It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. Airline Passenger Breaks Ruless...Snaps Photo of UFO With Cellphone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here is the latest on the U.K. commercial pilot's sighting of 2 large UFOs off the British coast:

Airline Passenger Breaks Rules....Snaps Photos of UFO With Cellphone?:

U.K. Airline Passenger's Photo of UFO?
www5.channelonline.tv...

Related News:
'Mile Wide' UFO Sighted Off British Coast
www5.channelonline.tv...

Commercial pilot spots two large UFOs over Guernsey, England - April 23, 2007

from BBC News:

GUERNSEY - Monday, April 23, 2007

A commercial airlines pilot reported seeing two large unidentified flying objects in the sky near Guernsey, England. The bright yellow flat disc shapes estimated to be twice the size of a Boeing 737 were spotted on Monday, April 23, 12 to 15 miles north of the island:

Pilot spots large UFOs over Guernsey, England
news.bbc.co.uk...

Also see:

Pilot's UFO Shock: Sighting being investigated by the Ministry of Defense
www.thisisguernsey.com...

---
www.myspace.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I always wondered why mobile phones need to be turned off for the duration of a flight.

Any pilots out there? Do they REALLY affect the plane's controls that much when they are on?

I don't know, I have no technical qualifications. I'm just speculating if there are other reasons why they would want mobiles switched off during flight? As far as I remember, digital cameras are allowed to be used, right? I've snapped plenty of in-flight pictures in the past using a digital camera.

Interesting picture. I wonder if it can be proven one way or another. Seems like it might be a cloud, but I'm no photographic expert!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I used to be into amateur radi... eh, I bought a police scanner and used to listen in on peoples cell phone conversation, happy (I was 12)?
Anyway, I believe certain electronic apparatuses cause what's known as radio 'birdies', where it sends out a random radio signal that can interfere with short distance radio transmissions, so I'd say that's the reason why.

As for turning off cell phones in hospital environments, that's actually just a modern myth that todays completely disregarded. The more you know ***

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
I always wondered why mobile phones need to be turned off for the duration of a flight.

Any pilots out there? Do they REALLY affect the plane's controls that much when they are on?

I don't know, I have no technical qualifications. I'm just speculating if there are other reasons why they would want mobiles switched off during flight? As far as I remember, digital cameras are allowed to be used, right? I've snapped plenty of in-flight pictures in the past using a digital camera.

Interesting picture. I wonder if it can be proven one way or another. Seems like it might be a cloud, but I'm no photographic expert!

[edit on 01/29/2007 by Norio Hayakawa]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Interesting comment.
It's really difficult to say whether it was a cloud or not because the white shape seems to be slightly above the cloud formation.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That photo supposedly taken by a passenger was almost certainly fraudulent. See the original thread on the subject.

[edit on 30/4/07 by Grimnebulin]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
That first link is a great picture of a lenticular cloud. Not every day you see clouds like that...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It is possible that a cell phone can interfere with the plane but is really unlikely. Its just better to stay safe and not use them. I think it would be a hassle for the airlines to have to test every cell phone model that comes out and decide which are safe. Plus, do you really want the fat, smelly, annoying guy next to you yapping away on his cell? It's too much man!

I've actually heard some claim that most cell phones simply won't work at that high of an altitude, so I'm not sure.

If I saw a UFO out of the window on a plane I'm on, I'd get out my cell to take a picture too!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Dunno?, I don't believe everyday photos or vids, but tend to look at similarities through time as a reason to consider such as possibly real.

Seems to me these days you can't always believe what you see on Utube, elsewhere. It's apparently so easy for hoaxers to hoax. The answers are in the past through film and such cases as B&B Hill. Being a Blk/Wht Couple of the fifties, it must have been super-difficult to come forward re their abduction and the disclosure afterwards?

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Franz von Humboldt]

````````````````````
fixed vid

[edit on 1/5/07 by masqua]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I do not have technical information here but I do know allittle about how mobile phones work.

Anyway, mobile phones seek until they find a signal. They do this from low power and then gradually get a higher power and higher frequiencies till they lock onto a cell phone tower.

Now the average Mobile phone puts out something like 1 watt of EM when at full power, and when you have many mobiles in an aircraft seeking they can quiet easily interfere with avionics / electronics. I have an example of this on another forum, however that forum is down. I will post it as soon as possible.

Anyway, some airlines install a errr, mini- radio tower into a plane which allows the Cell phones to lock onto it when using very low power, this may not let the mobiles work, but it still helps minimise the risk of mobiles interfering with the electronics.

The reason why Cameras are allowed is quiet obvious; they do not purposely send strong signals, nor do they seek.

As for the picture, it just looks slightly like overexposure due to sunlight reflecting off another plane in aaa....... Holding pattern? Parralel runway landing? I don't know.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by PisTonZOR]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Mythbusters tested the cellphone thing on one episode, and while they couldn't test in the air, they did get to test on the ground inside a working plane.. Their conclusion was no, cellphones don't interfere, but in the case of planes, it's better to be safe than sorry, since there are so many new phones and new technologies coming out constantly, and that was the reasoning behind the ban.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Norio Hayakawa
Commercial pilot spots two large UFOs over Guernsey, England - April 23, 2007

Tut tut, Guernsey is not part of England! We're not even part of the UK! That's like saying "UFO spotted in Scotland (which is part of England btw)".

lol j/k, but yeah it's not part of England, it's about 100 miles away. If you were seeking other coast sightings of this UFO it would be better to ask the French since they are only like 20 miles away from Guernsey.

The picture associated with this thread has been busted in another thread anyway. It was created from a random picture of some cliffs and posted on another forum, without endorsement of the pilot or anyone.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I read somewhere (Yeah, one of those weasel statements) that it is the cell phone companies that do not want you using cell phones in flight. You actually get a good signal in a plane. The problem is that the towers have a hard time tracking you because you are moving from cell to cell so fast. If they can't track you, they can't bill you. Cell phone companies like to be able to bill you. Besides, think of all the radio/em signals floating around in the air. If a cell phone had the capability to bring down a plane, why would the military still be developing missles technology? Seems to me they could develop some sort of cell phone/em ray gun.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If cell phones had the capability to take down aircraft by just being used...wouldn't that have taken down Flight 93? Or wait, maybe it did...or not?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimnebulin
That photo supposedly taken by a passenger was almost certainly fraudulent. See the original thread on the subject.

[edit on 30/4/07 by Grimnebulin]

HA, this thread has been busted! Well done, Grimnebulin! Fake picture! Fake picture!! Okay, I feel better now that I got that out.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
wasn't there a discussion a while back about including the word *HOAX* in thread titles once the subject has been proven as such?

It might make things a little clearer for members who don't have time dig through all the old threads?

OP.. would you mind changing it?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I beg to differ with your opinion of why.

I watched a tv program called "myth busters" which tested this theory.

The results were, for the most part there was little to no interferance,

HOWEVER!!!

There were certain cell phones which DID cause a great deal of interference with flight controls.

Just my 2 cents worth.

CX

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
After looking at that first pic, i'd recommend people go into Google, type in "Lenticular clouds" and press image search.

Not saying that explains away everything on this thread, but certainly would come close to that first pic.

CX.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join