It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't the illinois Triangle UFO case proof enough?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Just found this one, can't believe I never heard of this one before.

Some links on it: Link1 Link2

In January of 2000 a UFO was spotted by multiple officers from different cities and one other home owner in Illinois.

This case alone represents the best possible proof of UFO existence. How can anyone deny this is proof?

Maybe it is one of ours, but hey it's almost irrefutable evidence.

Anyone care to comment on this?

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Stockburn]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I remember that and many other beyond proof examples of at the least antigravity black ops...if not extraterrestial
The media does not give it legitament press and they will not.
you should not be surprised.
even those that believe like you and me have no idea how to increase the release of information or the proper response to ovbious evidence.
Peace be with you, Live Long and Prosper

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If you want ufo information released a civilian needs to build a vehicle that involves gravity distortion, so the government can claim the rights to it and say they've had it for a long time.

If the civilian team/person who can build it showed everyone on the internet how to make one, the technology would be made public.

It wouldn't even have to be a full fledged 'space craft', just a working idea that is easily replicated.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Proof enough for what?

There are many things in this world that remain unexplained. Mysteries both ancient and modern, that we have no answer to. People may have their opinions, but there remains no clear definitive answer.

If we presume for a second that extraterrestrials are not only real, but have visited, or are visiting us right now, what are we to do with the information? Do you really think mankind is ready to know such a thing? Look around The World, observe how we treat each another. Violence, exploitation, and death abounds, and this is perpetrated by our own against our own. Are we really ready as a people, to visitors from elsewhere?

I think until they come and land on the White House lawn, or in Trafalgar Square, we as a race are bound to live in denial. Look at some quotes by people who have been in power, or people we have held to be our most shining examples of intellect:

"In my mind, there is no question that they're out there. My Career is well established. My texts books are required reading in all the major capitals on planet earth. If you want to become a physicist to learn about the unified field theory-you read my books. Therefore, I'm in a position to say: Yes- Most likely they're out their, perhaps even visited, perhaps on our moon."
--Professor Michio Kaku

"The phenomenon of UFOs does exist, and it must be treated seriously."
--Mikhail Gorbachev

"Of course it is possible that UFOs really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the Government is hushing it up."
--Professor Stephen Hawking

"I'm not at liberty to discuss the governments knowledge of extraterrestrial UFOs at this time. I am still personally being briefed on the subject!"
--President Richard M. Nixon

"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist. In the vastness of the Universe we are not alone."
--Albert Einstein

Source.

Yet people still laugh.

The case you cite is indeed a good one, but there are many more, and still the general feeling of skepticism persists.

In my opinion, it will take something monumental to change this, and I'm not sure we're ready for that yet.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I tpp have read about the Illinois triangle sighting of Jan 2000, and after seeing the picture below, I realized I had possibly seen the same thing. This is the first time I have found something that seems to match what I saw in the summer of 2003 in Texas.

(Video Frame from "The Edge of Reality: Illinois UFO, January 5, 2000")

This time the lights were observed to be at the rear of the undersurface.

As witnessed by Officer Martin of the Shiloh, Illinois Police Department

The wife and I were asleep on a weekend night. We had the doors to the house open. I awoke around 3am, got up and stepped outside. I looked up to check out the stars. The sky is very dark out here and the night sky view is really nice. The spot where I was standing is flanked by two post oak trees. As I looked up (almost straight above), I saw a line of three white round spots of light pass over. They looked like round frosted lights. What I am trying to relate is that they were not bright or pin points or beams. More like circles of white color. They definitely stood out against the night sky. It didn't seem really high in altitude but I really can't say what the height was. When I first saw the lights they were near the edge of a tree so that I only saw them for a couple of seconds. I moved trying to pick then up on the other side but couldn't see them. There are other trees in that direction.The picture reminds me of what it looked like except they were not beams shining down toward
the ground. Just three round white lights on the underside of something very dark, passing silently overhead.

I believe the Illinois sighting was real. I give it a 80/20 gov vs ET craft.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
This Illinois case is very convincing to me, because of the preexisting credibility of the witnesses involved.

Police depts., fire depts., airlines, military depts. (at least the white world ones), and really any agency that dispenses positions of great responsibility to people, are not going to be hiring or maintaining the employment of the so called "crackpot" or "loony" or persons suceptible to fits of hysteria, hallucinations, grandious delusions or fits of uncontrollable imagination to those positions.

Not to say that a couple here and there dont slip through from time to time but those persons are a very tiny majority of any given workforce and are usually ferreted out after time.

Now just any Joe Blow off the street, yeah, I'm going to being Mr. Skeptical with witness testimony like that until I can verify that persons credibilty and of course that level of credibility will vary for each individiual person attempting to ascertain it. But even saying that there should be an average or consensus we could extrapolate of what should and shouldnt be accepted as credible.

I believe the cops in this case saw something utterly amazing, and no, that doesnt make what they saw automatically alien in nature. It is possible, for sure, but the odds at this point are against alien tech. simply because we have absolutely 0% proof (and I'm not talking about the odds of its existence here, we all know they are very high - odds and proof are two different things) that aliens are here let alone flying craft in our skies. Its possible, but not proven yet.

Yeah, 80/20 to 90/10 Earthly tech vs. Alien tech. is a safe range to go with, at least until something very convincing comes along to sway it one way or the other....

Although this and many many cases like this do not prove that "UFOS Exist". Of course the do, people are seeing weird crap they cant explain in the sky all of the time all over the world.

I think you probably mean "prove what UFOS are" which this doesnt either. All this case "proves" is that based on the witness credibility these men more likely DID than did not see something in the sky while on patrol that has no concrete explantion. We can SPECULATE based on their reports what it MIGHT be, but thats all. We simply do not know, but I'd be willing to bet that someone does, somewhere
There is a distinct difference.

Nice find though, I love reading about this case.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by Lost_Mind]

niv

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If you are in the US, there is a decent hour show on this case that is routinely run on one of the cable channels (don't recall if on Discovery, National Geographics or the History Channel).

This is a stronge case and a careful reading of the evidence points to only two conclusions: that the object was extraterrestrial or secret government craft. The fact that there was a black triangle in the sky is a given.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Some of us who have seen a UFO do not need to deny anything or be handed a proof. No matter what 'the other half' says. Better see once than be told million times, right. so wish everyone to see it with your own eyes.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by BitDust]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitDust
Some of us who have seen a UFO do not need to deny anything or be handed a proof. No matter what 'the other half' says. Better see once than be told million times, right. so wish everyone to see it with your own eyes.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by BitDust]

I do agree with you on this point, 110%. But we really do need to get away from the "other half" type of way of regarding each other. I would be willing to bet that we are all, for the most part, on the same page with a good chunk of this stuff.

Aside from some, if not most, of us not having seen anything or experienced anything unusual in the skies, we arent that different are we?

Certainly not different enough to be regarded as a "half" of anything. If not having experienced anything is our only blatant difference then its not much of a difference. Same goes for those who HAVE experienced an unusual event. I think that most of the differences we observe in each other are imaginary anyway.

I havent but it doesnt make it any less of a real event for me.

Just a personal observation, not criticism.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Proof enough is a UFO landing on the White House lawn covered by CNN, ABC, NBC and Fox News.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Also saw that show...multiple police officers from different areas reported something very similar. Large, quiet, and moved for some very fast at times. Floated like a blimp, took off like a fighter. Something bizarre must have been in the air that night.
Could it have been a advanced technology that our government is working on, of course. Although past history of black projects like stelth seemed to be protected with amazing thought.
I just can't imagine in my wildest dreams for any reason they would fly that thing for all to get a good lookie at. Opps, it went down south of the interstate on the Town Hall....Millions of acres out West to play from any eyes, maybe. Not a stones throw from St. Louie.
Been going back and forth on the alien thing, but this one is a hard one to dismiss.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
Proof enough is a UFO landing on the White House lawn covered by CNN, ABC, NBC and Fox News.

I do see what Stockman is saying, though. Pretty darned good pics--not yer average light in the sky. (I'm thinking they are SO good they gotta be ours! Illogical, I know.) As to why they don't land on the lawn, Friedman addresses this here. (Gotta click on the "why questions" at the top of the page.) But I still agree with you. Quit MESSING with us and just land the g.d. thing! Sheesh!!

niv

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lyingunderoath
I just can't imagine in my wildest dreams for any reason they would fly that thing for all to get a good lookie at. Opps, it went down south of the interstate on the Town Hall....Millions of acres out West to play from any eyes, maybe. Not a stones throw from St. Louie.
Been going back and forth on the alien thing, but this one is a hard one to dismiss.

The argument for the government craft I find somewhat compelling because of the proximity of Scott Air base in nearby Rantoul. It isn't a base known for working on black projects but it is a nearby military air base. The only other serious alternative, it seems to me, is extraterrestrial which I also see as a strong possibility.

I found the witnesses credible and find it hard to believe that they were hoaxing, or were poor observers. Many of them saw the craft clearly, so I don't think they were mistakenly seeing swamp gas or Jupiter or whatever.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by niv

Originally posted by lyingunderoath

The argument for the government craft I find somewhat compelling because of the proximity of Scott Air base in nearby Rantoul. It isn't a base known for working on black projects but it is a nearby military air base.

I'm sorry to inform you, but Rantouls base is no longer active.
I live in Rantoul, and here's how the base is set up now.

The south side of the base, is used mainly for busineses such as Cingular (they have a huge building there), a few family services type deals, and daycares.
The east side of the base has the warehouses, north side of the base, and central base has apartments, and houses, where ANYONE is now allowed to live, and the westside of the base is used for JROTC, Lincolns Challenege, and a Juvenile hall like program, along with the citys pool.

There are no longer any working aircraft there, and all aircraft hangers have been converted into warehouses for the now exsisting factories, and businesses.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Also, someone else, a few months back had mentioned that Rantouls base now had a tall fence, and was going to be used as a concentration camp.

That's completely untrue.
There is no fence around the base whatsoever, and anyone who uses route 45 can see that for themselfs.
However, as far as it being used as a concentration camp.. it COULD be possible.
It is large enough that one could easily hold 15,000 throughout the enitre base area.

niv

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelMyers
I'm sorry to inform you, but Rantouls base is no longer active.

Was this true in 2000 when the UFO was sighted?

Sorry to hear about the base closing - those are usually hard on the surrounding communities.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
i grew up in st.louis and around 1994 or 95, i saw a black triangle similar to what these people saw hovering in the sky directly above me as i walked my dog, my dad and sister saw it to when i told them about it when i got back home. but i distinctly recall the lights not being so bright, it was almost invisible, you had to know it was there. but i do remember at least 3 red lights, small, like an airplane, on the bottom, which is what led me to look at it in the first place. just like the officer said, they faded extremely slowly in and out. there was also no sound from it at all. being so long ago, i dont remember it being nearly as big as they say, but i am not a good judge of height so its possible it was that big and higher than i thought. i couldnt get a glimpse of any dimension to it, but i swear to god the thing was following me. my dad took one of my sisters friends home that night and said it was moving very strangely. we lived in a very populated suburb of st.louis and i am surprised no one else saw it, as far as i know. i am totally convinced what i saw was some government project, and chalked it up to McDonnell-Douglas (now Boeing) being headquartered there. whatever i saw, it was easily the oddest thing ive ever experienced. but this illinois sighting being in such close proximity to st.louis has me wondering if something isn't going on somewhere around there. i doubt it would be at Scott AFB, but then again who really knows. something is out there, and its been out there for at least 10 years. as an aspiring journalist (albeit photojournalist) i am very intrigued by all this and would love to know whats going on, but then again wouldnt we all.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
wait i just re-read the previous posts again, are you telling me Scott AFB is no longer active??? geez i have been out of the loop since i left St.Louis in 2000....

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Black triangles as big as a football field are seen since about 1990, but why assume it is extraterrestrial before human made? Technology didn't stop when the first airplane was made one hundred years ago. Anyway, i think the people who work(ed) on such crafts (like the stealth bomber) can't get a better proof that they do a good job when it is called alien technology. But that's my opinion, i'm not saying there is no probability of ET visiting us.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Was this true in 2000 when the UFO was sighted?

I'm not sure of actual date and time, but Rantouls base has been closed since the early 90's that I know of, and possibly even late 80's.
I moved here to Rantoul in 93', and don't remember there being anything left on base, aside from housing projects, and later to follow, businesses.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join