It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apr23-27 4 days of "simulated" nuke attacks on US and EU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I think we all know what this means...

Yes .. that the USA is doing a good job preparing for the hell that Iran will most likely call down upon the earth.

It's a DRILL. The government and the military have them all the time. It's SMART to have them. If we didn't, and then something happened, everyone would be having a fit that we weren't prepared.

When I was in the Army and in the Second Armored Division we used to have drills three times a year. We'd practice deployment to Germany and the scenerio was that the Russians were coming over the border.

It never happened. Perhaps because we were so prepared.

[edit on 4/24/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Prepared like Strategic Air Command was on 9/11?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dissembler
Prepared like Strategic Air Command was on 9/11?

See? Gotta' practice and practice and drill and drill. Even when we do drill there are times that the people fell short when the balloon went up.

It's a drill people. It's just a drill. We need them - as dissembler pointed out with the SAC remark. We need MORE of them.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why is it that no major news source has made any mention to this? Don't you think that if you are going to be conducting a nuclear test that a real news organization might know about it? I hate to say it, but this is more disinformation.. It seems like I'm seeing more and more of it lately and It's making it hard to take some of you folks seriously. Just because some no-name internet news website says something doesn't mean it is true. When i see it on reuters or cnn, I'll take the story seriously, but until then its not worth my time. Its the 24th (1 day into the "experiment") and I haven't heard or seen anything to suggest that this BS propaganda is remotely true.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
This is From FalseFlagNews...

The evidence suggests we can succeed in preventing the next staged attack.

During the fall of 2005, a drill called “Sudden Response 05” simulated a 10-kiloton nuclear device detonating off the coast of South Carolina. Rumors began to circulate inside the military that this drill was to “go live” and be used as the pretext for a nuclear invasion of Iran and the escalation of WW III. When the drill became publicized, a four-star general, Kevin Byrnes at the Fort Monroe Base (site of the simulation), was fired. Many speculate that Gen. Byrnes was attempting to publicize the drill, in order to prevent it from going live, while he and others in the TRADOC division would lead a counter-coup against the rogue network plotting World War III.

Yet the key point is that by publicizing the drill, activists forced NORTHCOM to back off their plans.

------

- Hopefully we have stopped this (april 25) nuke from destroying an american city and countless innocent lives.

However, I believe that the NeoCons are determined to find the pretext to expand WW3 to Iran... They could still push the button, then simply shut down all of the conspiracy websites and say what drills???

exactly.

if we raise enough noise about this we can prevent it.

even if this is all paranoia it cant hurt to make a fuss about it

spread the word

once the video dissapears off youtube we know whats up

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Sorry if this had been posted, just adding fuel to the fire. Look how convienent on apr 4th some radioactive material was stolen in SC

www.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
There is a link on the United States Joint Forces Command website regarding Noble Resolve. It indicates that this is part of a longer term experiment.

• To what extent does the U.S. have a layered defense?

When will the U.S. know a threat is headed towards the U.S.?

• What can be done in advance to keep the threat from reaching us from overseas?

• How can USJFCOM provide emergency managers with modeling and simulation support?

• How can we establish a reliable collaborative environment that includes first responders?

• Is there a tool set that encompasses shared operations, shared information, shared situational awareness, and shared Common Operational Picture?

To answer these questions, USJFCOM established an evolving Noble Resolve experiment campaign plan which begins in April 2007 and will continue over the next couple of years.

Source

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I feel like a broken record.. Please stop feeding the fire with more disinformation and stories taken out of context. Here is the story below:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A delivery truck containing radioactive material parked outside Presbyterian Hospital was broken into early Friday and some materials were stolen, according to the N.C. Radiation Protection Section.

The materials, known as Technetium 99-m, were inside six containers of syringes. Its often used to diagnose problems in organs in the bodies.

State officials said Technetium 99-m is considered to be a low-hazard radioactive material, but it can be a health and safety risk if improperly handled.

Officials said the radioactive substance will lose all potential to harm people by late Sunday afternoon.

The containers taken from the Hawthorne Lane hospital in Charlotte's Elizabeth neighborhood around 4 a.m. are sturdy, black nylon about one-square foot. Officials say they weigh 10 to 15 pounds. Inside the containers holding the syringes are metal cylinders labeled with the radiation symbol and the word "Radioactive."

Anyone who finds the containers or syringes should not touch them or move them. They should stay at least 10 feet away and contact the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department at (704) 943-2509 or Crime Stoppers at (704) 334-1600.

As you can see, the radioactive medical material is now useless and harmless (as of this past Sunday). Not only that, but it was such a small amount, it really never posed any type of harm in terms of a dirty bomb.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm posting this because at least one poster expressed suspicion that these drills might be misinformation or fabrications. Whether they are anything other than ordinary drills (which is what I personally feel they probably are) is of course a matter of belief at the moment, but they are real exercises that are taking place.

In addition to the overview I posted previously, The U.S. Joint Forces Command website more specifically indicates that this is the first phase of Noble Resolve and that it begins this week:

(SUFFOLK, Va. - April 23, 2007) -- U.S. Joint Forces Command (USJFCOM) kicked off its series of experiments here today aimed at enhancing homeland defense measures and military support in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.

Navy Lt. Cmdr. Chris Oden, the military lead for Noble Resolve's initial experiment which will last through the end of the week, explained the significance of the event.

"It's the first homeland defense and defense support to civil authorities experiment that we're conducting within J9 that has a lot of modeling and simulation support and potential that's going to be built into the Noble Resolve campaign."

Mark Wolfe, the civilian lead for Noble Resolve said the event is a product of Urban Resolve, another series of USJFCOM experiments which concluded this past winter.

Oden said this week's focus will be on maritime domain awareness.

"Maritime domain is a big focus and when you start looking at vessels transiting, especially with man-made devices, it's a huge problem to track over the ocean," he said. "We're trying to see if we do find something, can we track it and look at the information sharing that takes place and see how it affects us over here."

Source (I did not quote the complete article and denoted omissions with "...")

It also states that another phase will occur in August and will focus on the Pacific theater:

Oden said the next phase in August will focus on a threat in the Pacific theater. Those involved will include the state of Oregon, the city of Portland, the Oregon National Guard, as well as Joint Task Force Homeland Defense, located in Hawaii.

Source

[edit on 4/24/2007 by AceWombat04]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Man am i glad i am in Australia now.

Although i'm not religious, i will pray that nothing occurs.

I second that, even tho were at the bottom of the world atleast its safe n sound LOL

nah but seirously, everyones getting all wound up over nothing. The title says it all! just a simulated attack. IT IS WHAT IT IS!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
LOL like im gonna believe that dude!!! That video looks like it was done in someone's living room. The more I'm on this board the more i see just plain freakin idiots that are just dying for SOMETHING/ANYTHING to believe in and are pretty much paranoid. Wow.

How about this. I'll post back on here on the 28th after nothing has happened just like the erroneous reports of an attack on Iran on April 6th.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This stuff always gets freaky, and reading this post and a fast jet ripping over the roof at the same time does not help. lol

Just had a Tornado tear over the roof, first time i have seen one of these over these parts, im in Kent in the UK. Just thought id post incase anything else creeps up over the next few days;.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think we all need to do our part in avoiding any further escalation by our administration. I've taken the excerpts from the threads this morning and posted them on MySpace. I encourage everyone to post these important peices of information anywhere possible to inform the public. God forbid there is a nuclear "attack" - at least others will be suspicious and not just the "Conspiracy Theorists". The more we get these stories out to friends, the less likely we'll have another "attack" during a drill exercise.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that here in the States the weekly TV show "Jerico" is about surviving after terrorists detonate Nukes in several US cities? Its like they are giving everyone pointers on how to survive.
This show is in it's second season now.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
MAN!! Every stink'n time there is a drill like this my computer, and the internet, slow down to a freak'n stand still. UGH!

Oh well .. I guess I'll just suck it up .. for the greater good, and all that.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Did the MSM report that NORAD would be engaged in exercises before 9/11...I don't remember that coming out until after the attacks.

MSM tells us what they want us to know and nothing more. I don't trust CNN or any other news outlet on the one-eyed monster.

On another thread I saw today here: nobody but Lou Dobbs, that cranky old fart, is the only talking head covering the North American Union. It's all happening out of sight for the most part.

That being said, it seems unlikly to me that another black op will take place within days, but the gangsters in the whitehouse would surely benefit from a massive diversion right about now.

Ugh, who knows??

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
That this doesn't mess up the NFL draft.

But I know Jack Bauer will save us all in the end anyway, so I am not afraid.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Gee I love, *cough* sorry live in coastal VA, near VA's biggest major harbors, including Norfolk harbor and Portsmouth. And the Chesapeake bay.. you know, that lovely area where the English boys who landed on this God forsaken piece of land under me at this very moment decided to name everything after cities and harbors back home in Britain? lol..

This scares me, and I've notified my friends via my own personal communications networks and media that I have available to me. Not extensively acting bizarre, just gave a heads up about terror drills and briefly touched the subject and dropped that video link. posted it up on a friend only journal post .. and .. yea. so we'll see, I have alot of friends in military families.

[edit on 4/25/2007 by runetang]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join