It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Avoid Using TXT Shorthand On ATS (UPDATED)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
With youth you also get a perspective and fresh approach to ideas. One of the problems as you age is the loss of that flexability. Just because someone look at and takes on a problem from a different angle should not be lumped in as less intelligent

[edit on 5/3/07 by FredT]

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea!

Next can we come up with some rules for YOU-Tube?

There is nothing worse than looking at a new post that goes something like this....

HAHAHAHAHA! Look at this video on YOU-Tube! Isn't it amazing?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Questionable Credentials

Originally posted by IAF101
I have NEVER seen ANY young person contribute ANYTHING of value to me here on ATS, EVER. Most are wikipedia read and google taught. THAT is NOT intelligence.

And this is?

I'm not seeing anything intelligent whatsoever about this line of commentary, so I hope you can appreciate the irony.

Frankly, I dont crave or even care about your appreciation.

My statement is just that a 'statement', if you dont get it, you might try some introspection.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A Lack Of Appreciation

Frankly, I dont crave or even care about your appreciation.

Actually, and as I said in as many words, I hope you can appreciate the irony.

That has nothing to do with my appreciation for you.

A Time For Introspection

My statement is just that a 'statement', if you dont get it, you might try some introspection.

I "get it", but you apparently don't get what I'm saying, so I'll break it down for you.

You're entitled to your opinions, no problems there.

You are not entitled to hurl blanket insults at other members, particularly since doing so is off-topic for this thread.

ATS welcomes anyone who is willing to honor the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use, regardless of age.

If you have a problem with that, then go away.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I have NEVER seen ANY young person contribute ANYTHING of value to me here on ATS, EVER. Most are wikipedia read and google taught. THAT is NOT intelligence.

Intelligence doesn't have a "source", it has an inspiration.

And, INTELLIGENCE is not about having a CLOSED MIND.

All contributors are welcome and we are never concerned with age, nor will we be. We're concerned with civility, decorum, and respect... all of which you seem to be lacking with regard to your current subject of choice.

That being said, this thread should return to the issue of limiting TXT shorthand in posts.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I am just curious.....Are there really that many threads that are riddled with textspeak? I mean how many do you mods come across a day..I dont see any but then again..I dont really look for things like that...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Sceptic?

May I have your permission to post a link to one of my threads as it does pertain to this thread?

My thread: Written language becoming the way of the dinosaurs?

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
I am just curious.....Are there really that many threads that are riddled with textspeak?

Yes, enough to need a rule like this.

Lets just hope people listen to it.

posted on May, 22 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm one of those people who actually took shorthand classes, so I wonder if people who took shorthand tend to type in a shorthand kind of way, since we have a habit of taking shortcuts!? Something to think about!

<< 4  5  6   >>

join