authority upon earth.

Whether he was Son or Man, look at the track record. In the Old Testaments, the possessed and laim couldnt be healed until 'the Word' came and through the Word, were demons able to be cast out, the crippled able to walk, and the dead able to rise...except Ezekiel 37 when the Lord told him to use the Word bring the Dry Bones back to life. That would be AWESOME to have that ability!

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Jesus Christ is God in the Flesh.

1 Timothy 3:16

God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory

Philippians
2:5-7
… Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,
but emptied Himself,
taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
John 1:1
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Index of Messianic Prophecies

IX
helen

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
my answer: no

no man is god in the flesh. no man is the tooth fairy in the flesh. no man is odin in the flesh. no man is poseidon in the flesh. no man is the flying spaghetti monster in the flesh. no man is mithra in the flesh. no man is horus in the flesh. no man is the crow spirit in the flesh. no man is quetzocoatl in the flesh. no man is amateratsu in the flesh. etc.

Well said madness. The flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
yes he is and he proved it

he raised himself from the dead
and will return --soon i hope

[edit on 7-5-2007 by tom_roberts]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
as a Christian i could never accept this
and also what is scripture is inspired by God himself

so lets look at this

Q How is the Aquarian Gospel different than the four gospels of Christian scripture?

A This Gospel is much more detailed and comprehensive than traditional Christian scripture. It was written by a direct eyewitness of Jesus’ entire life (as the sacred story unfolded before his eyes), and it has never been edited (except for a few grammar and spelling corrections). Yes, the transcriber of the Aquarian Gospel witnessed the entire life of Messiah – from the birth of Mary, His mother, to the Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension of Christ, and all that transpired between.

IN another words its so called better than the new testement
a red flag for sure

Q How can this be?

A The Book of God’s Remembrance is a recording – imprinted on disc-like plates smaller than atoms, and we live in the times of Revelations! Every event that ever occurs leaves photonic imprints on these radiant sub-atomic particles, which continuously emit extremely fine energy waves. These imprinted bits of energetic matter are in the air and water, and they quickly disperse to every place on Earth.

what was that about?photonic imprints
'

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

John1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
where is the aquarian Gospel found? and as for you madness have you read and believe the bible to be true? if so how with this knowledge can you refute that Jesus is in fact God in the flesh?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Bible is just a book. Its chapters were chosen from among many other books by men with an agenda. What about the Gospel of Mary? What about the Gospel of Judas? What about all the other books of the Apocrypha?

IMO the Bible is a guide for living for a bunch of contentious desert peoples. The Old Testament is a series of guidelines for tribal living in harsh environments.

The rest of it is a sort of Rorschach test. You see what you want to see in it. Taking it too literally is sort of nutsy in my opinion, at any rate.

Books of the Bible may or may not have been written by disciples of that Jesus guy. There's no proof except what is in the Bible itself, and it can't prove or disprove itself as it is a continuum unto itself. It only makes sense by its own rules, the bulk of which don't fit modern society.

It's a book. Just a book. I could say ATS is now my Bible and quote "scripture" from it to prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and it would be true by its own rules, but not by the rules of other viewpoints.

People in China used the Book of Mao as their Bible. Where's the Book of Mao now, brown cow?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Umm it's a long time since i was at Sunday School, but my understanding is that Jesus WAS God in the body of man! But instead of arguing over this should we not be more interested in the message that God/Jesus had which was to love one another and not kill each other. Surely that is more important. After all it was stated that the body was only a temple. What matters is what you beleive within yourself ! I think that is true for most relgions as well.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
the aquarium gospels can be found on line

as for the bible just being a book

well not true
as i have stated God says he will prove the scripture is his word Thur prophesy and he has

one would have to ignore 300 some odd prophesies that have come to pass

these are not cheap predictions, these are name calling ,history making
events well documented by archaeologists and many other scholars

Jesus for instance and all the prophesies concerning him
the text of falvious Josephus, Pliny the elder

all mention Christ and all are ancient secular texts

Alexander the great was show a copy of the book of Daniel and correctly supposed himself to be the middle part of the statue of Daniel vision

History is full of the names , places, countries, of the lands mentioned in scripture

as for not understand the bible--thats a simple one found again in scripture

scripture tells us that God will only grant a man--lost man--
enough understanding of his word to find salvation
I.E. Christ and accepting him

many think they can pic up the bible and understand it and are natural men, and of course God confounds such arrogance

But if a man will ask God to teach him, tell him he really does not believe
in him and ask God to forgive him and increase his faith

THEN..............doors start to open

examine a few verses and may the Spirit of God touch you

Jeremiah 33:3 "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."

Luke 11:9-10
9And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
10For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened

1John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him,

I Corinthians 2:14 But the natural [unsaved] man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

Romans 1:16-17
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by
faith.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Jesus is not God, but the son of God.

If they were one in the same then Jesus/God didn't really die and our sins were never rally paid for.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
not correct

Jesus is God in the Flesh

Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:8
1 John 4:2-3: "This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world."
The above verse needs to be cross referenced with John 1:1,14 (also written by John) where he states that the Word was God and the Word became flesh.
1 John 4:2-3 is saying that if you deny that Jesus is God in flesh then you are of the spirit of Antichrist.
John 8:24, "I said, therefore, to you, that you will die in your sins. For if you do not believe that I am, you will die in your sins."
Jesus said here that if you do not believe "that I am" you will die in your sins. In Greek I am is 'ego eimi,' which means ‘I am.' These are the same words used in John 8:58 where Jesus says "...before Abraham was, I am." He was claiming the divine title by quoting Exodus 3:14 in the Greek Septuagint. (The Septuagint was the Hebrew Old Testament translated into Greek.)

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
here a few more verses that make the same claim

John 14
6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
christology 101
there are six different views of Yeshua ben Joseph.

1. Trinity: He is God and also the Word, 2nd part of the Trinity
2. Unitary: He is the Son of God but not God, only the Father is God
3. Modalism: He is God, but there is no trinity, he is a mode of God
4. JW: he is the archangel Micheal
then there are variations on the nature of his body or spirit
5. He was God but never had a real body, it was a form he took (forget what they call that) like a spirit.
6. He never was God but had a body.
the list goes on with different variations.

I go for the Trinity.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

here is a list of heresies

Heresies
Adoptionism- God granted Jesus powers and then adopted him as a Son.
Albigenses- Reincarnation and two gods: one good and other evil.
Apollinarianism- Jesus divine will overshadowed and replaced the human.
Arianism - Jesus was a lesser, created being.
Docetism- Jesus was divine, but only seemed to be human.
Donatism- Validity of sacraments depends on character of the minister.
Gnosticism - Dualism of good and bad and special knowledge for salvation.
Kenosis - Jesus gave up some divine attributes while on earth.
Modalism - God is one person in three modes.
Monarchianism - God is one person.
Monophysitism- Jesus had only one nature: divine.
Nestorianism - Jesus was two persons.
Patripassionism - The Father suffered on the cross
Pelagianism - Man is unaffected by the fall and can keep all of God's laws.
Socinianism - Denial of the Trinity. Jesus is a deified man.
Tritheism - the Trinity is really three separate gods.

`````````````````````````````
Added LINK and 'ex tags.

Please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7/5/07 by masqua]

[edit on 7/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Books of the Bible may or may not have been written by disciples of that Jesus guy. There's no proof except what is in the Bible itself, and it can't prove or disprove itself as it is a continuum unto itself. It only makes sense by its own rules, the bulk of which don't fit modern society.

It's a book. Just a book. I could say ATS is now my Bible and quote "scripture" from it to prove the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and it would be true by its own rules, but not by the rules of other viewpoints.

People in China used the Book of Mao as their Bible. Where's the Book of Mao now, brown cow?

Flying Spaghetti Monster is real and i can prove it by quoting ATS as long as needed, so it will be proven once for all, so i won't have to think about universe or social issues but just to quote and with quotes answer every possible question. Anyone with doubts is either under Satanic influence or cannot understand word of Flying Spaghetti Monster.

In my vision i was instructed to spread the gospel of Flying Spaghetti Monster and i am dedicating all my time and life to our lord, Flying Spaghetti Monster. If needed i will go to World War and fight in the name of Flying Spaghetti Monster. Whoever thinks Flying Spaghetti Monster is not real is heretic and should be stoned or burned at stake.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join