It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have no sympathy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct

I'm happy I live in Ohio where we are allowed to carry concealed weapons with a permit!

Yeah, we are here in Texas as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oh I just realised what this is, the OP isn't about guns, or being antiwar.

This thread is about hating America and Americans with a blind stereotypical hate and trying to pin some sort of blood lusted war loving mind set unto us.

I understand now.

Such a vivid green.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Its like arguing with a brick wall.

Whatever.

Gun envy?

Jesus christ.
Yeah im gutted I dont own a gun that my kids could get hold of.
But that wouldnt happen to you would it?

Ironically, I actually like America, (mostly shallow things I admit) your movies, music and literature are some of the best in the world.

Its your interpretation of the 2nd amendment that I dont agree with.
Im just saying that there has to be a structured vetting system that blocks people like Cho owning a gun. Remember he wouldnt of killed 32 people with just a knife.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Try and yank my gun and a bullet WILL go in your direction, one shot one kill. I for one DO NOT (again) DO NOT trust the government. If they take our guns it is because they want total martial law and to wipe out all the ones they deem "unfit" for society. In short anyone with a brain. I love guns, I love the WW2 guns, Vietnam guns and modern guns. They are FASCINATING! Do I go outside and shoot someone for standing on my lawn? No! You know who kills people the most in the USA since you OBVIOUSLY DO NOT LIVE HERE! GANGS! The city in my state: Albuquerque printed a list of driveby shootings for the year, 3 pages in the newspaper. Gang warfare at its best.
As someone else said and I will say: turn off your TV's, put down FASHION magazine or whatever it is you read wherever you are and put down your stupid newspapers and get a grip. Then come visit the USA and walk around on the streets. Your chances of being shot are MINIMAL unless you a total moron who flaunts their money and "wealth" if you happen to have any.

We "yankees" have a simple policy when it comes to guns: When someone tries to kill you, you try and kill them right back! They get out a sick, pull a knife, they get out a baseball bat, get a crowbar, they pull out a .45, pull out that "street sweaper" you keep concealed under that trenchcoat. Be darned if I am going to have someone yank a gun on me and hope they have mercy enough not to shoot, I would rather see who is the faster draw and make sure I at least take them down WITH me.
A society without weapons is a society that is easily subjugated by force. Look at what happened to Tibet when China attacked: no guns, had to make last minute imports and never had a clue how to use them= Tibet is now occupied by China and Tibetans were and are massacared as wel as the fact they are still being tortured.

Anyone on here who wants to see us "yankees" stripped of our guns needs to come here and say that to our faces NOT on a forum where your protected. Why? Do that here and someone will SLUG you if not laugh so hard they have a heart attack along with anyone in earshot of your statement.

Take our guns: only the criminals will have the guns. I agree with others on here who are American: those of you who want to take our guns away are FOOLS and have NOT A CLUE about reality. Also the fact your using the death of 32 people to further your own sick twisted cause.

Up yours to whoever wants to take our right to keep and bear arms away. If you do not like America: then stay the heck out! Its that easy! Dont like it, dont even bother to set foot here. You have your own nation already, so why and be an imperialist and try and force your agendas on us? Yeesh, I am so sick of foreigners trying to proclaim what we should and should not do. Then they go and whine when the US government does the same. DOUBLESPEAK! DOUBLETHINK! Thats all it is.

Oh last comment: You foreigners who want to take our guns away: PLEASE VISIT A GUN SHOP IN THE USA AND SAY THAT! Lets see how far you get.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod

Jesus christ.
Yeah im gutted I dont own a gun that my kids could get hold of.
But that wouldnt happen to you would it?

That would make you an irresponsible idiot (might not need children in that case). I can't help you if so.

I enjoy your passive aggressive remarks

Its your interpretation of the 2nd amendment that I dont agree with.
Im just saying that there has to be a structured vetting system that blocks people like Cho owning a gun. Remember he wouldnt of killed 32 people with just a knife.

When or where did I give my interpretation of the 2nd amendment, rather than you oh say projecting what you wished I believed about it unto me. So he couldn't have killed 32 ppl with out a gun huh?

Couldn't have used a car, or made a bomb, or poisoned, can only be achieved with a gun right?

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Vekar, I wish I had WATS left for this month. I may come back to this thread next month just to give you one for your post. You explained most American mindset about their government and about the government's around the world very well.
Summed up: WE DON'T Trust Them. NONE OF THEM.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
That would make you an irresponsible idiot (might not need children in that case). I can't help you if so.

I enjoy your passive aggressive remarks

[edit on 19-4-2007 by Lysergic]

Lysergic, be careful... Moderators are watching. I know this is an emotional topic for most, but, well, I am just trying to look out for you.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Because you like our movies, music, and literature, you think you know us? Sorry, movies, music, and literature give only a very shallow view of our country. Visit, travel outside of the big cities into Middle America, get to know some of us. Then maybe, just maybe you'll begin to understand us.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by tom goose
the sneekiod is right

Sorry yankees, but i think your guns need to be yanked.

a

Let them try to "yank" our guns. Let them... Some Americans are licking their chops at the prospect of it. Seriously, when they, as in our government, make the attempt to take our guns away, there will be much blood shed and it won't be the blood of innocence.

Thats why with comments and attitudes like that, I started this thread.
YOU are a threat to society, and theres no place for people like you who drool at the thought of firing a gun at another human being.

CX

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Whilst i'm not sure i'd have worded my view quite the same, i have to agree with sneakoid also.

However i would'nt attack gun owners of the US for owning weapons that they really don't need. Blame the people who could quite easily change the laws if it bothered them enough.

The million dollar question is how far do you go in banning guns?

This is just my own personal opinion, but i would say the weapons the average joe just does'nt need as a citizen or sportsman. I'm talking about large callibre sniper rifles, auto and semi auto rifles...that kind of thing.

Leave those for the agencies who need them.

Don't kid yourself that you are still defending a country, to be honest i think the US is as bad as the UK sometimes, you don't need anyone to attack your country as we'll end up doing enough damage to ourselves!

Then again, no-one can say for sure whats round the corner. Can you ever see the US being invaded by a foriegn force and you needing to use your arms? I can't, but if it happens then i guess you'll at least have something better than a fireside poker to beat them off with.

I'm not talking as someone who is anti-gun. I have owned handguns whilst in the forces prior to returning to the UK. I like guns, and particpated in many sporting events involving firearms as a result. I just don't see the need for the heavy artillery that many people own in the US.

All this said, in my mind i'd be happy for people to legally own handguns if obtained through strict guidelines, but it's just taken a kid with two handguns to kill dozens of people. It was the Dunblane massacre over here which led to a hangun ban, so maybe handguns are too much too?

Such a hard thing to solve or at least make better.

I think this is something that will never be sorted. Some will say you just need to stop the nutjobs owning guns, but many a sane, business type, family man has snapped with a gun because he had a bad day.

All i can say is best of luck to all over the pond. Too many spoil it for the rest. No offence is meant to any of the members here in what i say, like i said it's just my opinion and one i know many people think is drivel lol

We are an intelligent species, take all the fireams away and we'll only improvise to make other stuff to kill with. Some of the most deadly martial art weapons were farming tools, where does it end?

Time for a cuppa methinks!

CX.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
We've been having a lively and rather informative debate on this very subject.

www.abovepolitics.com...

Just for the record, I do have some sympathy, and the issue is not as clear cut as you might think.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
People, please.

The Second Amendment reads:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The people who wrote the Constitution had recently accomplished a civilian overthrow of a state-sponsored military, and were attempting to set up a government that the people would support. The people were very suspicious of what form of government that might be. The Bill of Rights was written because the States wouldn't get behind the constitution without it.

Whats the definition of militia? It's not the military. "Milita: civilians trained as soldiers but not part of the regular army." (Definition is from Princeton's Wordnet.)

The state needs a military. Defending the people is one of the clear, legitimate uses of government. But, it's possible that, at some point, the military will turn on us, the people. After all, that exact thing happened to us during the Revolution.

Because the military may turn on the people at some point, the Second Amendment provided the people of the day peace of mind so that they need not fear being unopposedly oppressed by another authoritarian government.

The Second Amendment should also be paramount to every American who believes any one of the many government conspiracy theories which fill page after page here.

And to the OP: You have no sympathy for the families who lost loved ones, because of a government-sactioned law? I suppose you also have no sympathy for the victims of the Holocaust, because the Jews should have known better than live in Germany, which brought to power a government which supported their destruction.

How calloused can you possibly be?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

[
Thats why with comments and attitudes like that, I started this thread.
YOU are a threat to society, and theres no place for people like you who drool at the thought of firing a gun at another human being.

Really, not even oppressors,eh? Hmmm, you have an interesting ideology. An interesting ideology indeed.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The second amendment says that the militia has the right to bare arms to defend their country against attack.

So why have a crazy law that allows anyone to carry a concealed gun in school? Or anywhere for that matter? They are not the army.

Im suprised this doesnt happen a whole lot more in the USA.

With this knee jerk reaction of "we have the right to bare arms" cry, you have brought this on yourselves by defending the right for any sicko to carry a gun.

Not that I would ever carry a gun, but if you have an open mind, check out this article by Anne Culter, yeah I know, she's a bitch, but she frames the argument for carrying perfectly.

www.humanevents.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

We've been having a lively and rather informative debate on this very subject.

www.abovepolitics.com...

Just for the record, I do have some sympathy, and the issue is not as clear cut as you might think.

Budski, your thread is indeed much better than this one. This thread has just been nothing but a name calling, # throwing contest. The OP started out that way. So, that's what he/she wanted, and that's what he/she got. Budski, you are reasonible and I applaud you for that.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If everyone at that school was to have a Hand Gun; what do you think the reaction would have been instead of teachers baracading themsleves up against doors to try and keep the kid out of classrooms. Some of which actually passed away themselves.

Maybe it should become policy that each teacher should Arm themselves at school. Since they are becoming a WAR ZONE. Why don't we counter act it with something of such ... as ... every teacher is required to take a Hand gun Class and learn how and why it is neccisary to learn how to operate such devices.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

I will not willingly give up my right to own firearms, nor will I get rid of them simply in the delusional hope that the badguys out there will ignore me if I ignore them...what kind of reasoning is that anyway? Ostrich head in the sand comes to mind.

A lot of americans don't think that shooting their problems is the way to go. If foriegners have bought into that idiotic notion and stereotype let them. I know the reality.

this is why a lot of people reject american attitudes, you think that you dont have to be told what to do by your government, yet you obey when they tell you to go destroy another nation for resources.

you never gave yourself the right to bare arms that was given to you and it surly can be taken away, unless you think your just going shoot anyone that tries in which case i rest mine.

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Let them try to "yank" our guns. Let them... Some Americans are licking their chops at the prospect of it. Seriously, when they, as in our government, make the attempt to take our guns away, there will be much blood shed and it won't be the blood of innocence.

thank you speakerof, you made point very clear. your all potential criminals with guns.

Lysergic, i want to reply but you didn't make a single point worth replying to, BTW Holland is not in North America. and Duex EX has obviously wathced too much amercan television and does not value the peace that he will leave behind here.

Originally posted by intrepid
Tom, I don't know where you get your stats at man but we've got a pretty good murder rate going it the Toronto area. That being said what does any of that have to do with the topic?

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention that I own firearms.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by intrepid]
i was refering to those that did not have it coming, not the murder rate, gang members kill gang members all the time here too. very few "innocent people" die from gun violence in canada. you can translate that how you like, but those that live by the sword, die by the sword, im sure you have heard before.

and can you argue that most of the illigal weapons and shaddy caracters are coming from south of our border.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
im from europe finland, and ive been watchin these gun laws threads for some few days now and im with the americans their are so many guns in the u.s and corrporations wont stop making them because they makes billions of dollars for makin the guns so their will allways be guns for the criminals so if u take the guns away from the law obeying ppl they cant protect them selfs when ppl rapes them or whatever but someone said that americans and guns is the same as japan and sushi i agree here in finland their has never been so many guns but now and then criminal gangs in finland (their r only 6 if i remember right) kills some one with a gun as a weapon but the legal ones have no weapons to protect them selfs with here in finland

i only know one guy who has killed some one he used a knife cuz u can kill ppl with knifes belive it or not gunz arent the only weapon

sorry 4 all the misspelings

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

the militia has the right to bare arms to defend their country against attack.

No it doesn't say that specifically. It says - and I quote - "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

It says NOTHING specific about defending the country against attack. It has to do with security of a free State. That means everything from defending against foreign invasion to defending our homes against criminals. It's also there so that politicians will know that American citizens are armed .. and so the politicians will be less inclined to try to become dictators, etc etc.

It's there for a very good purpose.

So why have a crazy law that allows anyone to carry a concealed gun in school? Or anywhere for that matter?

Get a grip.

- It's not a 'crazy law'. It's our CONSTITUTION, the bedrock of this country.

- And it doesn't allow "ANYONE to carry a gun" to use your quote. People have to be screened in order to purchase weapons.

- and it doesn't allow guns in schools. Guns are outlawed from schools - and there is a gun-free zone around most of them.

defending the right for any sicko to carry a gun.

:shk: You know NOTHING of the laws in this country.

You are a trigger happy war mongering nation and its no suprise that the rest of the world sees you that way.

Your anti-American sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeering is disgusting.

BTW - we DON'T CARE what othe countries think of us.

With this knee jerk reaction

:shk: Actually YOU are the one with a knee jerk reation.

Originally posted by Dock6
OP - your ... seem to be exploiting this tragedy to vent problems of your own

That's for sure.

Originally posted by tom goose
the sneekiod is right

Nope. He's not even close. Dock6 nailed it.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The second amendment was written in order to protect us from our own gov't., as were all the other amendments. The framers of the Constitution had living memories of an oppressive gov't. doing as it pleased. The freedoms enumerated by the Constitution protect us from an overweening gov't bent on oppression.

When one freedom is removed, which one is next? Speech? Religion? Voting? Which one will be next to be abolished? The same reason you all are giving will be the one given then. It's for your protection, and the protection of others.

As for "obeying" the gov't. in all things. Yeah right. If I agree with it, sure...if I don't...I won't. I have a line I will not cross, not for love or money...everyone does, and if the gov't. tells me to...all bets are off. Which is the way it should be.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by seagull]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join