It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ninjutsu

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Ninjutsu the art of Assassination and concealment
This is an Ancient and Honourable which requires a lot of training.
I have a few stories from training and if anyone has any to add fell welcome to do so.

One of my favorite exercises is gathering fourteen throwing knives and matereals necessary for traping andtwo containers of powered fish bones and vegetables which supply the necessary vitamins and minerals. however you are premitted to trap an cirtan amount of animals with a hunting licence so you may end up eating differently, you enter the woods with your equipment and a change of clothes and you stay there for a week and see how you fare depending on your results you will see where you need to train more.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i read and practiced from several books of the subject with 5 of my friends back in the 80s . did it make me a ninja no but it did teach me how
to move silently and unseen. it did teach me how to scale a house using common everyday crap lying around a yard. but combat skills no.
the one book i remeber well was written by frank duks a former kumite
champion.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ninjutsu is an art that I always wanted to study. I currently train with mixed martial arts. I am trying to continue to get better at all major styles of fighting. Ninjutsu would be a great thing to study for survival situations. If anyone has any good books off the top of their head for me to check out, please let me know.

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azuron
Ninjutsu the art of Assassination and concealment
This is an Ancient and Honourable

Um… you do know that ninjas were not considered honorable, just like today’s assassins they were condemned by almost everyone.
There is nothing honorable about sneaking into someone house and slitting their throat.

That being said, I did train for six months in ninjitsu when I was 12. I quite after I fell off those balance piller things ( I can’t remember what they are called anymore), I broke my leg and decided to pursue other interests after that.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That being said, I did train for six months in ninjitsu when I was 12. I quite after I fell off those balance piller things ( I can’t remember what they are called anymore), I broke my leg and decided to pursue other interests after that.

i doubt this was traditional Ninjutsu
anyway i've been training Bujinkan Ninpo Taijutsu or Ninjutsu or Budo Taijutsu for more than 17years now, if you guys have any questions regarding ninjutsu i'll be gladly to answer them

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i read and practiced from several books of the subject with 5 of my friends back in the 80s . did it make me a ninja no but it did teach me how
to move silently and unseen. it did teach me how to scale a house using common everyday crap lying around a yard. but combat skills no.
the one book i remeber well was written by frank duks a former kumite
champion.

Sorry for what might seem a put down, but this is the kind of post that is IMO, resulting in the 'dumbing down' of ATS.

The user typically can not use the caps lock key and can not form a proper English sentence.

The operative information bit is misspelled and the information is in error.

(It's Frank Dux, and he's been widely accepted as a fraud).

en.wikipedia.org...

PLEASE, please, spell check, grammar check and fact check your posts people!

Thanks!

No slam on the poster. This is just one example of something that is becoming endemic on ATS.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Of course not, i bet the books you've read are by that other fraud called Ashida Kim
but please know that all books on the subject are pure help material for people who train under the guidance of a real teacher , you'll never get to learn the real deal only through reading books and imitating the pictures in it.

and also know that the schools that offer ninjutsu training today, being Bujinkan , Genbukan and Jinenkan not train the art moving slowly but rather focus on the ways of becoming a better person through the use of bujutsu.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk
[Um… you do know that ninjas were not considered honorable, just like today’s assassins they were condemned by almost everyone.

As much as i would like to disagree with you i have to say you have a point, as much as i see it as a "honerable" art it can be called dishonerable as well, it depends what aspects you look at. however i am happy that people finally comented on my post, as for book try a library, that's where I found alot of the books I studied, i also have a few relitives in B.C. thet have also been studying Martial Arts, some of which relate back to Ninjutsu, I also know of a good few sites where you can order books and equipment. i'll have to post it later because i dont have it on the school computers.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Real Ninjutsu not Bujinkan

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In all humbleness, I believe that sitting infront of a computer in 2012 discussing Ninjutsu is like trying to describe the sky to a blind man.
clouds, sunsets, rainbows, nightskies, the moon, the sun and the stars.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Time changes there are Security Cameras now. One must get through Camera and automated turrets if you want to be stealth.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I would really consider Jeet Kune Do over Ninjutsu.

Only because it incorporates the best aspects of Ninjutsu.

The difference is in a 1 on 1 fight, you will resolve to use the tactics you've acquired from your art.
JKD is beyond an art, it's a science, a philosophy, way of life, it can cut right through your art as every move you make is easily rendered useless with a slight move and counter. My defence is offence. My offence is defence. You can't hit me because the moment you try I counter .000005 microseconds before.
Your fist could be mid-motion at my face but it doesn't make any difference.

Jeet Kune Do is the ultimate fighting style, because it has no style.
There is no set of actions one can take.
There is an infinite amount of counters in the moment, which you provide with your attack.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

The difference is in a 1 on 1 fight, you will resolve to use the tactics you've acquired from your art.
JKD is beyond an art, it's a science, a philosophy, way of life, it can cut right through your art as every move you make is easily rendered useless with a slight move and counter. My defence is offence. My offence is defence. You can't hit me because the moment you try I counter .000005 microseconds before.

There is an infinite amount of counters in the moment, which you provide with your attack.

Sounds like the movie trailer of Enter the Dragon.....

(and it's "offense" and "defense")

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The term Ninja is a very grey area. In the Bujinkan system the majority of the schools stem from samurai and foot soldiers. Most of the the physical techniques are in fact ancient jujutsu and koppojutsu systems. The ninja like idea in the western point of view comes from the esoteric yamabushi warrior monks. Daisuke Nishina the founder of the Togakure ryu system was taught by the yamabushi. Ninja techniques were more of a system of strategy and mysticism rather than physical techniques. There are some hit and run type techniques but the majority is simply ancient budo as it stands today.

History decided which clans were ninja based on the differing strategies to that of the ruling samurai class, they were often poorer and did what they could to survive rather than adhering to the strict samurai code. Most did not use the name ninja for themselves.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kagerusan

what is the angle and pressure required engage nerve miridian temple strike?

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by kagerusan

what is the angle and pressure required engage nerve miridian temple strike?

45 Degrees @ 15psi

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Sounds like the movie trailer of Enter the Dragon.....

(and it's "offense" and "defense")

Spell check..but you get the point.

Bruce Lee was the one who introduced us to it.
I wouldn't mention it if it didn't work.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

You can't hit me because the moment you try I counter .000005 microseconds before.

Spoken like someone who's never been in a streetfight
I'm sure my real world experience pales in comparison to the numerous fights you've had in your head... I hope you get into a fight early in life and get punched in the face, not so you get injured but so you will be forced to face reality and humble your ego. Then I hope you understand that what you watch in the movies isn't real, Professional boxers get hit in the face, MMA fighters get hit in the face...these are people that are the best at what they do in the world and THEY get hit.

I used to think like you when I was 12, I had taken TKD for a few years and sparred alot, won a few tournaments...my martial arts skills were unparalleled...I was a certified badass (Never been in a real fist fight) Long story short in 8th grade my ego and I met a wrestler, some unkind words were exchanged, I take a fighting stance , he shoots in for a double and promptly folded me up
later on that year I started taking Judo & boxing...lol

At the end of the day, you're not invincible man...try boxing, feel what it's like to get hit HARD, go roll with some high level BJJ Guys, I can't reccomend Judo highly enough.... you have to train with people better than you in order to become better yourself.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

You can't hit me because the moment you try I counter .000005 microseconds before.

Spoken like someone who's never been in a streetfight
I'm sure my real world experience pales in comparison to the numerous fights you've had in your head... I hope you get into a fight early in life and get punched in the face, not so you get injured but so you will be forced to face reality and humble your ego. Then I hope you understand that what you watch in the movies isn't real, Professional boxers get hit in the face, MMA fighters get hit in the face...these are people that are the best at what they do in the world and THEY get hit.

I used to think like you when I was 12, I had taken TKD for a few years and sparred alot, won a few tournaments...my martial arts skills were unparalleled...I was a certified badass (Never been in a real fist fight) Long story short in 8th grade my ego and I met a wrestler, some unkind words were exchanged, I take a fighting stance , he shoots in for a double and promptly folded me up
later on that year I started taking Judo & boxing...lol

At the end of the day, you're not invincible man...try boxing, feel what it's like to get hit HARD, go roll with some high level BJJ Guys, I can't reccomend Judo highly enough.... you have to train with people better than you in order to become better yourself.

Why do you feel the need to talk down to people that you don't know?
This is like going to any of the combat veterans around here and saying you don't know anything about shooting a gun.
I study Martial Arts and practice extensively. I train to fight anyone from a common criminal to 5 star General.
I didn't learn any of this on the first go, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either.
I'm simply saying, beyond movies, beyond what other culture crap you people have latched onto, pure fighting is a science. I made no reference to any movies beyond JKD, which isn't some bogus movie style.
Why would you spend your time learning one art when JKD encompasses the best of them all?
There is really no technique you could use that doesn't have a counter ready for it...

Why would I roll with the BJJ guys when I can bypass their greatest techniques before I ever come close to the ground? Sure it's good to have that as a contingency but it's not a primary focus.
Or let the Judo guys get close enough to toss me? I can keep them within range, and if they enter it, the timing is set for me to use their best technique against them.

You don't seem to realize that I never have to make an offensive move to attack you.
You come to me when I want you to.

I'm not just some kid on the internet dammit.

I have been hit hard. Plenty of times, everything from a fist to a car.

Seriously though, TKD, BJJ, Judo, they will get you no where fast against someone who treats them as basic.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Seriously though, TKD, BJJ, Judo, they will get you no where fast against someone who treats them as basic.

I am a professional mixed martial artists and boxer, i can tell you that judo and bjj are not just some basic art. You clearly have no idea what your talking about. I have never encountered a ninjutsu person in 10 years that can do anything against a serious boxer with some wrestling and bjjj skills.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join