It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Ship Uncovered Off Of Australia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I had another thought about these guys,

Consider for a moment they were all experienced sailors.
Known to be as such.

They were travelling from Eastcoast Australia, around the top end, down the west end to Mandurah ( where I live )

Now, that course puts them AWFULLY close to Indonesia.

Could they off been drug runners? or perhaps muels? Ie Michelle Corby?

Flying it in these days is to risky, and with a boat, especially one of that size u can pull up on any beach you please and unload ' load your cargoe.
No need for a port.

Plenty of places to hide drugs on a catamoran.

Also, should you see as hip far off thats going to 'inspect' you, I imagine dumping drugs over the side in sea-water would be quite an easy method of getting rid of ALL Evidence, thus the convenience in transporting by boat.

SO,

Maybe the buyers whom they'd planned to meet decided it would be better to meet them, deep out at sea,or perhaps surprise them?

The bouys being down on the side of the ship puzzle me, especially with a torn mast.

A boat must of come up against them at somepoint,so it must of been a boat farmiliar to the sailors, or perhaps appearing in distress?

I personally am starting to believe, they were killed for their cargo.
They didnt want to take any equipment or expensive material from the boat, because that would TIE them to the missing men, should they be searched

'' Where'd you get this, its the same as the missing equipment of the boat where the men dissappeared ''

They decided to tear the mast the make it 'appear' as if a storm had washed them over board.
And they decided NOT to remove the bouys from the side, because their boat may rub up against it and leave some sort of evidence of another vessel ( paint scrapings )

3 experienced sailors wouldnt sail into a storm, then allow themselves to be washed over board, equally so, they'd know the level of sea's storms their boat could handle.

3 experienced sailors wouldnt of all jumped in to save someone, or jumped in without securing the boat.

Pure pirates would of gutted the boat.

And had anything of appeared wrong, or made them beleive they were in danger, they would of radioed for help.. unless the naval help would of found something and gotten them into equal trouble back home.

To me, it makes a lot more sense than anything else.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm not sure how plausible this is, or if the same applies here, but I remember reading about a similar "ghost boat" some years ago, and the explanation in that case was that one person fell over board, and was attacked by a shark, not knowing for sure what happened the others jumped in to save their shipmate, and all ended up meeting the same fate.

One other possibility without sharks is the same, one fell over board, the others jumped to rescue their shipmate, and were unable to get back to their boat as it could have been swept away from them too fast for them to catch up to it.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
that might explain one empty boat but two? and the damaged mast and sail?

This is more Mary Celeste than Jaws

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
But Gazz, why would all people jump in? surely one would jump in, the third would navigate the boat to pick them up?

And sharks? if one person jumps in and gets eaten by a shark, you dont jump in to save the remains......

Again 3 experienced sailors wouldnt all jump in to be eaten by sharks.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If you also remember a few months ago a solo canoe tried to break the record and travel from sydney to NZ, but his canoe turned up full of equipment and in tip top shape but he was no where to be seen, again he just vanished.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Gazz's explanation is basically what I was thinking, but it does nothing to resolve my skepticism on this one. Can you imagine what the family is going through? Never knowing. At least if the bodies were recovered, the families could move on with their mourning. With out confirmation, part of you would always hang on to their memory and hold hope that by some stroke of luck, they are still alive.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a juvinile kraken looking for a meal yanked them off their boats. just kidding but not impossible who is to say a giant squid couldn't have got them. i really believe that both vessels got caught in a rogue wave out of nowhere.it would explain where the guys from caternaran went and their torn sail and the other boat being capsized.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
If you also remember a few months ago a solo canoe tried to break the record and travel from sydney to NZ, but his canoe turned up full of equipment and in tip top shape but he was no where to be seen, again he just vanished.

This should not have any bearing on the current situation with this 'ghost ship', as the two would be totally unrelated.

The instance with the canoe almost definately sounds like an accident of some type.

Shark attack? more plausible with a guy in a canoe, but a possibillity in both cases.

Imagine the little effort a 12-16 foot White would require to tip a canoe over... and not leave any marks on the canoe.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
i really believe that both vessels got caught in a rogue wave out of nowhere.it would explain where the guys from caternaran went and their torn sail and the other boat being capsized.

The problem with that is that there were loose items (clothing) on the deck, why werent these also washed over board. There was also fishing gear set up, surely a rogue wave would have washed all that away as well.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
If they had fishing gear then maybe one of them had a big fish on the hook, he yelled for the other two who were below (one cooking, one on the laptop) they both rush up to help their mate and they all get pulled over by the hooked fish. Marlins and Swordfish ARE really strong and pull people in all the time unless strapped in and attached to the boat. Being a catamaran there probably wasn't any way to strap yourself in when fishing and probably fished standing up. Being old men they got exhausted and couldn't swim to the running boat that left them.

or on a creepier note ....

There was an argument between them and someone pulled out a gun and ordered the other two into the water then shot them and they sank. Days later out of guilt and knowing he couldn't get away with it, while dinner was cooking and he was on the laptop just decided to get up and commit suicide by jumping over and shooting himself in the water.

Wonder if any letters or interesting messages are found on those laptops.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It seems now that the 2nd smaller boat just broke its mouring (from Indonesia I think) and drifted for three months, so no mystery there.

One down and one to go.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Any more news on this? It must be shocking for the families not having a clue what happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join