It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China creates first artificial snowfall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Is China ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to weather alteration technology? Does this surprise anyone else because I would have previously thought this to be pure fiction?

www.reuters.com...

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Chonx]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Interesting.

I looked up some other sources and the general view is that they have claimed to, it hasn't been proven.

But, the applications of this could be really life changing to some people, especially if they can adapt it to create other weather effects.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Definately! alleviating the threat of drought in seriously affected areas could save many lives not to mention crops, livestock and wildlife but I wonder if there could be unforseen side effects to these kinds of activities??

Also, if this is exclusivley chinese technology, are thet likely to restrict other nations access to it?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
They probably will restrict it.

Fingers crossed that they don't, what with the UK and the US getting such a bad rep at the moment, China could become the new 'kind' nation if they use this for good.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar
They probably will restrict it.

Fingers crossed that they don't, what with the UK and the US getting such a bad rep at the moment, China could become the new 'kind' nation if they use this for good.

This is why I have been diehard about the nature of 'Rebuilding America's Defenses'. What if China decides to flood or drought high value regions in America? Lets hope HAARP is the mean machine conspiracies claim it to be...

Many of the men who created PNAC now hold vital positions. Have they used this to safeguard our security?

The most deranged part about this weather technology is that China could 'attack' us and we would have no idea. It would be insane to accuse them of every tornado or flood but it would not mean they couldn’t be responsible.

A funny analogy that defines this situation well is if a guy shoots up an entire room before discussing top secret information. His reasoning was that if cloaking technology had been developed an invisible spy could be among the two men.

COME ON DARPA! BABY DON'T FAIL ME NOW!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure China would restrict this type of technology... who wouldn't?

If the U.S., or Russia develops this tech, do you think they'd be sharing with anyone?

new topics

top topics

join