It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh: Biggest Hypocrit of 2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I think the right's radio hero Rush Limbaugh should be awarded the award for Biggest Hypocrit of 2003. He sure deserves it.

Back in '96 Limbaugh was discussing how he thought law enforcement should deal with white drug addicts. He said, "Too many whites are getting away with drug use. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river." That burns in light of his own little pill popping problem.

In the run-up to the '96 election, I could tell Rush had sold his soul to the dark side. It was at that point that I stopped listening to him. Little did I know that he was breaking the law on top of that! But, he said....

Now that he has been exposed for the hypocrit he is, he's been whining lately about how he should be treated more fairly. Why? He had no compassion or empathy for those he thought should be "sent up the river." I sincerely hope Florida law enforcement holds him to the same standards he would've held others to.
That exactly what he deserves for being so judgemental of others.

I love the way he describes the situation.. the attempt at wording. (He must've learned it from Klinton.) He calls his problem an addiction to prescribed pain medication. Here's another interpretation: PRESCRIBED lessens the blow attempting to sound legitimate, PAIN MEDICATION hides the pill popping part. Rush is a pill popping junkie. He deserves to be - as he once said - prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. There is nothing worse than a hypocrit.

Here's an interesting editorial on the subject:

Rush Limbaugh should stop whining
By Bill Press
TRIBUNE MEDIA SERVICES

Stop! Don't touch that dial. There's nothing wrong with your radio. That piercing, high-pitched sound you hear is not a mechanical malfunction. It's just Rush Limbaugh, whining into the microphone.

Silly me. And I thought conservatives were real men. You know: stand-up-and-take-your-medicine-like-a-man kind of men. Limbaugh is just the opposite. He's a crybaby conservative. He wants to take his medicine - mountains of those little blue pain pills - and suffer no consequences.

the rest:
www.tallahassee.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I just want to know if he ever hooked up with Jeb Bushs daughter.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
I just want to know if he ever hooked up with Jeb Bushs daughter.

Hmmm...
Maybe that's why he bought a house down thurr. He knew Jebbie & company would hook 'im up.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Honorable mentions:

Dr. Phil
Howard Dean

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolutionary
Honorable mentions:

Dr. Phil
Howard Dean

And will you share with us why you would award them?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Talk about moronic, not to mention the words of someone who hasn't been there.
Having taken prescription pain killers, and being around people who have (and still are), I can tell you they have different effects on different people. ME, I had no problem with getting off pain killers. Many others I know aren't as fortunate. For many, they are highly addictive.

But what is the difference between me, my friends, Rush, and the typical drug user to which Rush referred? We all had to use them, and were prescribed the usage by a doctor. There is no comparison between Rush and the punks on the street I used to bust and cops are still busting, the idiots that are wasting their own futures for thrills and escapes. All this amounts to is an attempt to take a slap at someone you don't like because he can run mental circles around you, and can even do it while under the influence of prescription pain killers!
But I certainly should take this time to caution you, becareful of your words, the universe has a way of making us suffer from irony and it waits for us to set ourselves up. You just set yourself up.

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You're awful touchy about this one, TC.

That's ok, though. We're all human and have a hard time accepting the fact that heroes do fall. This is why I quit putting humans on pedestals in my childhood.

Rush was under the impression, or drug-fuelled illusion that he could get away with his illegal behavior b/c of who he is.

He made the terrible mistake of judging others harshly and then falling into the same pit. I have no sympathy for him because of it. He should be dealt with according to those same standards. He needs to quit whining and take it like a man.

As far as your attempt to insult me regarding Rush's intellect vs. mine, I've never criticized his intelligence. So it was pretty weak, not to mention quite unbecoming of a moderator.

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Rush
www.youtube.com...
Attacking Michael J Fox Backfires
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join