It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When you wished upon a star

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I would appreciate your feed back. Since the beginning of Mankind on this Great Planet Earth we as the human race have gazed or looked toward the stars, planets and Moons of our Universe. Has any one actually wished upon a star in our Universe and their dream or wish actually become true? I am curious is this an old wives tale, a title to a song or is it possible there is something to wishing upon a star and it becoming reality? Rik Riley

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
I would appreciate your feed back. Since the beginning of Mankind on this Great Planet Earth we as the human race have gazed or looked toward the stars, planets and Moons of our Universe. Has any one actually wished upon a star in our Universe and their dream or wish actually become true? I am curious is this an old wives tale, a title to a song or is it possible there is something to wishing upon a star and it becoming reality? Rik Riley

Ohh wish upon a star... that sounds so lovely.
I have never had any luck with it. Where i come from we have several old tales involving the moon and stars.

One is if you see a young moon with a star close by it, just like the islamic sign, give out a prayer for good fortune and luck.

The other tale i dont recall very much but i do remember that it had something to do with each star representing a soul or living being.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I make my wishes vague enough that they are bound to come true, a technique I learned from Nostradamus and the Bible.

Last night I wished for something good to happen and today I'm not dead, so I guess that's pretty good.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well I remember wishing on a band of shooting stars.
The wish came true. Just, it took too long.

Originally posted by Densha82
I make my wishes vague enough that they are bound to come true, a technique I learned from Nostradamus and the Bible.

Last night I wished for something good to happen and today I'm not dead, so I guess that's pretty good.

not bad

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Frenzy_boy, I was always told to make a wish upon a shooting star when I was a child and it would come true. It has stayed with me over the years and I still make wishes when one comes shooting bye. Sometimes my wishes come true most of the time not. I have read many times that whatever the human mind can concieve and believe it can achieve. Belief is a strong factor when making a wish either upon a star or shooting star and makes no difference who you are. Rik Riley

[edit on 26-4-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Densha82, Glad you are wishing and glad you are still alive. All we can do is take one day at a time wish for better things to come and as you know we continually live in a troubled world. I wish and pray for peace and think the world is so very tired of war but somehow war is always there. There will always be wars and rumors of wars. Where have we read and heard that before? Lets all look upon a shinning star and wish war away forever and ever. Rik Riley

[edit on 26-4-2007 by rikriley]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanks theTruththeWay for sharing about the old tales this is the first I had heard of the 2 tales you just mentioned. I believe probably ever ethnic group in the world has some type of old tale when it comes to wishing upon a star or shooting star. Anyone have any input concerning old tales of what different ethnic groups wish upon a star or shooting star? Rik Riley

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I wish upon the first star in the sky everytime I see it, and I look for them as I walk my dog in the evening. Some come true and some don't. One time I saw a shooting star in motion and wished on it. That wish came true.I don't know why I do these things but I always smile when I do.

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Jamesquest1, Thanks for sharing with us about your experiences of making a wish on the first star that you see and your wish coming true when you wished upon a shooting star. There must be something to wishing on a star or shooting star because as you read on this thread wishes can and do come true.

Maybe it is positive thinking believing in what we wish for or could it be we human beings connection to the heavens and stars, in other words a greater power. Rik Riley

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Anyone wished upon a star or shooting star lately and if so did your wish or dreams come true or not? This thread is for sharing your exsperiences of wishing upon a star or shooting star no matter who you are or where you live on this Great Planet Earth. Rik Riley

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
well i've seen a grip of shooting stars in my life time, usually when im not even looking for them.. they just shoot across the sky and i barely see them in the coerner of my eye

i usually dont even have time to make a wish when i see a shooting star they dont ever last more then 2 seconds..

i suppose i have made a few wishes tho, when i was younger

i dont recall them ever coming true but im sure i was making unrealistic wishes

im sure if i were to make a realistic wish it would come true.. why wouldnt it?

and why does it even have to be a shooting star?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well, the ones i have seen have wooooshed so fast, i hardly had a chance to wish for anything.
Maybe if they travelled a little slower...... but the law of gravity doesnt help.

The moon is made out of cheese too- and has anybody ever seen or been at the end of a rainbow?

Its just poetry and fairy tales for lovers, imo.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   
biotic, thanks for sharing with us about seeing shooting stars out of the corner of your eye and when you do see them it is only for a couple of seconds. That is usually what happens you see them and now you don't and when you try to tell the person next to you to look the shooting star or meteor is gone.

Wishing could be on a star, shooting star or just plane wishing for something to happen. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't, but it is the fun of wishing to see if it comes true. The question is do we send signals thru brain waves into the Universe when we make a wish or create a thought with our brain? Rik Riley

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
dgtempe, shooting stars and rainbows are now we see them now we don't. They both are great for lovers and most of us love a fairytale with a happy ending, and they lived happily ever after. The Moon can be what ever you want it to be but it can also stimulate and effect the human mind visually and mentally. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

If you believe in telepathy and the power of an extraterrestrial race to convert matter from thought, then I don`t see why it is not possible. Could wishing be a form of telepathy?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well I didnt get rich like I wished for. And I didnt get the girl I wished for either.

Strike three and for me and it will be a wivestell.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
bridas, wishing could be a form of telepathy because our brain sends and recieves electrical impulses within our own bodies no matter how minute the signal maybe. The question is is it electrical or another unseen or detected force or form of energy being transmitted when a thought is sent by the brain outside ones human body. Wishing will still continue whether it be upon a star, shooting star or plane old wishing for something or something to happen. Anyway you look at it wishing lifts ones spirits most of the time and is definitely fun to do and whether it comes true or not it gives us hope. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
earth2, you still have hope about wishing if you did not put a time limit on your wishes and the wishes just might come true yet. I think when we wish for something on the spur of the moment we forget to put a deadline or specific time limit on our wish or wishes to happen and leave it open ended. Kind of like setting a goal with out a specific date for accomplishing that goal. Also when setting goals we normally set a specific time frame for it to take place or happen. We never know, wishing could be a learned art. Rik Riley

[edit on 15-6-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Anyway you look at it wishing lifts ones spirits most of the time and is definitely fun to do and whether it comes true or not it gives us hope. Rik Riley

As life should be Rik!

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i wished upon a star tonight....I wished for rikriley to go hide and fall through a bottomless abyss never to be heard from again.

you asked. This is true!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join