It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sattellite Disabling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hi Everyone

I recently posted this topic in the Area51 forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Its about an alleged Area51 worker who rang into a radio phone-in show in a pretty agetated state, anyways after a couple of minutes the line went dead, and the radio presenter told the listeners that the radio stations sattellite has lost its earth lock.

Anyways, the subject of the phonecall isnt imprtant here, what I was wondering is...

Would the U.S. Government, or the Area51 hierachy have the technology to effectivly disable a sattellite, or make it lose its earth lock as was the case here?

And could it possibly be part of a space based weapons system?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
The Satellite probably never lost it's signal to Earth. Maybe the line went dead from other end or the call was dropped as has happened to me a few times. Might be a coincidence, and entertaining the fact that he was an Area 51 worker, maybe the government tracked him down and cut him off.

But I highly doubt that the satellite was affected.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Most likely the station wanted to create some publicity with this action. There are technologies to disable sattelites, but I doubt the government using these technologies if far cheaper solutions are available.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys,

Does anyone else think that the U.S. might have the capability to disable a satellite, or stop it comunicating?

I personally think its highly feasable, if we are to believe all we've heard of the military's presence in space?

What does everyone think?

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The easiest way to disable a satellite, I think, would be to strap a payload of small rocks to the top of a booster rocket and launch a cloud of debris into the path of the target's orbit (they're basically just a bunch of circuit boards wrapped in gold foil, not very durable). It still requires the technology to track orbits and plot an intercept, but that's really not all that difficult. Hell, there are game consoles out now with enough computing power to do the job.

There's been a lot of development recently in ant-sat. laser technologies (in China and America, and presumably elsewhere), but that seems like too high-tech a solution for my tastes.

Why rely on a complex laser emitter when a bucket full of pea gravel will do the trick?

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I dont think that the satellite need be disabled for such a event as a call into a radio talk show.

With digital technology it is only a matter of identifying one or both ends of a conversation and to break or cut off the phone link.

If you are able to do so...engage a telephone repariman knowlegable in the trade to educate you on what the telephone technology has become with tone and digital technology. Their ability to monitor and trace. Some of you would be very surprised to know how many company executives alreay have this equipment built in thier phone systems. Tracing and following phone calls is very very quick now days. Most phones have caller id in them from the factory. Do you folks really think that this was done for your exclusive convenience???
While you may be able to block out your number from the recipients caller ID...I doubt that your fingerprint is deleted from the switching stations inbetween you and your recipient. Also if you are for any reason flagged your call will show up immediately for particular and special attention on someones terminal. It is really that simple with todays digital technology.

While satellites can be disabled it is much easier and more effecient to stop a call at the switching networks or a monitoring station. I would surmise or go so far as to state that the technologhy is already built in to do this since the phone companys have "special " systems and agreements with the Government.
My question is ..can these monitoring stations be made portable..including the ability to interfere or cut off conversations?? What do you folks think?? Wi Fi??

Have any of you ever really thought about what it means on a piece of equipment on the back or on the label when it states

"FCC type accepted"

I stated this particularly in regards to telephone equipment...pagers ...answer machines... Cell phones...etc. etc.

Just some additional information for you folks to consider.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 2-9-2007 by orangetom1999]

posted on Sep, 2 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well you don't destroy a sattelite when you don't want it to work you simply send it a signal or code. Also you can set a sattelite to distribute correct signals to one receiptant and non correct signals to another. With the gps system this happened during the heavy fighting parts in Irak and Afghanistan. Because gps is a system owned by the American government Europe is considering it's own satellite system named Galileo. This system should be more reliable at times that America switches the gps mode to army only. Of course it remains to be seen what will happen when europe needs the system... I'm pretty sure it will have a built in switch too.

Juliet

new topics

top topics

join