It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

race and hair color?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One of my co workers asked me a question and it has been making me wonder. I was asked if any races other that the white race is born with different color hair, example being caucasians are born with red, blonde, black, etc hair. are other races born with different hair colors?

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would say so....I grew up in South America, and even though they are "latin" there were blonds, redheads etc. A lot of blue eyes also (though they probably came from German and Spanish that migrated there) There are the Ainu on the tip of Hokaido I believe, who absolutly DO NOT look Oriental, but yet are considered Japanese. I am sure there are many other races that have different (or the same as Caucasian in the case ) hair and eye color, but then that would lead to another question.
Since genetics dictates hair color eye color skin etc does this mean that "somewhere" along the line these races had interaction with other cultures OR other species? Or are they just a naturally occuring mutation due to enviroment radiation?
Have a funny day

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It is all due to genes, this is also why skin color is lighter/darker, and hair (say on your arms or legs) is thicker/less dense. It all has to do with what part of the world you originated in. African people have very dark skin because of the sun, while people up north (Scotland/Russian) have lighter skin, because it is a colder environment. It all has to do with your parents, though, if you have an Irish dad, Hispanic mom, you could have blonde/black/redhead - all has to do with your genes and parents.

-wD

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I have also seen many Asian people with natural auborn hair. I believe they are Mandarin Chinese.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by William One Sac]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I agree, however that still does not explain the Ainu.

They DO NOT look oriental, are tall, have copious amounts of hair etc etc.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
i don't even know who the ainu are. who are the native australians...i can't remember the name for them, i have seen them with red hair and a very dark complextion.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ainu are Japanese and you are thinking of the Aborigines of Australia, forgot about them .

top topics

join