It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Official Declares Extraterrestrial Contact Is Real

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoww
No... all i am saying is he is not a hoax, and that his positions at the Vatican stand up to scrutiny.

Oh, in that case you're right. The man is indeed a person in the Vatican and his position(s) shouldn't be in debate.

I really wonder how this'll pan out.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Not sure, but look at the other recent comments, interviews and releases from the other people i have mentioned..
It is showing an incredible shift in Catholic thought.
Surely it must be relevant.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
i couldnt read every little tid bit of info, but the article is from 1998. It is now 2007 and nothing has happened. So what i dont understand is why is this being bought up now, as if something is going to happen soon?

I was just going to add that the article is so old that it smells. That is, it smells even worse than it did when it first appeared back in the Clinton Administration.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well, we will know for sure when somebody from ATS who speaks Italian interviews him.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
is it really that easy for a regular guy to call the vatican up and schedule an interview with a man of such importance?!?!

Ram

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I dunno if you found it - but here is the same news By: Richard Boylan, Ph.D.

04-04-1998

Oct 21, 1999:

Vatican UFO story challenged... and Boylan responds

04-04-1998
04-21-1999
04-20-2007

Well - now I found out also. It's a story that get's copy and pasted every once in a while.
Not the last card afterall..
Now take that dust of your coats - I say false alarm.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Ram]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
lol, i have stated i knew it had been reported before.
But he is doing more T.V. rounds recently..
That is where the initial report is from
here is the Vaticans number
that is it from Britain.
I spoke to a James Abbot earlier that told me quite a bit about Balducci..
He was very informative and helpful.

Some of you guys are so humorous..

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Shadoww, I don't want to come off harsh, but didn't you say you were going to stop posting after being flamed for your Google Earth post? Alternative news sources are good, but actual news sources are better, ya know? I would think its great if this was true, but the Vatican isn't very loose lipped about many things.. and something like this would be one of those topics that you don't talk about to the media.. So, long story short, I don't buy the source, but I don't discredit the picture.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I will post whatever i like.
After a U2U of a mod, certain things were explained to me that i have now taken on board.
I havent finished with the other thread either, but i believe this to be currently more important.
Time will be a good judge of my threads.
If you read all i have wrote and read all the links i give you will form a picture on my take of the world.
Im not a big head but i do have confidence, i have a high IQ and i would like to think i have a good take on some things..
As i said, time will judge me.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Shadoww]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

there are also multiple references in the thread to his work at the Vatican, including from the official Vatican newspaper and the Vaticans website.
His credentials are no longer being disputed.

There may be many references to his supposed work at the Vatican, but there aren't any proof.

I haven't seen any link or image from the Oservatore Romano with the interview.

His credentials may not be disputed, but one way of making hoaxes is using someone with real credentials as a way to attract other people without that person knowing it is being used in that way.

So, until I see some proof of all this I will wait. Patiently.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The interview wasnt with the Vatican observatory.
It has been recent multiple television appearances.
These online articles have been highlighting that and a change in Catholic philosophy concerning extraterrestrials.
In one of the interviews posted he is asked what is the Vaticans view on E.T.s, he states it is a sin not to believ in U.F.O.s and E.T.s as it is true and exists in some holy writings.
The organization he is involved with at the Vatican (links already posted, one official Vatican Paper" is the collection of data from U.F.O. sightings and Abduction cases it collects from world embassies.
It also deals with the issue of what will happen to the church in wake of a disclosure and is and has been involved in getting the vatican ready for this with the release of his information.
Link backing up the source.. actually his own admition in an interview..
The Vatican observatory site i posted have shown the Vatican and Nasa joining forces, and admit the research into e.t.s, it was infact posted that the Vatican was at the forefront in the worlds technology in the study of e.t.s and U.F.O.s
There are multiple statements by high ranking Vatican personnel stating the existence of U.F.O.s and E.T.s..
The vatican take it that serious, and with the statements released, and the fact this isnt been kept hidden, makes this look like a certain prelude to disclosure.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Shadoww]

Ram

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

original posted by Shadoww

lol, i have stated i knew it had been reported before.
But he is doing more T.V. rounds recently..
That is where the initial report is from
here is the Vaticans number
that is it from Britain.
I spoke to a James Abbot earlier that told me quite a bit about Balducci..
He was very informative and helpful.

Some of you guys are so humorous..

Initial story?! Anyone around here have ITALIA TV? speak up.

Vatican Admits on National Television that ET Contact is real

By: Richard Boylan, Ph.D.

Not Today: 4 april 1998

1 Monsignor Corrado Balducci, a Vatican theologian insider close to the Pope has gone on national Italian television five times in recent months to proclaim that extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon.

2 The prelate announced that the Vatican is receiving much information about extraterrestrials and their contacts with humans from its Nuncios (embassies) in various countries, such as Mexico, Chile and Venezuela. Monsignor Balducci said that he is on a Vatican commission looking into extraterrestrial encounters, and how to cope with the emerging general realization of extraterrestrial contact. Balducci provided the Catholic Church's analysis of extraterrestrials, emphasizing that extraterrestrial encounters "are NOT demonic, they are NOT due to psychological impairment, they are NOT a case of entity attachment, but these encounters deserve to be studied carefully." Since Monsignor Balducci is a Vatican expert exorcist, and since the Catholic Church has historically demonized many new phenomena that were poorly understood, his proclaiming the Vatican's non-censure of these encounters is all the more remarkable.

3 Balducci revealed to a visiting American clinical professional from the Academy of Clinical Close Encounter Therapists, that the Vatican is closely following this phenomenon.

4 Parallel information from MJ-12 scientist Dr. Michael Wolf suggests that the Vatican is concerned that it will have a major doctrinal updating situation on its hands when extraterrestrial contact becomes authoritatively announced by world governments over the next several years.

Forwarded by Richard Boylan, Ph.D.

Today: April 20, 2007

1 Monsignor Corrado Balducci, a theologian member of the Vatican Curia (governing body), and an insider close to the Pope, has gone on Italian national television five times, including recent months, to proclaim that extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon.

2 Balducci provided an analysis of extraterrestrials that he feels is consistent with the Catholic Church's understanding of theology. Monsignor Balducci emphasizes that extraterrestrial encounters "are NOT demonic, they are NOT due to psychological impairment, they are NOT a case of entity attachment, but these encounters deserve to be studied carefully." Since Monsignor Balducci is a demonology expert and consultant to the Vatican , and since the Catholic Church has historically demonized many new phenomena that were poorly understood, his stating that the Church does not censure these encounters is all the more remarkable.

3 Balducci revealed to a visiting American professional that the Vatican is closely following this phenomenon quietly. My informant originally surmised that the Vatican is receiving much information about extraterrestrials and their contacts with humans from its Nunciatures (embassies) in various countries. But subsequent information indicated that the Monsignor has gotten his cases from other sources. Monsignor Balducci is a member of a group which acts as consultants to the Vatican on various matters concerning humans in possible contact with supernatural beings. As such, the matter of extraterrestrial encounters would fall within their purview, and possibly as well the spiritual significance of the emerging general realization of extraterrestrial contact.

4 Parallel information from National Security Council scientist Dr. Michael Wolf , a member of the NSC's SSG subcommittee for managing the UFO phenomenon, as well as from noted author and Vatican expert Father Malachi Martin, suggests that the Vatican is concerned that it will have a major doctrinal updating situation on its hands when extraterrestrial contact becomes authoritatively announced by world governments over the next several years.

Sorry about the long quotes - But the initial story is the last quote? - what about the first?

Just look at it!. I made phrases in the text with bold - so you can see it's the same story - it has just been changed a bit.

By the way - Dr. Wolf He was the ultimate whistle blower on top secret government UFO contacts - he is dead I think - i dunno.

56 min - Apr 12, 2006 video

Mar 7, 2007 video

Sure this has somthing to do with DR.Wolf - I have no doubt.
Does anyone know about these connections. Do you shadoww - 'It would be great to make this story understand-able.

I think we should include Dr.Wolf in this story - because he is strange! indeed he is.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by Ram]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

In one of the interviews posted he is asked what is the Vaticans view on E.T.s, he states it is a sin not to believ in U.F.O.s and E.T.s as it is true and exists in some holy writings.

Having attended catholic schools for 12 years of my life, this is new to me. Guess I haven't kept up on religion and church affairs for a few decades. Will there be a new commandment added to cover this?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
DR WOLF ON HIS DEATHBED

Official Within UFO-Secrecy Management Group Reveals Insider Secrets By Dr. Richard Boylan, PhD

Dr. Michael Wolf has since 1979 served as consultant to the President and the National Security Council on extraterrestrial matters, and a member of the Majestic Twelve (MJ-12), UFO- secrecy management agency's, Special Studies Group, and has been leader of its lead agency, the Alphacom Team. Previously he has served as an Air Force Colonel, pilot, flight surgeon and counter-intelligence officer for the CIA and NSA. He has an M.D. in Neurology, a Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics and a D.Sc. in Computer Science. He is not a lightweight. Now dying of untreatable cancer, Dr. Wolf has decided to reveal what he has learned about the visiting extraterrestrial cultures to the world, "because we have a right to know."

His book, The Catchers of Heaven (1996) makes many well-informed revelations. Dr. Wolf states that the most important mission objective of his Alphacom Team is resumption of negotiations with the visiting extraterrestrials. In the 1950s, the U.S. administration entered into treaty terms with the so-called Grey extraterrestrials from the fourth planet of the star system Zeta Reticuli, but these treaties were never ratified as Constitutionally required.

The Greys shared certain of their technological advances with military/intelligence scientists, apparently often while prisoner "guests" within secure underground military installations in Nevada and New Mexico. The extraterrestrials have given the U.S. government some of their antigravity craft and a huge amount of fuel (element 115). On May 1, 1975 during one such technology exchange in Nevada, a demonstration of a small ET antimatter reactor, the lead Grey asked the Colonel in charge of the Delta Forces guarding the ETs to remove all their rifles and bullets from the room, (so that they would not accidentally discharge during the energy emissions.) The guards refused, and in the ensuing commotion a guard opened fire on the Greys. One alien, two scientists and 41 military personnel were killed.

One guard was left alive to attest that the ETs apparently used directed mental energy in self-defense to kill the other attacking Delta Forces. Dr. Wolf states that "this incident ended certain exchanges with (the Greys)." Military/intelligence scientists learned cloning techniques from the extraterrestrials. After perfecting cloning techniques on animals, Dr. Wolf and his associates cloned an artificial- intelligence human being, "J-Type Omega", as part of Project SENTINEL, an effort to create a superbright, superpowerful soldier who would follow orders without fear or question. The J-Type clone was terminated, because he would not follow an order to kill an innocent dog, because Dr. Wolf had surreptitiously programmed ethics into his artificial intelligence. Wolf notes that the extraterrestrials are not comfortable with the world money and power brokers' need for continuing world industrialization, which they see as headed towards planet- killing. Another of the Alphacom Team's missions is to determine "whether we can use the Ets' technology to restore this planet to its former pristine state of natural balance."

The ETs are also concerned about the massive proliferation of nuclear devices into many countries. Wolf states that other missions of the MJ12SSG's Alphacom Team are: to determine the number and types of ET visitors, the extent of visitation and the reasons, to learn about human interactions with extraterrestrials in the past and currently, the cultures of the various off world visitors, and how we can negotiate with them.

According to Dr. Wolf, several confederations of extraterrestrial civilizations are visiting us in loosely-coordinated fashion. These are: the Alliance (of human-looking ETs from the Altair Michael Wolf revelations, page 2 Aquila system), the Corporate (of Greys from the Zeta Reticuli system), the Federation of Worlds (of unspecified races from many star systems), and the United Races of Orion (cultures from those star systems). Further, the Alliance is in affiliation with the Corporate and with the Federation of Worlds.

The United Races of Orion are in affiliation with the Corporate, and, through them, with the Alliance and the Federation of Worlds. Dr. Wolf told of learning during a high-level briefing in the UK that the Vatican had been applying pressure concerning the possible announcement by President Clinton of UFO visitation. Of specific Vatican concern was "whether he will make reference to the extraterrestrial biological entities' data revealing in detail how religion was created and why." Wolf comments, "Rich organized religions feel threatened by such an announcement."

Perhaps Wolf's most startling revelation is that within the UFO Cover-Up there is a dark, covert renegade organization known as the "Cabal". He describes it as "well-orchestrated conspiratorial bevy of plotters ... top-heavy with the military, and headed by (a Navy Under- Secretary)." The paranoiac Cabal works against, and deliberately undermines, the goals of peaceful negotiations with the extraterrestrial visitors.

The Cabal uses Star Wars weapons to shoot down extraterrestrial spacecraft and overcome the ETS by military might. Wolf concludes by stating, "In all of my preparation as a scientist, nothing ever prepared me for our visitors. We must understand the complexity of the various forces at work on this planet, and yes, on others. Let us not forget multi-dimensionality and space-time distortions, and the spirituality we must regain. I feel I must also mention that spirituality is gaining strength on this planet, this Sol Three. But also is the evil. We have the power to sanction whatever is ...for a better good for mankind."

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
is it really that easy for a regular guy to call the vatican up and schedule an interview with a man of such importance?!?!

um hikix, while i respect everyone's opnions and all, people's egos will be bigger then there head. I guess i say this, just like what everyone says.
i think something big is going to happen, years later it doesn't. And were did good old debating go? My god stone's will be worshiped next, a little gullible ya know?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
maybe this is the part relevant to the thread.

Dr. Wolf told of learning during a high-level briefing in the UK that the Vatican had been applying pressure concerning the possible announcement by President Clinton of UFO visitation. Of specific Vatican concern was "whether he will make reference to the extraterrestrial biological entities' data revealing in detail how religion was created and why." Wolf comments, "Rich organized religions feel threatened by such an announcement."

Remember Clintons comment about U.F.O.s in Ireland??
Maybe they were very close to disclosure then..
Or maybe it was just the start of this gradual build up??

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So why does everyone think that Balducci would make first mention of all this with the blessing of the Church being clearly mentioned? Maybe the church wanted him to talk about it in the open to kind of test the waters. This way the church could change its official opinion without having to go official. When they decide the time has come they just back his words up with the Pope making some kind of statement.

I'm guessing the church wouldn't want to come out and blow the doors off of everyone and their beliefs by saying "by the way, we believe in ET." This would be a very delicate problem to deal with and the utmost caution would be taken. I think that the church having an expert "speaking on his own" would be the obvious way for word to get out at first. It's a form of damage control, if they need to they can just crucify Balducci and save face.

The church may not even know if ETs are real or not. This would be a safe way to get the word out so that if ET does end up being real they can seem prepared and in the know. They may be setting themselves up for one of many realities. Maybe all the recent ET talk has made them think about "what do we do if ET is real?" I'm guessing they would want to find a way to twist everything into their belief system.

This all seems to go hand in hand with how they should prepare for the possibility of ETs.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Interesting points MW, i go along with a lot of what you say, and think very much of it is true..
But i think the Vatican knows that E.T.s are real, that is why it spends massive amounts of cash on the latest technology in a dual programme with NASA..
But i agree damage limitation and eeking this out slowly seems to be their way of doing it..
If you see the Catholic rhetoric they are speaking, they have already come up with the church's responses for when it happens.
I think i have seen enough evidence that points to only one possibility.
The Vatican knows there is E.T.s and they also know it will be disclosed in the near future.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I do actually agree with you Shadoww. I just mention that they may not know to provide a different perspective.

I think that the Vatican knows about what's going on with all of this. Like you've stated, why would they spend so much money and go in on projects with NASA? The church has been in the know on more true history than any other organization. They are the ones who have shaped so much of what makes it into our history books. If anyone were to know the true story behind aliens I would imagine it to be the Roman Catholic Church.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Do space aliens have souls? Inquiring minds can check Jesuit's book

By Carol Glatz
Catholic News Service

VATICAN CITY (CNS) -- Galaxy-gazing scientists surely wonder about what kind of impact finding life or intelligent beings on another planet would have on the world.

But what sort of effect would it have on Catholic beliefs? Would Christian theology be rocked to the core if science someday found a distant orb teeming with little green men, women or other intelligent forms of alien life? Would the church send missionaries to spread the Gospel to aliens? Could aliens even be baptized? Or would they have had their own version of Jesus and have already experienced his universal or galactic plan of salvation?

Curious Catholics need not be space buffs to want answers to these questions and others when they pick up a 48-page booklet by a Vatican astronomer.

Through the British-based Catholic Truth Society, U.S. Jesuit Brother Guy Consolmagno has penned his response to what he says are questions he gets from the public "all the time" when he gives talks on his work with the Vatican Observatory.

Titled "Intelligent Life in the Universe? Catholic Belief and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligent Life," the pocket-sized booklet is the latest addition to the society's "Explanations Series," which explores Catholic teaching on current social and ethical issues.

Brother Consolmagno told Catholic News Service that the whole question of how Catholicism would hold up if some form of life were discovered on another planet has piqued people's curiosity "for centuries."

He said his aim with the booklet was to reassure Catholics "that you shouldn't be afraid of these questions" and that "no matter what we learn, it doesn't invalidate what we already know" and believe. In other words, scientific study and discovery and religion enrich one another, not cancel out each other.

If new forms of life were to be discovered or highly advanced beings from outer space were to touch down on planet Earth, it would not mean "everything we believe in is wrong," rather, "we're going to find out that everything is truer in ways we couldn't even yet have imagined," he said.

here is link
www.catholicnews.com...

And this is on Catholic News!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join