It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Mall Layout Predicts World Events

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What a great read

I belive that there was much thought put into the design of DC, and that there may be symbols in the ctiy itself.

If these people are doing what we fear, they would leave symbols such as these in the open, knowing most would be to blind to ever know

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inannamute
The british use the metric system now, however that's only roughly the last 50 years or so - when my parents were kids they were still firmly imperial.

British don't use metric system, well anyway not in brittan and british colonys.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeSbO

Originally posted by Inannamute
The british use the metric system now, however that's only roughly the last 50 years or so - when my parents were kids they were still firmly imperial.

British don't use metric system, well anyway not in brittan and british colonys.

Sorry mate but Au uses metric, and as a matter of fact how many cents make up a US dollar ??? a multiple of 12 ? or some deci equivelant ?

Anyways this is total hogwash and I bet you could apply the same measurement system to London or Paris and link up events to suit.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by mazzroth]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
ley lines are hogwash, and this falls under that category to me.

fun read though

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Big stretch going on here. I suppose that nobody considered it a little odd that the measurements being used are Metric? Can you say coincidence?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Seems pretty accurate to me, without much effort I got within approximately 1.5ft of the 1776m measurement.

[edit on 5/4/2007 by yadboy]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im usually an open minded bloke but this stretches even my belief to its limits.

I'll only worry when bush picks a fight with the chinese. Then ill poo myself.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy
Seems pretty accurate to me, without much effort I got within approximately 1.5ft of the 1776m measurement.

What software is that which allows you to measure the map? That is cool.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069

Google Earth

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Google Earth

Yet another reason I need to upgrade my OS. If that isn't a conspiracy I don't know what is. I wish they would make all software work with old OS' indefinitely.

I am going to miss Win98

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yadboy

Except when you bother to zoom in and make your measurements accurate, 1776 metres gets you from nothing exactly to nothing exactly. Interesting coincidence and nothing more.

And why's the Washington Monument not dead-in-line if this were of some import?

And lastly, nobody's answered why Metric?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon
Except when you bother to zoom in and make your measurements accurate, 1776 metres gets you from nothing exactly to nothing exactly. Interesting coincidence and nothing more.

And why's the Washington Monument not dead-in-line if this were of some import?

And lastly, nobody's answered why Metric?

Read back Fitzgibbon, I posted a picture and link to a site that showed a relationship with the Great Pyramid. Inside the Pyramid lies the Queens chamber which is offset a little. That site shows that relationship and why the offset. It is very interesting.

On another note (because I don't want this thread to die), for anyone interested I am linking this site and a pic of its GIS system. For those of you who don't know, GIS means geographical information systems. Many governments are adopting the software technology to assist in mapping for various uses and offer online imaging of map databases, Washington DC included.

Here is a pic:

You can look to the left of the screenshot and notice you can measure points probably very precisely - much better than google earth I would imagine.

Here is a link to the DC GIS website:

DC Atlas

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Additionally, I noticed something bizarre in my above post. The fountain in front of the Capitol Building and the paths behind it resemble a woman. Turn the image on its side and it is a female torso with a naval (fountain), paths (breasts), and vagina (pandoras box). Also the Capitol reflecting pool symbolizing birth perhaps? The two traffic circles represent ovaries linked directly to the fountain (naval).

Do you see all these things?

[edit on 5-5-2007 by ben91069]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If there is any credence to this theory we must consider how far back this planning goes. It would imply that individuals plotted 9/11 pre-1776, that's far fetched. It does tie in well to IgnoranceIsNotBliss's theory regarding the unfinished pyramid though...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i rad the first few paragraphs, and then i decided i'd rather stop reading, you cannot predict events 200 years in advance, even a 50 years from now, man won't know wat to do. even if i could, i'd rather not, because once you know the future, you don't have one anymore.... i'd rather not read it... this is probably just thought derived from the consiracy atmosphere or paranoia sweeping the world, of course some of the conspiracy is surely true, however when we get to the point were we're thinking that a few were able to predict events 200+ years in advance, why the hell didn't they say anything? they could've prevented millions of deaths in the WW's, prevented the cold war, even prevented Nuclear weapons... it seems absurd to me that this couild be true...

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
interesting read no doubt!

i'm not really one that buys into apocolyptic conspiracies so i dont really know what to make of this

one question though, what is the signifigance of ww2 starting on one side of the street and ending on the other side? does the streets name have someting to do with the war or something? thats the only part that seemed kind of like a reach to me..

a lot of this stuff i read on the site i love reading, straight up, weather i believe it or not.. theres a lot of good reads on this site

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yet again, WHY METRIC?

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

... it is a female torso with a naval (fountain), paths (breasts), and vagina (pandoras box). Also the Capitol reflecting pool symbolizing birth perhaps? The two traffic circles represent ovaries linked directly to the fountain (naval).

Here we have a pregnant female owl with the birth water spilling out. The belly button is ontop of the belly, as seen from the angle of birth. (Or, alternatively, the 'belly-button' could be the heart or heart chakra) The "new born" sun (of this god) is seen to come out of the vaginal opening; because it's reflection would be viewed in the water as it rises from the east over the Capitol building.

Or not, either way it's fun to think about!

edit: I'm assuming that the blue area is water, if not then ignore my idea about the sun being born

edit again: The planet Venus (aka Lucifer) also rises in the East before the sun, and may be the true child of the Captiol Owl.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked the date of Dec 23 2007 mentioned on that webpage. The author said that there is a full moon under Venus, however despite there being a full moon, it is on the opposite side of the sky on that date. It is close to the Galactic Anti-Center, and passes very close to mars on that night.

The only way to have Venus have the moon at her feet is to view the solar system from above. (if you spin the image on the webpage 180deg) Like this:

Anyways, I had read that the 'great portent in the sky' of the woman giving birth in Revelations was about the constellation Virgo, which by the way has already happened, as quoted here:

www.goddesscolumbia.com... - The moment the sages of 1177 foresaw, just after the turn of the seventh millennium of the Hebrew calendar and the beginning of the third Christian millennium, the alignment of eclipse cycle and the sacred calendars, occurred on October 3/4th, 2005, and two days later, on October 5/6th, the great portent appeared in the sky. The sun in Virgo, from a sidereal perspective, falling on the Virgin’s robed shoulder, “clothed by the Sun,” a thin crescent moon on the cusp of Virgo/Libra, “with the Moon under her feet,” and “pregnant” with the conjunction of Mercury, Jupiter and the alpha star of Virgo, Spica, at the level of her womb. “Crowned with twelve stars,” suggests the return of the cusp of Virgo/Leo, ancient starting point of the zodiac, to the fall equinox. The Red Dragon can be seen as the Head of the Dragon marking the solar eclipse, waiting to eat the child, the Sun/Son, the moment it is born.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHY METRIC?" - The thread author and the website creator cannot pretend to know the mind of the designer of this Solar Calander. (if it does infact exist) He found some interesting numbers when he measured the distances, and some of the kilometers distances were familiar numbers. (these include: 5.184k = 1/5 Draco Cycle, 1.776k, 3.58k = 2.22m (G.W.'s birthday) and 358 in Gematria) He then used meters to mark decades and found an interesting link with the distance from the pyramid baseline to the center of the Washington Monument; 130meters = 13 years = 1789 = year Washington became president. Using his system of meters=decades, he found that the baseline to the fountain was 2.31 or 231 years (matching the 231 gematria). 1776 + 231 = 2007. He then realized that if 2007 is the end date on the calendar, there might be other dates marked along the path in addition to the one of G.Washington. (now did I really need to explain this all?)

No one can know if the metric "dates" were put in the DC-plan on purpose unless a document from that time surfaces telling us so. All we can do is decide for ourselves if the website author's system holds any water, so to speak. (remember the fountain at the top..)

Personally, if you want to know, I think its a cosmic-coincidence, one of those things that remind us of the holographic nature of the universe. Like the pilot episode of the Long Gunmen having a plane crashing into the WTC. Unlikely that the writers of the scirpt were made privy to the terrorists plans, but they did 'predict' future events; like the Washington Monument encoding the date he was made president, through this meter-conversion system.

For further reference:

1790 - France's Louis XVI authorized scientific investigations aimed at a reform of French weights and measures. These investigations led to the development of the first "metric" system.
1791 - L'Enfant's plan was presented to George Washington.
1791 - 1792 - Andrew Ellicott worked under the direction of three commissioners that President George Washington had appointed, surveying the boundaries of the future District of Columbia.
1795 - France officially adopted the metric system.
1814 - British forces burned the capital during the most notable raid of the War of 1812.
1866 - The use of the metric system made legal (but not mandatory) in the United States.
1888 - The Washington Monument opened.
1889 - As a result of the Metre Convention, the U.S. received a prototype meter and kilogram to be used as measurement standards.
1901 - The McMillan Commission used L'Enfant's plan as the cornerstone of its 1902 report, which laid out a plan for a sweeping National Mall.

[edit on 5/8/2007 by ViolatoR]

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR

Here we have a pregnant female owl with the birth water spilling out. The belly button is ontop of the belly, as seen from the angle of birth. (Or, alternatively, the 'belly-button' could be the heart or heart chakra) The "new born" sun (of this god) is seen to come out of the vaginal opening; because it's reflection would be viewed in the water as it rises from the east over the Capitol building.

edit: I'm assuming that the blue area is water, if not then ignore my idea about the sun being born

I noticed the owl as well. I used the GIS maps as a background in AutoCAD, and found that the measurements given are not exact. You do have to fudge it a little bit, so if anything it is just suggesting something and even that is imprecise.

The blue area in front of the capitol is in fact water - the captiol reflection pool. This is something else that may need investigation. Besides the diagonal streets and the streets running N-S-E-W, the mall actually runs to the W-SW at nearly a 1 degree angle. Why this is, I don't know. I am thinking that the alignment of the mall has to do with reference to the suns position with the alignment of the Washington Monument at a certain time of the day and year (think of a giant sundial). The W.M. figuratively is a phallic symbol which aligns with the female entry into the woman or the owl of the Capitol symbolizing conception, but only when the sun casts its shadow down the mall and the pinnacle leads to that fountain.

What time of the year and day needs to be determined.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
More information here. I found this site in my quest for looking into the Washington Monument being a marker or sundial. Think of the map room in the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Here is an image of the monument as a sundial. Notice the alignment between it and the White house is approximately 11:11. I am sure many of you are familiar with this number.

source: home.netcom.com...

<< 1  2    4 >>

join