It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hadron Collider Documentary - BBC 2 (UK) 9pm tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just a heads up. I know this project has been discussed on here in the past so now we might get some proper information on it. Should be worth a watch as i heard about it over a year ago but haven't heard whether it worked or not.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I heard this one should be very interesting but i sadly missed it to watch BSG instead, any idea when its next repeated?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
For those who are going
here is a link to their website.

Looking forward to hearing about the report, 50/50

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Horizon
Journey

I watched this tv show tonite and was kinda amazed there going to let them do this experiment trying to recreate the big bang they said if it went wrong it could create a possible black hole and it may even swollow the whole earth. I find it scary that people like this are allowed to put our lives at risk all in the name of scien.ce

[edit on 02/014/200 by SE7EN]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The risk is so small that it seems worth it, remember there are high energy/speed cosmic radiation hitting stuff all the time so maybe nothing big is likely to happen, also i suspect theres other life in the universe has tried tests similar and bigger to this, interesting stuff.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Thats small it takes out a city block or the earth your kidding me I think some things should be left alone just think what else the money spent on building that thing could have been spent on aswell.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ahh. The Bottomless Pit, eh? Created in a lab on the outskirts of Geneva. Who'da thunk it?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Thats small it takes out a city block or the earth your kidding me I think some things should be left alone just think what else the money spent on building that thing could have been spent on aswell.

yeah, we could've bought more bombs with that money

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I was quite disappointed to see that it hasnt actually been carried out yet. It could mean a huge leap in our understanding though... it should be interesting.

Maybe they will carry the experiment at about decemberish in 2012 eh? lol

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN

You mean like funding more military 'operations', quangos and other pointless crap that governments waste OUR money on?

We are on this planet to grow as individuals and as a species.

I find views such as that expressed above similar to the nonsense of the Catholic Church when it came to other scientific discoveries (for example, in astronomy & evolution).

If 'we' (as a collective) can't spend some of the money we generate on this type of project, we don't deserve to exist.

p.

[edit on 4-5-2007 by phoenix103]

top topics

join