It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper: I Wouldn't Help Police Catch A Serial Killer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Edit: Apologies Intrepid. I was making a comment on Mr. Mx's posting of the Chris Rock sketch, and his allusion to the two "types" of black people.

No worries man. This is the first discussion here about race that actually made sense.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK guys can we go about this topic without "ignorant n*ggas"? Please. This is ATS.

Thank you that was needed,

Some are getting carried away personally

My intent of this topic was not race it was human arrogance if you will and or their lack of care for mankind in general.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Mr,
The problem is that you accuse the hip hop community of being violent, and ignorant. When it should be obvious that there are as many different types of rappers as there are different types of people.

I’m only going by what many in the hiphop community states. Many times I’ve heard that rap is a type of music and that hiphop is a way of life. And that way of life is violence and drugs.
An example Will Smith is a rapper, while Shug Knight would be hiphop.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Actually Mr, it's the other way around. And it's more like Sug Night would be rap, Mos Def would be Hip-Hop, and Will Smith would be Disney.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
My intent of this topic was not race it was human arrogance if you will and or their lack of care for mankind in general.

What do you mean by that? That's pretty open ended. I could point out death metal bands that do the same and they are 99.9% white.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

and Will Smith would be Disney.

Yeah but you can "slide" to the Prince's tunes.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Actually Mr, it's the other way around. And it's more like Sug Night would be rap, Mos Def would be Hip-Hop, and Will Smith would be Disney.

LOL and with that I officially concede defeat, that was the best.
I do want to point out one thing though; I did not mean it to seem that there are two kinds of black people, nor put down Black people. Just that there are some in the hardcore thug community I don’t care for, and what they do to society.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Oh believe me, I hate ignorant rap too. However, much of it is produced by people outside of the black community. And considering that Clear Channel communications only allows certain music on the air, and that music is the same stuff that is doing the most damage to the name of Hip-Hop and rap, I submit that it's a corporate conspiracy to destroy any music that has any meaning or substance.

It's not limited to rap. Remember the list that they put out on 9/12?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
some of these mainstream rappers are rediculous. Corrupting the true meaning of what hip-hop is!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Rasobasi420 I will make Th's short because it is slightly off topic.

If you feel rappers are so good how on earth can you sit there and defend them when the majority of them are using foul and obsessive language while at the same time degrading humans?

Now I know you are going to say they are not all bad with that I would agree but I am talking about those few that are singing their music (cough) to degrade others?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Hip hop never used to be like that, it was after the corporate music world got involved that certain genres of hip hop were promoted, leaving more scathing social commentary in the dust left by exploiting some rather base aspects of human nature.

I find the corporate encouragement for black people and rebellious youth of all colors to identify themselves as women raping, cop hating gangsters rather a similar phenomena as encouraging middle aged white women with leisure time to regard every every instance of trauma and abuse as evidence of mind control interference. Or the promotion of vapid one dimensional blondes as sex objects. It's corporate crap.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And considering that Clear Channel communications only allows certain music on the air, and that music is the same stuff that is doing the most damage to the name of Hip-Hop and rap, I submit that it's a corporate conspiracy to destroy any music that has any meaning or substance.

It's all about MONEY. THEY don't care about the music, or the message, all they care about is the bottom line. $$$$ I can prove it. How the hell did Vanilli Ice get a record deal?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

No. what list?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Rasobasi420 I will make Th's short because it is slightly off topic.

If you feel rappers are so good how on earth can you sit there and defend them when the majority of them are using foul and obsessive language while at the same time degrading humans?

I think you may be a bit misinformed on the subject shots. You say majority, but I'm guessing all you know is what you've heard on the radio, and what you see on TV. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but TV is not the be all, end all. And I'll also point out that TV and Radio will not air music that puts them down, and talks about the corrupt organizations that they are. I'm defending those who are judged by people like you, who's only experience is with what clearchannel tells them is the genre.

Now I know you are going to say they are not all bad with that I would agree but I am talking about those few that are singing their music (cough) to degrade others?

Please explain what you mean by degrade. Some musicians, like Bob Dylan, sing music to degrade those who commit injustice in the world. Why is Bob Dylan any different than Immortal Technique?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Take a look at The Who's "Who are You". Circa 1976. The first top 10 hit with the gratuitous use of the "F" word. Also note the works of Frank Zappa. And that was WAY before rap or hip hop was close to being around.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Bottom line is it's all about sales. You make me money, I release your next CD. Thus the publicity junk. It's also a GREAT division amongst the populous. Using the "us against them" crap. STOP! Don't allow it.

That's exactly what I think.
Seriously, think about it folks.

This guy (whether you like him/respect him or not) made some comments strictly to improve his selling potential.
It doesn't matter if he believes it or not, the fact that he made it a point to say it publicly makes it a publicity stunt.

It's all about making money.
He doesn't care if you believe it or not.
Just as long as you're willing to shell out your bucks to buy his cd's, shirts and so on.
If nothing else, it's brilliant marketing.
It, like Intrepid so plainly stated, only really causes division.
Look at what's going on between you folks, especially you Rasobasi, Shots & Enjoies.
Don't be taken as fools by this stunt.

link   
like the saying goes "you can take the out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of the ."

but still aww cam'ron..dissapointed.

Mod note: Do not circumvent the censors, especially after Intrepid asks everybody to back off from that kind of language.

[edit on 20-4-2007 by The Vagabond]

link   

Originally posted by Mr Mxyztplk

No. what list?

THe List

Note: All songs by Rage Against The Machine were disallowed. Hence, no political commentary, nothing about the state of affairs in America, just crap that doesn't mean anything.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Yeah but you can "slide" to the Prince's tunes.

LOL!!!

How bout some old time Go-Go from the 80's, great for dancing

Trouble Funk - Drop the Bomb

E.U. - Da Butt

Great times the 80's

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

Great times the 80's

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Hated the 80's pop, I like my music harder. Will was lite cool, danceble. Tone Loc had a cool voice. My music of choice in this genre was Body Count though. T did it imo. Listen to BC with an open mind. Screw Cam'ron.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join