It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Official Declares Extraterrestrial Contact Is Real

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuzzingOn

Though this isn't 'breaking news' it is interesting that Balducci once again is speaking of ET's to the public through television and interviews. Why?Buzzz

Where is there any evidence of Balducci saying anything anywhere "again"? Where is there a "new" interview?

I haven't seen ANYTHING new at all in this in 9 years.

If Balducci is talking again, he is doing so as an individual NOT associated with the Vatican any longer. But again, please show me where he has been interviewed in the recent (less than 1 year would suffice) past as I have totally missed this and don't know of any interviews he has done since 1998.

If he hasn't done anything since the 1998 bits then i ask again, HOW is this relevant to anything?

Springer...

[edit on 4-24-2007 by Springer]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoww
It does throw in to question the Agenda of certain people in this thread..
The evidence provided is astonishing, and would stand up in court..

So?

What authority does the legal system have? It is a FLAWED system created by humans and ultimately, is swayed by the subjectivity of humans.

Don't even try to use a law court as an authority for the validity of evidence. People have been jailed for crimes they did not commit. People are free and walking the streets for crimes they did commit.

Courts of law are not the arbitrators of what can and should constitute good evidence, as they are insidiously flawed and deceptively evil tools of power control.

In all of these pages, has it been proven that Balducci spoke about UFOs/ET with the full authority and support of the Vatican?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
World Exclusive:

Monsignor Corrado Balducci says Mexico is blessed with UfO Sightings. He says he will continue be spokesman for the opening up of public opinion and church attention towards the people from the stars. "I will ask the Vatican to dedicate the religious feast day Christ, the King of the Universe to include "all its inhabitants"!

By Paola Leopizzi Harris
www.paolaharris.it
Rome March 28th 2006

There is a couple more in the thread also
link
www.paolaharris.it...

link to a 2006 podcast on same subject.
chris.pirillo.com...

The fastwalker video is also 2006

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Shadoww]

````````````````````
added 'ex' tags

please read Posting work written by others

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

www.ufodigest.com...
(please visit link for full story)
Monsignor Corrado Balducci, a theologian member of the Vatican Curia (governing body), and an insider close to the Pope, has gone on Italian national television five times, including recent months, to proclaim that extraterrestrial contact is a real phenomenon. Balducci provided an analysis of extraterrestrials that he feels is consistent with the Catholic Church's understanding of theology.......

Originally posted by Springer

If he hasn't done anything since the 1998 bits then i ask again, HOW is this relevant to anything? :puz

Springer...

As posted on page one from OP that started this thread with a provided link dated April 2007. If this IS old news brought forth to just be re-talked about, then this entire thread really has nothing signifficant to add to whats already been said 9 yrs ago and I agree isnt relevant to anything new.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
His 2005 visit to the X Conference in the U.S.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

MONSIGNOR BALDUCCI SETS THEME FOR X-CONFERENCE II

Humanity "the worst of all" in the Universe

In his preliminary report on X-Conference II, Stephen Bassett apologized for technical and translation problems which marred the keynote address of Monsignor Corrado Balducci, a Vatican prelate and demonologist who has publicly acknowledged the reality of intelligent extraterrestrial life and champions the importance of witness testimony.

There was more that Bassett could have apologized for.

Balducci, on his first visit to the United States in 38 years, was given a hero's welcome by X-Conference attendees and the keynote banquet was completely sold out, with people crowding into the hotel ballroom to hear his pronouncements.

link
www.cosmicintel.com...

```````````````````````````
Trimmed cut/paste

Please read Posting work written by others

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Have you read my last 2 posts.
The thread is not just about Balducci, although he is a big part of it..
There are old links and new links..
All of them are relevent and in context.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

World Exclusive:

Monsignor Corrado Balducci says Mexico is blessed with UfO Sightings. He says he will continue be spokesman for the opening up of public opinion and church attention towards the people from the stars. "I will ask the Vatican to dedicate the religious feast day Christ, the King of the Universe to include "all its inhabitants"!

By Paola Leopizzi Harris
www.paolaharris.it
Rome March 28th 2006

There is a couple more in the thread also
link
www.paolaharris.it...

Perfect! That's what I was looking for!
Thanks Shadoww.

Unfortunately it leaves me non-plussed since most of the "Mexican Sightings" have been fully explained or discovered.

I quote NARCAP's Ted Roe here:

The simple truth was that the flight was recreated and the prosaic source of the observations (oil flares in the Gulf of Campeche ) was confirmed. Yet the case lives on in the media, in books, and on the stages of UFO conferences around the world.

from here: www.narcap.org...

Mr. Roe is talking about how the Mexico story lives on and on and on inspite of haveing been perfectly and irrefutably explained as have several of the others...

When one reduces the total of the "Mexican Sightings" down to the few remaining that have not been explained (yet?) one must wonder why Fr. Balducci used Mexico in this context.

That being said, the man was a "player" in the Vatican, of that there is no doubt, he did come out in '98 and make the claims with the obvious association of the Vatican attached to them regardless of the PR disclaimers which brings us right back where we started.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
If he hasn't done anything since the 1998 bits then i ask again, HOW is this relevant to anything?

Springer...

I think you hit the nail on the head Springer. This is an old, old debate that is being brought up to stir interest. Not only has this thread not introduced any new information, but it is based on second rate sources and ill-conceived theories. If you'll take a loot at the "hot topics" you'll see that the OP has done this time and time again. The most suprising part about the whole thing however is that people keep biting. Sensationalism at its best..

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here is an interesting interview where Balducci states the true secret of Fatima...
I have translated from Italian.
also 2006
the part they kept hidden was the collapse of the church, and world war.

The Third Message of the Madonna di Fatima:
Shape or Substance?

Interview to the Monsignor Corrado Balducci.

What of it thinks about the operosità Extraterrestre on our Planet?

Monsignor Balducci: Today it is spoken about migliaia about worlds lives to you, and this is one certainty. There is the verse of Salmo 23, that it says: “Of the Getlteman it is the Earth and how much contains, the universe and its inhabitants”. And then also the director of the Astronomical Observatory Vatican in these days ribadito this truth accepted from the church.

link
[url=[url=http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.edicolaweb.net/nonsoloufo/nonsolo.htm&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=7&ct=result&pr ev=/search%3Fq%3Dcorrado%2Bbalducci%2Binterview%2B2006%26start%3D70%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US
fficial%26sa%3DN]link[/u rl]

My question is, if the Vatican chose him to disclose Fatima? isnt this what he is doing on U.F.O.s??
``````````````````````````
Bad link stretching page

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
erm..
Does anyone not realize?
At least 75% of the links are post 98.
A lot in the last 18 months.

Springer asked a question.
Answer - No sorry pal , you are wrong.. the majority of this thread is based on new findings, with Balducci as well as Consolmagno.
I do appreciate your interest.
But you would of realized it yourself if you had researched the thread.

The reason my threads are popular is because they are full of good debate, good arguments... and much proof..
We will see who will have the last laugh on these threads.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I agree totally with your last statement Springer..
Theres a lot more stuff.
But he is credible.
And we should take his words seriously.
If he says he is on a commission at the Vatican, to help the Church deal with disclosure, i have no reason to disbelieve him.
This much means:

Aliens are definitely real
There will be disclosure

with the Mexican thing, he was talking in the context if they were real..
He hadnot seen them..
He thought if it was true, they must be blessed.
this is only one part of the speech.
The point of me posting it was to prove he is still doing stuff, after you questioned it.

````````````````````````
Shadoww... you have a U2U

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
With the Church's long history of manipulation and deceit, any official or non-official statement from the Vatican on the existence of ET's makes me inclined to believe in them even less. They'll use any pop-cult fads in whatever means necessary to their advantage.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I sure cant wait when the ufos finally decide to land, I would like to see how the vatican will describe heaven, seems like theres a lot more than human spirits up there.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
This is a bunch of hooey IMHO... Now we have Salla being used as a "credibility extension" and that blows it out of the water for me.

These people are ALL trying to make something out of nothing for reasons only they (and I suspect their accountants) know. Paola seems to be an honest person but she accepts everything anyone tells her as long as it is "out there" and attracts attention, based on what I've seen of her work, and Salla is, well... I'll just not say any more...

After looking into this, it appears as though Balducci was hustled up out of his quiet retirement and offered the "spotlight" again to dredge up that OLD AND TIRED line he had going back in 1998. Which NOTHING has come of in 9 years.

THERE IS NOTHING NEW HERE AT ALL. Balducci is saying the EXACT SAME THING HE SAID IN 1998 with a little contemporary, worthless LORE tossed in to make it seem new to "make it play".

The mere fact he made such a comment about the Mexico stuff without understanding anything about the facts tells me all I need to know about this bollocks.

Someone is trying to sell a DVD with ZERO REGARD or CARE for REALITY, LOGIC or genuine research and that is CRAP!

Springer...

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Your bang out of order.
I have no agenda to sell DVD's for anyone.
What about Consolmagnos work?
What about the book the Vatican commissioned him to publish??
What about the comments posted by the other Jesuit priests in this thread?
Coyne for example?
What about Balducci's own words on T.V. and on the Fastwalker vid?
Why isnt there official denial from the Vatican?
Why has the Vatican changed its policy to incorporate E.T.s??

Come on Springer??
Where is your evidence for any of this??
Completely wrong, and a lie to state i am trying to sell DVD's

Why would you say such things??
Salla wasnt being used for credibility?????
He was being used to show there was new developments with Balducci.

There is a lot more to this thread than just Balducci, even though he is very significant.
The main point is the Vaticans shift in policy and the stuff added to their doctrine to deal with disclosure.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Shadoww]

[edit on 25-4-2007 by Shadoww]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
fantastic article from a Catholic site pondering the Church's change in views and historical beliefs in Extraterrestrial life

Alien Ideas
Christianity and the Search for Extraterrestrial Life
By Benjamin D. Wiker

We tend to consider speculation about extraterrestrials to be a recent phenomenon, a task forced on us by the scientific knowledge we’ve gained during the last century. It’s rather surprising, perhaps, to find out that the debate about whether there is extraterrestrial life stretches back just shy of two and a half millennia.

Given the antiquity of the question, we might be even more surprised to find that the Catholic Church has never issued any formal pronouncement, one way or the other, about the existence of extraterrestrial life.

Yet unofficial pronouncements have recently come from respected sources connected to (but not speaking for) the Vatican. Rev. George Coyne, director of the Vatican Astronomic Observatory, considers the possibility of extraterrestrials an "exciting prospect, which must be treated with caution.... The universe is so large that it would be folly to say that we are the exception." Rev. Christopher Corbally, S.J., another astronomer at the Vatican Observatory, believes that if we discover extraterrestrials, it will entail an expansion of our theology, for "while Christ is the First and the Last Word (the Alpha and the Omega) spoken to humanity, he is not necessarily the only word spoken to the whole universe."

Theologians have weighed in as well. Thomas O’Meara, O.P., professor of theology at Notre Dame, argues, "The history of sin and salvation recorded in the two testaments of the Bible is not a history of the universe; it is a particular religious history on one planet." For O’Meara, "the central importance of Jesus for us does not necessarily imply anything about other races on other planets.... Believers must be prepared for a galactic horizon, even for further Incarnation."

link
www.crisismagazine.com...

````````````````````````
Added 'ex' tags for external material

Please read Posting work written by others

[edit on 25/4/07 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I would rather be eaten by magots than go to court with some of you on the jury.

Shadoww is doing what he should be.....raising these questions again. They were never answered properly.

I also do not trust the vatican. Balducci could be speaking out because he may have had some sort of spirityal revival, or he is just plain feeling dirty and wants to come clean with what he knows.

I spent time on this last evening..... What I got is that world leaders will make noise about it, but they will never really come clean. I know others have seen this also, however in response to my query, I was told not to worry about this. ET will bring their own disclosure, which will leave no room for doubt as to what we can expect......all good, if you have no shamefull deeds to hide from.

The major religions will try to take credit, but the full extent of what we experience after death and our complete Earth's history, will be made known with no room for debate. It will be a complete, unquestionable disclosure.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It is obvious we have been visited now by advanced alien lifeforms and most probabally by more than just one species for a very long time now, just do a google search on medieval ufo paintings, what I pesonally find so interesting is that they never have been aggressive towards us, its seems like the question of proper morality towards other lifeforms is the rule of the thumb, which suggests they are at peace with each other and have a common agreement
between them. We will have a lot to learn from them when they do finally invite us in thier galactic community. The great religions will be upset when this happens because they will know that thiers days of power and knowledge will be over. Jesus will be very happy looking down from heaven because finally he will know that we are being taught and brought back on the right path by creatures of peace. The vatican must be secretly very worried and probabally can sense something is coming and soon. All I have to say is sit back, and fasten you seatbelts. Im a ufo witness myself, the first contact type, ufo and lifeform encounter, after having studied for many years in the soester archive in germanies oldest archive, Im very upset with what the vatican has done inorder to cover up some of the worlds great secrets, and the ufo phenomena is just one of them.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Relax, deep breaths.

If you have no connection to the DVD then I was NOT talking about you was I?

After reviewing the CONTENT of these "new" discussions with Balducci, it is obvious they pulled him out to have something (ANYTHING) that would cause a stir or "buzz" for their DVD. There is NOTHING NEW in anything Balducci is saying, it's the exact same things he said 9 years ago.

I would also like to point out that there is nothing wrong with trotting the old guy out and re interviewing him for a new video. That's pretty smart marketing.

All I am saying is that there is nothing close to a revelation here, or "change of policy" by the Vatican at all. It's exactly what it was 9 years ago except some "new faces" have been added to the coat tails.

9 years ago Balducci said "the Vatican knows alien contact is real", or something to that effect, and NOTHING HAPPENED SINCE. Your latest quoted article in your last post is 5 years old for Pete's sake.

Now in my mind, if the Vatican had a policy change and was disclosing what it knew of alien contact we would have heard about it within those ensuing 9 years.

The Vatican is a political machine of huge power, I wouldn't trust much of what comes out of that machine by way of "disclosure" about anything.

Call me crazy, but I just don't see why this worth rehashing after 9 years of nothing just because some of the fringe wannabes of "Ufology" made a DVD about it. I TOTALLY understand why the filmmakers think it's worth discussing however.

The bottom line is, you asked for our opinions on this, well, now you have mine.

Springer...

[edit on 4-25-2007 by Springer]

niv

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I've done a quick google on Consolmagno and didn't find any admissions on aliens. What I mostly found were interesting comments (he seems to be an interesting person) about aliens from this Vatican astronomer but as a hypothetical (ie - if we find life). Is this what you (Shadoww) are referring to or did you find a link to some personal admissions on the existence of aliens from Consolmagno.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join