It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want proof that objects don't exist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm talking about the theory that the Universe is willed to you and that you're just an inanimate object and that everything around you is not solid but appears to be solid.

Well I have a test, I am wearing contacts, and you can put a solid object, like an ipod, in front of something, and you'll still see the ipod and you'll see the object it's blocking.

This is because the object doesn't exist, it creates a glitch in perception, and changes the state of your perception of reality. What it does is it changes the state of your mind to make you believe that it is there, but you're seeing right through it.

I've tried this experiment before and it's like how you can see right through your thumb.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I take it that you have both eyes open. try closing one of them.
If it still works send me some of them lenses.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
That was funny. i use to do that when i was like 8. Put like my thumb in the way but i could still see behind it and i could see my thumb faintly. i thought i was special. Then i remembered thats why we have TWO eyes. Tell you wat keep both eyes open. Put a blindfold on. If you can still see then you deserve your own state.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Want a little proof that objects are solid?

Have a baby, more specifically a toddler. Toddlers are the most curious little things in the world! They can delve into the tiniest nooks and crannies imaginable, and wreak all sorts of havoc. As part of their discovery process, they will stick everything and anything into their little mouths.

I tussled with my 16-mo. old son last week prying out a very solid blue marble from his mouth. I assure you his teeth are very solid, too. That child can chomp down when he wants to!

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Want a little proof that objects are solid?

Have a baby, more specifically a toddler. Toddlers are the most curious little things in the world! They can delve into the tiniest nooks and crannies imaginable, and wreak all sorts of havoc. As part of their discovery process, they will stick everything and anything into their little mouths.

I tussled with my 16-mo. old son last week prying out a very solid blue marble from his mouth. I assure you his teeth are very solid, too. That child can chomp down when he wants to!

Dont I know it !

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have the real proof actually... Look at the nearest wall. Now imagine yourself walking through it. Now try it over and over until you do it! If you can't do it after the 600th attempt, try putting down the bong.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushroom Fields Forever
I have the real proof actually... Look at the nearest wall. Now imagine yourself walking through it. Now try it over and over until you do it! If you can't do it after the 600th attempt, try putting down the bong.

Are you telling us that you have walked through walls? Id like to see that. Im pretty open to any theories on matter. I by no means think scientists have it all figured out but im gonna need to see this walking through wall thing myself.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kokoro

Are you telling us that you have walked through walls? Id like to see that. Im pretty open to any theories on matter. I by no means think scientists have it all figured out but im gonna need to see this walking through wall thing myself.

I think you missed the point

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

theoretically, it is possible(i heard)... everything is made of molecules but, like 99% of it is air. So all that has to happen is they have to line up perfectly. isn't that the theory on that puck going through the hockey net? This is all stuff i heard from a physics teacher.

PS, I never put the bong down.... thats just un-natural!

"Put the blunt down just for a second, don't get me wrong, its not a new method." is cypress hill trying to explain how to walk through walls? lol

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yea, theoretically its possible that all the electrons that are inside you and the wall will be aligned in a way where they wouldn't repel and you could pass through the wall. But the odds are something ridiculous like it could have only happened a couple times in the whole history of the universe. I don't remember junior year physics too well, and no luck with google.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Its not a matter of your thumb being 'seen through'. It is one which, as already explained, has to do with focus.

There are other exampls. Any Intro to Psych class will show the 'disappearing rabbit' trick and the various blind spots.

Another fun focus trick that we all seem to learn early on in our lives is putting our pointer fingers in front of our faces pointing at one another. Cross your eyes and focus on the 'empty' area in between them. Bam: you made a hot dog finger thing.

Haha, just did it for old times sake. Childhood was so much fun.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The reason you even see things is because they reflect the electomagnetic waves given off by light sources. Your eye intereprets these electomagnetic waves by their wavelength and frequency. The reason that particular wavelength is reflected is because of the atoms that make up the object are vibrating at the same frequency. Oddly Atoms are mostly air. The nucleus of each atom is quite tiny and the elecrons are revolving around the atom in a random cloud. The speed of the electons and the magnetic fields that they create make up solid matter. The reason that we dont just fall through the ground or assimilate with the matter when we contact it is because of the magnetic repulsion the atoms and its electrons create. So we never actually touch something we hover just above the surface but the magnetic repulsion between our hand and the object prevents us from touching it. Therefore the feeling of texture, hardness and heat are only electromagnetic singatures and vibrations. We can only percieve things that vibrate with visible, auditory or mass energies. Everything is a wave.

If you want to see something disappear, you should come work with my graduate team in the physics department. We are currently working on bending light fields around objects in order to "cloak" them. By applying large currents to certain objects one can produce an effect that makes non-magnetic objects behave as magnets. Then using other strong electomagnets and lenses to bend light waves, you can produce mirror effects and other effects that will trick your eye into thiking something is no longer there. You can read an article in popular science about this I think it was the dcember 2006 edition. Although we havent truly achieved this effect, we have achieved very interesting data about magnetic field focusing, which has tremendous potential if it is harnessed.

To me it sounds like you have watched "what the bleep do we know" one to many times or something. Until your mind develops the ability to vibrate objects at thier destructive frequency you will not be able to break the molecular bonds holding it together, thus dispersing the atoms.

"Matter can neither be created nor destroyed"

You can, however do enough mushrooms to see your I-pod change into a white lilly.

The thought remains: We can only percieve information that is indirect and second-hand at best. So don't believe everything you see or hear.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
You can, however do enough mushrooms to see your I-pod change into a white lilly.

I doubt that could ever happen unless you ate your body weight or something, and at that point you wouldn't even know what an ipod is anymore. If I'm wrong, hook it up.
Personally, all I would see is an ipod and I would stop looking at it and start listening to it because thats one of the best things you can do.
Maybe salvia or dmt could make you see craziness like that but I haven't tried either so I won't make assumptions

new topics

top topics

join