It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is God a Thought Form???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by etshrtslr
the God of the old testament is not a God of love, peace and harmony that Jesus taught in the new testament.

Example - MOSES ... he commanded his army to slaughter the entire enemy (which I understand) .. every man, woman, and child (which I suppose given the times .. was understandable) .. but to spare the young virginal girls so that the soldiers could keep them as sex toys.

So much for the 10 commandments - the one that said 'thou shalt not commit adultry'.

YES .. it does seem that the God of the OT and NT are two different personalities.

The commandments applied to the ones commanded. The Canaanites were outside of this Covenant.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I truly believe that the concept of "God" was created by man in an effort to make itself different from other species of the earth.

I also believe that we all are the same without the physical bodies and that we all came from the source and as we die we also be back to that same source.

So to answer the question" is God a thought form", well yes it is.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

1 - In your opinions - Is God a thought form?? I fully believe in God and that He created us ... but I'd like to know if YOU folks, who are into thought forms, believe that we humans created God? 40,000 or 50,000 years and billions upon billions of humans worshipping and praying ... in your opinion did we create a God-thought-form ?? Does our worship continue to strengthen it?

2 - Or - In your opinions - Are WE God's thought forms?

Glad you started this thread FF. All that follows is IMO.

I think both the above are relevant, to a degree.

I'd first like to replace the word 'God' with 'Deity'. This immediately changes everything, because with that switch, we rid ourselves of the confines of structured religion.

Diety is different even though it denotes exactly the same idea of a Creator, which is fundamental to all things spiritual.

Deity existed prior to the creation itself.

Deity caused creation by 'thinking' it into existance.

Matter came into existance through the will of the Creator using the energy of the Creator.

All matter is energy.

All matter is the Creator.

The Creator is aware through a connection to that energy, even though it seems dispersed.

We are also matter and we 'remember' the Creator because we also are part of the Creator.

'Remembering' has been a process that humans have done for at least 40,000 years (as evidenced in prehistoric art and design).

So, in a way, we humans are not the creators of Deity, but instead are aware of the Creator through that 'connection'.

Are lower forms of life aware? I don't know, but I 'think' they are so, if only unconsciously.

Animals are conscious of joy and fear... that is obvious. Do they have remorse or pity(?)... I'm not so sure. These emotions indicate a higher sense of awareness than some life-forms, but not as broad in scope as we know. However, we are talking about 'consciousness' here.

Does every atom have a memory of Deity? Is each subatomic particle known to every other subatomic particle in this universe?

I've read of such theories within what is termed 'the Holographic Universe'.

In that case, could even a stone then unconsciously 'remember' Deity through the complex subatomic structure of its elements?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I believe the creator left us not long after he made us and the current god here right now is a thought form created by us to fill the void some of us seem to have

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HuntaXX
I believe the creator left us not long after he made us and the current god here right now is a thought form created by us to fill the void some of us seem to have

I don't believe he left us, more apropiately we left him or severed our connection to him. If you read genesis in the beginning we were at one with god and there was no scripture, ritual, religion. Then the fall happened, and the nature of this fall is a higher msytery in itself, and we lost our connection to God hence why world religions started appearing as a way of reuniting with divine in theory at least anyway.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Animals are conscious of joy and fear... that is obvious. Do they have remorse or pity(?)... I'm not so sure. These emotions indicate a higher sense of awareness than some life-forms, but not as broad in scope as we know. However, we are talking about 'consciousness' here.

I think animals are very remorseful. If you don't think they are, then consider this. My mother had a dog for several years and she had to give the dog away because the apartment complex where she moved didn't allow pets.

Anyway, a couple of months later, my mother found out that the dog died about a week after she dropped the dog off at the new owner's home. The dog wouldn't eat anything and just laid around.

So,yes, animals can be very mournful...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
As far as I can see everything we witness as an individual is possibly just though forms.

We can only be sure that we exist in whatever form we see ourselves as.
Everything that is, could be merely subconscious and conscious thoughts.

I see this thing god that people talk of, exists only as a thought. Thought has brought forth many technological and creative advances. Perhaps if enough people believe in the god illusion / delusion it (god) can become real through positive power? But hopefully not, if thought can create, man is a wicked species, a plague on this rock earth, who knows what creatures of the id would out?

God a thought form? Certainly, a manifestation of empty unfulfilled lives, seeking solice in a better place

We should be too busy for god, too busy to sit here typing this nonsense

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
God is a thoughtform.

And no matter what you call him ; Allah, Satan, God, Odin, Chuck Norris, he is still the same.

I find it allot easier to believe that humans made God out of the magickal effect caused by years of projecting their will into this God existing, it's much easier to believe than "God just popped up out of nowhere, existed forever, and made us out of dust".

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
well to me god is conscience and light
i believe that the bible is a lie also

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
God is an idea or a theory that justifies what can't be explained.

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
* Shameless Bump * This subject has come back up and so my brain got tickled and I'm bumping this thread to see what the new batch of ATSers have to say. It's been a while .. perhaps some new thoughts on this subject??

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Up until a few weeks ago I had never heard of 'thought forms'. Then, here on ATS, This thread came about. It is an ATS community project to build a thought form.

I have spent the last week or so reading up on thought forms. I have a few questions for those who believe that thought forms are real. (I'm starting to think they could be ... )

1 - In your opinions - Is God a thought form?? I fully believe in God and that He created us ... but I'd like to know if YOU folks, who are into thought forms, believe that we humans created God? 40,000 or 50,000 years and billions upon billions of humans worshipping and praying ... in your opinion did we create a God-thought-form ?? Does our worship continue to strengthen it?

2 - Or - In your opinions - Are WE God's thought forms?

3 - In your opinions - cultures that have ancestor worship - do they somehow feed the soul/spirit of that ancestor by sending thought-forms (worship) to that ancestor?

4 - In your opinions - Catholics do not worship saints but they talk to the saints and get them involved with day to day earthly activities. Do you think that this feeds the soul/spirit of that saint and gives them more energy/power?

My position - I fully believe in God and that He created us. I am starting to read up on thought forms and find that I think they probably can be created. I do NOT believe that God is a human made thought form ... but the thought came to me to ask those who understand thought forms their opinion on that.

Hello Flyersfan,

Yes, God and even the astral plane (heaven) is an imbalanced thought form/energy created in the earths consciousness and people keep it alive and feed it energy by thier belief in it! Here is a link to an exellent 7 page article in pdf format on the how it/they are created and kept alive by belief systems:

www.equilibrauk.com...

Mike

edit on 09 10 2016 by MikeS80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
By definition, thoughtforms exist only on the astral plane, which is the second of the seven planes of consciousness. So God CANNOT be a thoughtform, as the seven planes are the manifestation of what Kabbalists call the seven Sephiroth of Construction, which are the objective aspects of God, as opposed to the Supernal Triad, the 3-fold subjective aspect of God described by the trinities in many religions and creation myths.

When popular fads in theoretical physics become mixed with pet theories and misunderstood terms and concepts of esoteric doctrines, the result is the intellectual chaos displayed in this thread. The teaching of the seven planes of consciousness is mathematically represented in the Tree of Life, Sri Yantra, the five Platonic solids and certain other examples of sacred geometry (an equally very misunderstood term). For details of the proof of this, see:
smphillips.mysite.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
By definition, thoughtforms exist only on the astral plane, which is the second of the seven planes of consciousness. So God CANNOT be a thoughtform, as the seven planes are the manifestation of what Kabbalists call the seven Sephiroth of Construction, which are the objective aspects of God, as opposed to the Supernal Triad, the 3-fold subjective aspect of God described by the trinities in many religions and creation myths.

When popular fads in theoretical physics become mixed with pet theories and misunderstood terms and concepts of esoteric doctrines, the result is the intellectual chaos displayed in this thread. The teaching of the seven planes of consciousness is mathematically represented in the Tree of Life, Sri , the five Platonic solids and certain other examples of sacred geometry (an equally very misunderstood term). For details of the proof of this, see:
smphillips.mysite.com...

Hello micpsi,

The qabala/Kabbalah and its tree of life is largely responsible for the externalization of truth (even so called 'sacred' geometry is a false externalization of truth), knowledge and the false origins of our spirituality and very beginnings. It is also the consciousness which is responsible for founding and developing many of our religious beliefs today, and many New Age philosophies, healing modalities, beliefs in alien UFO's, channelled information from external spiritual hierarchies and many of the 'new' more modernised spiritual enlightenment movements we see today, even the extra-terrestrial ones. Even The Council of Nine is manufactured from this same unbalanced consciousness. The law of attraction works in our physical reality and in the astral plane. You will get what you believe in as-like attracts like and you reap what you sow!

Your comment about intellectual chaos is a compliment more then anything, The intellect/ego will never find truth looking outside of itself!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join