It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh plays "Barack The Magic Negro"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Centurion : Although I don't agree with some of the things you say,
I am 100% in agreement with your last paragraph.
The clowns are dragging this country down. Couldn't be said better.

Maybe if we still aware, we can do something about it.
Maybe not.

It's good to know that you're out there too.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

Originally posted by tsloan
I hate to say it but no he shouldn't have. His contract states that he can be just what he is..An idiot,

An idiot yes, but the kind of idiot that knows where the line is. Imus crossed that line to the point that advertisers no longer wanted to be associated with him, so he got fired, and rightfully so. No one could be so stupid to think that he didn’t cross the invisible line, coming out with a racial insult on air Is just a out and out dumb thing to do.

He was fired because his advertisers refused to purchase any more spots on his show.

MSNBC is only there to make money, Imus went from making money to being a social pariah because of what he said and no one wants to be around him.

…MSNBC have the right to fire Imus on what he said..NO. Not according to the contract.

I haven’t read Imus’s contract but I find it hard to believe that any company would be dumb enough to sign a contract with out an out clause for the company to cover something like this.

I support free radio without FCC or any other over site…/buttons are on a T.V./Radio for a reason.If you don't like it turn

First I don’t think that you quit understand what the FCC does, not only do they censor what is allowed on TV or radio but the also assign the channels to companies on the radio TV and cell phones with out that control there would be chaos on the airwaves.
As for censorship of content, consider this, The Simpsons has a viewing rang from age 8 to people in their mid 30’s, do you think that stations should advertise product with adult content like “Girls gone wild”? would you want your kid to see that? I do think that the rules need to be loosened but they do need to be in place. After 11pm anything should go but before that rules should apply.

edit to fix quotes.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Mr Mxyztplk]

Read the contract then get back to me on how it is written in legal view of how and what terms MSNBC can terminate it's very clear that he could say just what he said. And yes I know the FCC does all the wonderful call assignments and such. But, That doesn't change the way "I" feel about them. They are a over funded government agency point blank. As far as things that my daughter might watch on T.V. Thats what being called a parental unit is. I make sure that the you know "V"-chip locks are set thats what they are for or I just say your not watching that. And if she
does I do one better I explain what she is seeing so she doesn't walk out of the room with out the understanding it just T.V. Thats the problem with people who want the government parenting their kids so they can run off to the gym or jazz class or what ever they would rather do than be a parent.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Just 2 short points:

Originally posted by semperfortis
[...]I could almost agree except for the sheer substantiation of the numbers..

22 million people can't all be wrong..
[..]
Semper

Numbers make something right?
What about nazi-germany in the 40's?
What about the people in iran?
What about the american killing the Indians a couple of hundred years ago?
What about slavery? So many millions of white slave owners wrong???

I think I've made my point!

Originally posted by grover
[...]
When are people like you going to realize that it is one thing for a group (blacks, gays, women, Chinese, what not) to address each other in stereotypical and derogatory slang as a form a patter or trash talking and it is another thing entirely for someone outside to do the same? It is not a black thing. Two gay men will refer to each other as faggot or queer, or two women as bitch just as two blacks will refer to each other using the N word BUT just you try and refer to those same two women for example as bitches and they will tear your eyes out. It is a way of taking the sting, the hate out out of the words until someone like you comes along and thinks hey they call each other N all the time so why can't I? It is simply not the same and never will be but I doubt you have the nuanced mind to understand that.
[...]

Sry mate, I don't agree, the 'n' word has been so demonized, it shouldn't be used. And if blacks use it to then whites have to be allowed to use it too!
Why? Either it's a bad word and an insult or it's not!
Isn't everybody equal?
If one person doesn't get into trouble for using a word the other person shouldn't either!
(I don't use that word and I know some blacks do, but that doesn't make it right!)
So IMHO @ our black fellow citizens: either everybody uses the word or nobody does. [fullstop]
reg,
Sammy

p.s. I want to emphasize, that I am NOT a racist and have dark-coloured relatives!

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I am not saying that it is right... I don't like racist, sexist, homophobic or any other hate speech or phrases, nor do I use them....I was just pointing the fact out that when to black people refer to each other as N... it is different on a host of different levels than a white person using the same word the same way. Nor would I ever assume or presume the right to use it even if some blacks do... and btw I married into a black family.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by grover]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The ONLY point you made was to once again substantiate the fact that Liberals will do anything to prove an unsupported position..

Your analogy is absolutely hilarious!!!

Nazi Germany was not a radio program to the best of my knowledge
Iran is not a radio program
The Killing of "Native Americans" is not a radio program
Slavery is also not a radio program..

Using your analogy, I guess Rush is wrong because 3 out of 4 households say it is a mistake to consume drain cleaner..
Also the Majority of Americans like Potatoes with Steak, so Rush must be wrong..

Funny

Semper

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aldolas

In 1860 when slavery was at it's peak, there were only 385,000 white slave owners. During that same year there were also 191 black slave owners. (Yes, blacks owned slaves also) Combined is still way less than the millions you cited.

Just because the "Magical One" (Barack Hussein Obama) likes to inflate numbers doesn't mean it's tolerated here.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Now lookie here!

When I was growing up a poor negro child in Glen Burnie, MD - da redneck capital of the U.S. of A, compared to the things white people was-a calling me; Koon, da N' word, porch monkey, blackie, tar baby, and scat back, I would have considered it a mighty friendly gesture to be called a Magic Negro, by whitey.

Why, the whole nature of race relations in da world would have been turned upside down if the negro was considered Magic. No negro would ever be without a job, cause what business wouldn't want a "magic" negro on staff.

And look at all the loving I would have gotten, with all the girlies saying, "Ooh baby, you a Magic negro in the bedroom."

Look at all the booty "Magic" "Johnson" got, and it wasn't fo his dribblin' skills.

So this here thing has been blown completely out of proportion.

And Imus, god bless him, "Nappy headed hoes?" Please! That sh@t was funny! Carolivia Herron wrote a book about da nappy head:
www.danielsbooks.com...

People need to lighten up. 15 people listened to Imus, or knew who the Hell he was before Al Sharpten made it a national story. And the coach crying over nappy headed hoes? Get a life.

Hey, has any of them so-called black leaders apologised to dem Duke boys? Now that was serious. Boys lives on the line, not just a bad hair day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join