It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Surfaces Showing Kurdish Girl Stoned to Death for Relationship With Iraqi Sunni Boy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Video Surfaces Showing Kurdish Girl Stoned to Death for Relationship With Iraqi Sunni Boy

CAUTION: Violence, View at your own Risk

www.nothingtoxic.com

Here is a snippet from :

Video link:
nothingtoxic.com

A horrifying video showing a 17-year-old Kurdish girl being stoned to death for having a relationship with a Sunni Muslim boy has made its way onto the Web, drawing outrage and condemnation from international human rights groups.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-5-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

mod edit, to add caution

[edit on 4-5-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is absolutely horrible ! Not only are these people animals, but I can't believe this is happening in modern society. How can this be justified by religious creed? I am still just horrified by all this. Sorry if I sound a little riled up.

www.nothingtoxic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Horrid! Not even animals treat their kind this way. Too many deaths have occurred in the name of religion. This is sickening.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I seen the video and just cant understand it? They stand around with their cell cams out like its some great deed they are doing when in fact its amongst the most evil things I have every seen. Is it wrong for me to want that whole country obliterated? They are not people and should not be treated as such imo if that whole area was exposed to nerve gas I would support the action!

I truly do not think there could ever be peace between the western world and fanatical maniacs like those extremists which seem to be a growing majority over there? There is no justice at all for that poor girl to and that whole group actually thinks they did something good which makes me literally sick and upset . I say make a parking lot out of that whole part of the world we do not need people like that at all and I am sorry if that sounds harsh but thats my opinion. THOSE WERE NOT PEOPLE!

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Another senseless, brutal death brought to you by Islam, the Religion of Peace.

Yeah, it's a one liner but what more can be said?

I am truely ashamed and embarrassed that these animals are considered human.

CX

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Unfortunately thats how low people can sink to when religion is involved.

It's been like that throughout history and in most religions, and unfortunately i can't ever see it changing.

Shocking video, but sadly not the only one about and won't be the last.

CX.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
I seen the video and just cant understand it? They stand around with their cell cams out like its some great deed they are doing when in fact its amongst the most evil things I have every seen. Is it wrong for me to want that whole country obliterated?

One might say you have an "extremist" point of view on this. Extremism is never good, regardless of the direction it goes.

These actions are disgusting, but instead of killing MORE innocent gilrs like this one in a massive bombing champaigne, maybe education on human rights is a better idea.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slickinfinity
Is it wrong for me to want that whole country obliterated?
Yes, and one of the reasons is the fact that they could considered a people without country if we are talking about Kurds.

They are not people and should not be treated as such imo if that whole area was exposed to nerve gas I would support the action!

Saddam Hussein tried it on some people and look what he got!

We should never kill another human being (or any living being) without a really good reason like self-defense.

PS:I did not saw the video.

[edit on 4/5/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I came close to barfing over the keyboard of sheer disgust, it's hard to understand such monstrous behaviour exists today. Yet there it is, when will some grow up?

Now it's only a matter of time till somebody drops in to say not all are like them, true. But see for yourself what religion can drive people to do, if twisted correctly.

Ugh.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah, wipe out a whole group of people because of their senseless beliefs. While you're at it, take out yourself along the way.

I usually can't stand any religious discussions or anything to do with it (one being this very reason) but it's hilarious when folks scream they should be killed over their actions. They shouldn't, they've been brought up this way since day 1 fed the same way any other religious family is brought up. This includes all Christians, Jews, Hindu, etc etc.

The people involved deserve punishment and an earthly one while you're at it. Not death to a whole region/group.

You guys make me sick.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Donoso]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I couldnt even watch the whole thing....Im not going to going to say 'well all kurds suck because they did such a thing or all religion is bad" (i know nothing of the kurdish religion) But i will say that some people suck and some people are bad and what they did to that girl was wong IMO

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Culture Clash

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Another senseless, brutal death brought to you by Islam, the Religion of Peace.

Ironically enough, that's not the case here.

From a related article:

The moment a teenage girl was stoned to death for loving the wrong boy

Miss Aswad, a member of a minority Kurdish religious group called Yezidi, was condemned to death as an "honour killing" by other men in her family and hardline religious leaders because of her relationship with the Sunni Muslim boy.

They said she had shamed herself and her family when she failed to return home one night. Some reports suggested she had converted to Islam to be closer to her boyfriend.

Wikipedia: Yazidi

The religion of the Yazidis is a highly syncretistic one: Sufi influence and imagery can be seen in their religious vocabulary, especially in the terminology of their esoteric literature, but much of the mythology is non-Islamic, and their cosmogonies apparently have many points in common with those of ancient Persian religions. Early writers attempted to describe Yazidi origins, broadly speaking, in terms of Islam, or Persian, or sometimes even pagan religions; however, publications since the 1990s have shown such an approach to be over-simplistic.[1]

To call the Yazidi religion "Islam" is akin to calling Christianity and Islam "branches of Judaism".

And on that note, truly devout Jews will stone adulterers to death as commanded by God (see Leviticus and Deuteronomy), so maybe we should blame God or the Jews for their pioneering work in the field of stoning people to death.

What makes this particular example so ironic is that this girl was apparently stoned to death by non-Muslims for associating with a Muslim.

Make of that what you will.

Certainly, there is no shortage of stonings in the name of Islam these days, but -- unless these news reports are patently false -- to lay this particular case at the feet of Muslims would be grossly unjust.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
i didn't watch because i know i would have been pissed/annoyed/bummed i can only imagine what it looks like..anyway ughh damn this hella blows. i feel so bad for her man.

shes only 17 jeez. Andyeah not ALL kurds are like this..u know the whole rotten apples in the bunch saying.
it's scary how the mindset of some of these people is. don't they realize the bible is extremely outdated those practices shouldnt be used today but whatever. I just hope someday they will wisen up but i doubt it which makes me bummed. i mean dam how can they be so hardheaded its sketchy as hell!!! booo to those people not all of them but the few that have the mindset. im sure they think our rituals/beliefs are crazy as well.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I did see see the video, and I agree it is disgusting, but to decide to ethnically cleanse any group of people shows a complete lack of understanding of how humanity works. I can easily imagine an alien coming to Earth and deciding that all of humanity is evil because some subsets of humanity have done the some pretty evil stuff, but we all would agree that that would be an incorrect conclusion, just as it would be incorrect to label all Kurds as being evil and deserving of death just because of this one incident.

Kurds are typically Muslim (and they typically follow a subset of Sunni-Islam, ironically, though it's not strictly Sunni-Islam), but that's not to say all Kurds are Muslim. Kurds are united by their ethnicity--not their religion. Their ethnicity is tied to a long gone state called Kurdistan that spans modern Iraq, Turkey, Iran, and Syria. A significant minority of Kurds still practice some of the native monotheistic religions (grouped under the label Yazdanism). An even smaller minority practice Christianity (do you Christians want to be killing your own) or even Judaism.

A lot of this information is on Wikipedia if anyone wishes to check. Another good site is here.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't agree with stoning, it is simply awful but i will say this.

To all those that constantly use the word "animsls" in place of humans, well you disgust me quiet a lot. Different cultures have different customs, just becuase they don't fit in with your view doesn't mean you can call them animals. Yes there are limits to brutality and being human, but please, this is there way of dealing with it. No doubt they view your ideas as animalistic, maybe instead we should accept each other for what we are.

Sorry i just hate it when people call others animals in this kind of situation. It seems to suggest they are less than human, unthinking and uncaring. Be very careful with this kind of view.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Regardless of what religion they practice, there is no excuse for slamming cinder blocks on a 17 year old girls head until blood splatters and not stopping until well after she has stopped moving. They were stomping the $#@% out of her as well. That is the most appalling thing I have ever seen. And to think that all she was doing was being with someone she liked/loved. What cowards!!!

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Previously posted:

To all those that constantly use the word "animsls" in place of humans, well you disgust me quiet a lot. Different cultures have different customs, just becuase they don't fit in with your view doesn't mean you can call them animals.

I am sorry to "OFFEND" by using the word animals but I believe somone else said it best:

Not even animals treat their kind like this

I honestly believe that says it best.

This behavior should not be accepted by any "culture" , if you can even call this behavior! I believe it is the opposite. This is just my personal opinion.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I don't agree with stoning, it is simply awful but i will say this.

To all those that constantly use the word "animsls" in place of humans, well you disgust me quiet a lot. Different cultures have different customs, just becuase they don't fit in with your view doesn't mean you can call them animals. Yes there are limits to brutality and being human, but please, this is there way of dealing with it. No doubt they view your ideas as animalistic, maybe instead we should accept each other for what we are.

Sorry i just hate it when people call others animals in this kind of situation. It seems to suggest they are less than human, unthinking and uncaring. Be very careful with this kind of view.

Errm, anybody who throws rocks at someones head IS uncaring and unthinking, therefore less human then me.

These kind of cases make my blood boil.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
WOW..thank god those are all innocent iraqi people just trying to live while the BIG MEAN USA INVADES their country and makes them do bad things and our soldiers are so mean that they hurt and kill people that stone little girls and use car bombs to kill anyone they can, etc....We are definitly the reason for terrorism and the "MEAN" things that happen in iraq and abroad.

What I like is where are all the American haters and military protestors right now...Why are you not sticking up for your wonder iraqi people now who are so innocent and being abused by the USA. Thank god we put our own troops in prison and ruined their careers for a few photos of iraqi men naked (but well fed and getting medical treatment)..I mean they could of just stoned them to death in the name of islam and taken pics with there cell phones and gotten away with it....and some of you ACTUALLY wonder why these people are such a threat to the US

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadow_soldier1975
-*snip*-
...and some of you ACTUALLY wonder why these people are such a threat to the US
Are Iraqis evil? I'm not saying that that's what you meant, but that's what your words seem to be implying.

What happened to taking the moral high road? Is that just too difficult now?

These are genuine questions, and I'm not trying to attack you, but I can't help but wonder about these things.

Personally, I don't think its ethical on our part to leave Iraq when we're the ones responsible for bringing it down. On the other hand, I sympathize with those that want to leave. To paraphrase a famous quote, if we stay, there will be trouble--if we go, it will be double. There's bad, and then there's worse. The question is, which is which?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join