It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Day 2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Earth Day is Sunday April 22 and I wanted to start a thread concerning the subject. I'd like everyone to post atleast 1 thing You do to help save the planet. Wether You believe in global warming or not I think We can all agree that there are things We can do to leave this world a safer and cleaner place. I'll start-
If My family and I happen to see trash while walking We'll pick it up and dispose of it properly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Remember~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The world We create is the world Our children will inherit.

Peace. K*

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Plant a seed for peace and harmony...no matter if its the smallest cress seed, or a potential-mighty-oak of an acorn, plant something, anything and give the world a blessing from the heart

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In no particular order.

-I recycle, including batteries.
-I walk, rather than use a vehicle for transport 75% of the time.
-I try and buy organic, local (as in en state) produce and products.
-I advocate and teach about the use of cleaner energy technologies.

I'm sure there are other things that I do, that are just normal to me,
so I am not thinking of them.

Oh, and I have lots of plants.

[edit on 4/20/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
c'mon guys. 2? Only 2 other people do atleast 1 thing to help Our environment? Okay, I've made My own grocery bags so I don't have to use plastic. Next?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's snowing today, so instead of shoveling I will fire up my gasoline driven snowblower to clear the driveway. I will also drive to the store for a few non-organic grocery items instead of walking the 3 blocks (it's snowing).

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My housemates and I are in the process of re-landscaping our south-facing front garden from the stereotypical urban 'lawn and planted borders' into a vegetable-garden to grow our own produce, much to the amusement of our landlady and neighbour.

Its a small contibution, but a positive one in the right direction

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I always try to reuse paper

turn off the ac and open the windows in the morning to let the cool and fresh air in..

sprinklers only 2 times a week..

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xX25Xx
I always try to reuse paper

Me too, especially toilet paper.

But seriously, someone was just telling me over the weekend that Sheryl Crow said something about only using like one square of toilet paper and that would help save save the planet.

I'm not making this up.

top topics

join