It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the world will end...EBEs, Govt Conspiracy, UFOS explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
www.nasa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

The two links above explain my topic-extinction of the earth by sudden gamma ray burst-from a star near enough to kill all the surface dwelling organisms, including us. It is thought that one such burst "sterilized" the surface of the earth about 400 million years ago. It is unknown how often these events occur. These explosions have been detected by the SWIFT satellite mission, fortunately far enough away that they have not endangered us. However, it is only a matter of time until an explosion nearby kills everything on earth more evolved than a bacterium.

Now, here's my ATS conspiracy: Suppose the ETs who can travel far faster than light know that a burst has already occurred somewhere out in space. We have not detected it yet since the burst travels at the speed of light and is still some distance away from us. It may have occurred several hundred years ago, yet still be close enough that all highly evolved life on earth is doomed. Perhaps these ETs are mounting a rescue mission to save as much biodiversity as possible to re-seed the earth at a later date or to transplant it elsewhere. They have informed a few governments about this and these governments have been digging deep underground bases to hide out in(ie, Dulce and the like) while the rest of the earth is irradiated to death. They have not announced this as they know that this news would truly create a panic and destroy the buildings, possesions, infrastructure that they will inherit as they emerge from their bunkers. The aliens are complicit in this agreement. They know that 99.9% of life on earth cannot be physically moved or fed after the crisis, so they are running experiments, abducting, and even saving a few chosen humans who have all the right genetic code to breed a new and better human race. This is why we have been seeing increasing numbers of ships, even huge mile-wide "space-arks" in recent decades as they rush to complete their work(it takes a big saucer to transport a blue whale).
see below,

www5.channelonline.tv...

Furthermore, this explains why the ETs haven't bothered to contact us, since we are all dead anyway and they don't want us to bother them as they go about their very rushed efforts. This also explains why the worlds major powers act as if global warming, pollution, etc is not a problem....they know that it doesn't matter in the end. Now, we know that the Mayans predicted the end of the world in 2012; perhaps that is the date the gamma burst will hit earth. Maybe the reason we don't get radio messages from other civilzations out in space is that either they have been killed off by the burst heading our way or we are "quarantined" by the interstellar community as a "lost cause."

Just some thoughts; what does everyone else think?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

One last thought, Perhaps we humans were given a warning in the ancient past (the Mayans, the "rapture" in the Bible, other doomsday stories in myth and legend) in the hope that we would develop quickly enough to save our world ourselves. Since we chose to turn these warnings into religions and forgot their true meaning and not evolve to the point that we could relocate to another world in time, they are doing it for us.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Moderator, I wanted this in "fragile earth", but i somehow ended up in skunkworks. Unless you think it actually does belong here, could you please move it to wherever you thing it would fit best?
Thanks

Mod Note: Looks good where it is.

[edit on 29/4/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Where is everybody?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Have you heard of the Stone Cross at Hendaye?? When i read "gamma ray burst" i immediatly thought of the cross, since it depicts a burst of some kind coming from a star.

Also, have you read about the levels of Iridium (and one other element if i remember correctly) found to occur at the times when other past "extinction" events have occured?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
www.sciencemag.org...

Here is a link concerning iridium, osmium, and other elements deposited on the earth by meteorite impact. This is what killed the dinosaurs. A huge meteorite hit the earth off present day Cancun, MX. Other large impacts created the island of Iceland, the glass fields of the Egyptian desert, and other sites. They all have traces of these elements at the appropriate levels of the earth.

As for the cross, I had not been aware of it. I found an interesting link:

www.sangraal.com...

The alchemist who created it had the idea of a doomsday related to an exploded star and a constellation, but he obviously got the date wrong (or the author of the website did) since the judgement day was 9/22/02. Perhaps he has some inside knowledge from an ancient source and was trying to warn the future generations.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Interesting theory,

There is that possiblilty, but if they have caves underground to survive the incoming disaster, that could mean that there maybe another way to survive it without moving the whole population to another world.

I do not think that they have our interest at heart by keeping us ignorant.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by ixiy]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Cosmic Gamma particles pass through the earth and exit the other side, even through the core. So if this indeed were possible a high concentration of enough gamma particles to singe every neing on the planet then no matter how deep you were inside the planet you would still be affected.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
G'day,

First off let me say that I have just written my own thread that deals with a similar theory as yours thou I beleive it is not a "gamma burst" or similar from a nearby star, but a huge solar flare from our own Sun that will wipe most of the planet out.....and this is not so much a thoery, then again it is "somewhat" proven.....

Let me explain my comments on this abit further-

My explanation comes from Major Ed Dames, involved in the CIA's and militaries Remote Viewing program during the Cold War. He and a group of Remote Viewers were getting really wierd "future visions" they couldnt explain, things like totaly screwed economic markets, major sections of the world destroyed environmentally and they knew it was something big thou they couldnt pin point it at the time.

Major Ed Dames organised this group of RV experts and they began experiments into viewing what was going to happen. My thinking on this is if the US government was using them for the Cold War then there must be some credence to their ability, no?

They concluded what they refer to as the "killshot" and he has a short 20minute doco of this on youtube here -

video.google.com...

my thread on this by the way is found here-

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Basically, his premise is that a major celestial object, "planet sized" he says will come very close to the earth, close enough to tilt the earth axis/poles, this will in itself cause massive tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions - continents to rise and fall, but this is not the bigpart of it. This celestial object will remove the earth ability to protect itself from solar radiation, also, as the planet passes inbetween earth and the sun, it causes some sort of charhe, current etc that will attract a huge solar flare towards earth and actually scorching the planet. He predicts 2 billion deaths and the demise of most of our civilisation and expects this ver soon in our lifetimes.

my theory is that as you too did mention, the Aliens out there along with our governments know about this because they have known about Planet X's orbit for a long time and with calculations know that it'll be extremely close by earths orbit. Which is why they have co-operated with the governments to build massive undeground bases, to house many people so humanity may survive. Some parts of the military do not know about this which is what caused the Dulce firefight, I think they are here to help, thou Im sure that after this event, it would be easy for some alien species to come here and acert their authority upon us. This might actually bring them into the open and help humanity rebuild itself, by their rules and technologies and help us join a "galactic federation".....maybe?

They all know what is going to hapen but do not want to panic the masses. Planet X can be seen at the moment during sunset just to the side of the sun as a red dot, thou chemtrail activity is trying very hard to hide its presence from us. But we are fast approaching a point where it will be impossible to hide it any longer and disclodure will come out when there is nothing left to loose.

Good discussion topic, lets try keep this going eh?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Excellent post, and I would like to weigh in with some other possibilities as I have read and listened to quite a few proponents of the 2012 end date.

The galactic plane is a disc like region radiating out from the Black Hole that powers the Milky Way galaxy ( Our Galaxy ). This region is were our Solar System is moving into in the next few years and its allegded by People Like Jay Weidner and others that this field emanating from the core of the galaxy changes the Earth.

I find all this stuff interesting but must add...there is nothing we can do so just get on with your life as if nothing is going to happen. That way if it doesn't happen you haven't wsated your life worrynig, if it does then its not like you could have done anything anyway.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hey,
Thanks for the responses. I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to respond to my thread. Robertfenix, gamma rays are stopped by an inch or so of lead; I think you are thinking of neutrinos which do pass straight through the earth. However, they are harmless. Here is an interesting piece of news from today that indicates that a "hypernova" may occur only 7,500 light years from us (or may already have ocurred). Apparently this is close enough for us to see it brightly in the daytime. It will emit gamma rays when it goes. Will they be strong enough to hurt us? I don't think anyone knows or if they know, they are not telling

www.msnbc.msn.com...

[edit on 7-5-2007 by j_kalin]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This article about giant star explosions was just posted at space.com.

www.space.com...

Eta Carinae

Scientists think SN 2006gy could be a sign of things to come in our own galaxy. Eta Carinae, the most luminous star in our Milky Way, is located some 7,000 light-years away and seems poised to undergo its own explosion at any moment.

"This could happen tomorrow or it could happen 1,000 years from now," said Mario Livio of the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, who was not involved in the research.

Eta Carinae is an unstable star currently radiating about 5 million times more energy than our Sun and is undergoing eruptions on its surface that are similar to what scientists think happened on the star that produced SN 2006gy just before it blew.

Despite its relatively close proximity to us, Eta Carinae's death is not likely to pose any significant threat to life on Earth, scientists say.

"I think we can sleep quietly tonight for Eta Car not extinguishing life on Earth," Livio said, "but [SN 2006gy] and all the questions it brings about will keep us awake for quite a while."

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This is a very interesting idea. The Ordovician extinction killed of 2/3 of the planets life, that's potent. What I find interesting is that it gives a reasonable explaination for many of the "whys" of the ET situation, assuming of course that ETs do exist. Maybe fast than light travel isn't needed, just faster than light communications. Someone out there just broadcasted a warning sometimes back in the past. A space severe weather warning, so to speak. The ETs would only have to be within less than 7400 LY or so to earth.

new topics

top topics

join