It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Mile Wide Tornado In Kansas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Has anyone heard the reports coming out of Kansas yet? Word is that there is a 2 mile wide tornado in Greensburg. I believe this would be a record or near a record for the largest (size) tornado ever observed. Here is a link to an image of the tornado. It looks to have been taken with a cell phone.

www.kotv.com...

Does anyone else have any information on this? This tornado happened today (May 4th 2007).

[edit on 5/5/2007 by Indy]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I found a Weather Blog here

jamesspann.com...

They're describing a huge swath of destruction..2 miles wide.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I actually just went and found that blog also, before I could post it I decided to check and see if anyone had replied and noticed that SpaceDoubt had.

Anyway, I live in MO and I try and keep a really good eye out on tornadoes in the area and I have found that this is a good site to see how many tornadoes have struck around the US in the past day, you can also view the past 3 hours. I know this doesn't really specifically deal with the tornado that is being talked about but I figured some might find this site interesting if nothing else.

www.spc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I found this story that estimates 60% of the town of Greensburg, KS was heavily damaged.

www.kansas.com...

Maybe I should have posted this somewhere other than fragile earth? If this isn't in the right place can someone move it for me?

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
didnt know if i should post this here or a new thread,

this isnt the greenburg tornado but it is incredible footage
www.youtube.com...

found on
tornadovideos.net...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here's more info on that tornado, www.kotv.com... .

It's from a news station out of Tulsa, OK. Shows a picture of that tornado and talks about it being 1 mile wide.

The roads into town have been closed. 60-65% of the town has been destroyed. It hit at 9:45 pm Friday night. At 11:15 pm when the article was released there had been no reports of injury yet.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies_
didnt know if i should post this here or a new thread,

this isnt the greenburg tornado but it is incredible footage
www.youtube.com...

found on
tornadovideos.net...

That is definitely the most awesome footage I've seen of a tornado. I was nervous just watching it, I couldn't imagine being the one filming it. They were only 50yds from it. Scary stuff.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The following is live news feed from Kansas:

www.ksn.com...

Lots of video coverage.

mg

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Thanks man, I'm watching it now! They are saying main street is basically gone. This is huge!!! wow! I was in a tornado when I was about 5. Very scary. Oh man they are saying there is another one In Clatlin

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
A new warning until 8 am! Very bad stuff!!!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I was watching also, thanks for that link.

Said people are going door to door right now in Greensburg to see if anyone needs help and such. Not a good storm system. Hope it breaks up before it hits MO.

Edit to say as of 2:36 am 1 fatality had been confirmed per NBC news out of Wichita KS (per the news man on the link that the previous poster posted).
[edit on 5/5/2007 by LunaBug]

[edit on 5/5/2007 by LunaBug]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 01:45 AM
link   
asmuch as i'd one day love to storm chase, it scared the bejesus out of me.

thoughts and prayers go to all people who are in the path of this storm, and to those who have already been in it.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
wow. tornados suck! but i cant help but notice, so i'll say it, greensburg, blacksburg? any other colored named burgs in the country? I gotta check this date in freemason history! (sorry, this is a conspiracy theory website)

i aslo couldnt help notice this was reporting was a nbc station. they had 21 mph and 2:13 am, those numbers do add up

2+1=3
3-1=2
=== 322 skull and bones addy

damn i have a friend lives in Kansas, not sure which part though

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I hope this is not a sample of things to come.........
Also, I've heard of tornados hapening in unlikely locations
as well

[edit on 5-5-2007 by DuncanIdahoGholem]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Here's a site that shows some footage of what Greensburg looks like after the tornado hit. The first link will pop up as a video but it's the same picture that Indy posted earlier.

www.kake.com...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm reading it was only about a mile across. That's still big but a lot smaller than a 2 mile diameter tornado. It's probably just a matter of time before we have a number of really big tornadoes hit some major city one day in the future. Then the story will be really big news.

Hopefully everybody is ok where this storm hit. I would not want to be in the path of an F5 or whatever the most powerful tornado rating is now.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I'm reading it was only about a mile across. That's still big but a lot smaller than a 2 mile diameter tornado.

"Even" at a mile across that's got to be one of the largest tornadoes ever seen.

Think about it: it would take seven minutes just to walk perpendicularly across the path of destruction.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Ft. Worth got hit pretty back a little while back, and was very destructive to a lot of office buildings.

Can't imagine one destroying everything into Dallas :-\

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
according to some reports there is a very high chance of worse tomorrow (err today US time)

tornadovideos.net...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I saw the images on the news this morning.
Wow. Thoughts and prayers go out to all the families, especially to familes of the deceased. (7 currently).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join