It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China to mess with the weather again!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
After last months success at creating artificial snowfall:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

China it seems is more confidant with its weather control and plan to use their cloud seeding tecniques to clear the air in Beijing prior to the Olympics next year by inducing rainfall in the area.

www.livescience.com...

Once again, I'm astounded that these processes can actually be successful and it all seems like science fiction to me. How far can weather control be taken? To the point where its possible to desimate your enemies with hurricanes or droughts?

Also, weather patterns are intricately complicated and messing around with them on a larger scale in the future may alter large-scale systems with catastrophic affects.

Is it just me or is this more than a little bit unnerving??
just think, the weapons of the future may include nature's lethal fury.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If you heard of the montauk project they reckon, it snowed in the summer once around the base. America and russia have probably been playing with the weather for a long time.

The problem with weather warfare is if you do it to someone, what happens if they get that technology also and use on you.

i also heard people say that china has developed a weapon to set the atmosphere on fire, what would that do, to everyone.

the future is now, science fiction is here today.

rusiia and america are supposed to already play with each others weather already for decades.

this is one reason why i am suspicious of global warming, i just think its normal cycles, and weather modification, becasue they can blame anything on global warming.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What do you mean MESS ?

Is that mean everything China do is messing up and every American do is science?

This is more interesting.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
when i said mess, I meant that it is messing. I would have used the same word regardless of what nation was involved. I think that intentionally trying to alter the weather is a BAD idea. The only time it should be used is to alleviate drought in 3rd world countries and then only as a last resort.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What a mess.

Alright, alternate weather is bad idea. Terrible idea.
I don't know how bad it is to burn oil and coal all over America. That is certainly messing the weather.

Whatever. Messy ay?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have to say I have doubts that they will be successful.

The techniques they are using are not scientifically proven, and really
will not have any effect 100% of the time.

Personally I think it's a mixture of three things, propaganda, needing to
fix this particular problem and them actually believing they can do it.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I have to say I have doubts that they will be successful.

The techniques they are using are not scientifically proven, and really
will not have any effect 100% of the time.

Personally I think it's a mixture of three things, propaganda, needing to
fix this particular problem and them actually believing they can do it.

Exactly.

Well everything is not significantly proven until it is tested. If they test it say for 10 times, and it works 8 times, then it is Science.
Just like tube baby, it is scientific proven, but it doesn't work everytime!

Propaganda? I doubt it. The press always want to put interesting news. But what surprise me is that western world is helping them propaganda it (if it is propaganda). I don't know why this topic is brought to this forum for at least 3 times. ATS is helping them propaganda, while China is just releasing a news.

What happen? why people keep on talking about it like they got a burn in their as*s? What happen?
It is just snow making, we know rain making has been there for decades. In southern asia they made rain many times during long hot summer, but people are not talking about it.
Why people keep on talking about it when it is about China?
It is western people who propaganda it and slightly mis-credit and mis-inform it.

"Needing to fix this particular problem" is more likely to be true. Beijing is so polluted, and they going to have Olympic, so they just try to fix it because it is international events. They just want to try their best, and like it or not they have to believe in themselves to fix their own problem and give a better Olympic events to the world.

If they let say scientist from U.K or America to do the air cleaning, I AM SURE NOBODY TALK ABOUT IT.

So, what is this? Jealousy? Feel being threatened? whatever...or about MONEY MONEY?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
look, I wasn't having a pop at China, I have nothing against the country or its people. In fact, even though I now live in the UK, I was born in Hong Kong. It seems like your trying to start an argument which is NOT the point of this thread.

Truth is, Whether or not America or England or France or India or China or any nation is researching weather altering tech, Its a bad thing in my estimations and I'm only reading about the current efforts of the Chinese government, that is why I posted this and why it is being discussed.

top topics

join