It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska Extraterrestrial Writing found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just found this story. It says that Russian scientists have found chunks of metal or other material which has extraterrestrial writings on them. The U.S. and other countries have asked them for some of the material, but the Russians won’t give it until they decipher what the writings say.

See story here

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Finally! This must be true. Afterall, it IS on the internet.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Been posted before and it doesnt impress me. I think its fake.

Besides, the last comment basicly assures that no one else will see these "boulders" (how convenient
). We cant even decipher ancient HUMAN languages without a some sort of reference. Alien languages would be impossible unless they actually tell us how to read them.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I think it was a good find, interesting.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
And yet, will it not start this way? I doubt the landing on the White House lawn idea will happen. But somewhere, sometime, in some out of the way place, the evidence will surface that we are not alone.

And the trick will be to recognize it when it happens. How many times have important finds lain quietly in some museum till the right person came along and saw them in a new way? It happens often in science. Sometimes a bone fragment, sometimes a theory. The unexpected seldom comes ashouting, usually it is a whisper in the night.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Alien languages would be impossible unless they actually tell us how to read them.

Maybe impossible for you! Don't be foolish, anything is possible. Do not underestimate the human potential. Language is code, and codes can be broken. Not an impossibility.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by The Coward]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Coward
Maybe impossible for you! Don't be foolish, anything is possible. Do not underestimate the human potential. Language is code, and codes can be broken. Not an impossibility.

Codes can only be broken if you have something to compare with. Otherwise its impossible. A simple example, lets take the Swedish word "hejsvejs". We will assume that you do not know Swedish and no one on the planet does either (ie a completely unknown word in a completely unknown language). You would never ever find out what it mean because you have no point of reference. That's even with latin letters too, let alone something some alien alphabet we cant even make sense of. How would you go about breaking it?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Please contribute to the existing discussion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread Closed
Mod Note: Repeat Topics – Please Review This Link.

top topics

join