It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USS Eisenhower - EA-6B Prowler - Squadron Commander is Relieved of Command

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is a very strange removal, the Captain just took command on April 7, five days later an investigation started and he was removed “due to a loss of confidence in his ability to command” , How in the world could they come to this conclusion so soon, or if someone knew of an upcoming investigation, how could they put him in command in the first place?

I have seen and been in units where this has happened but I have never seen it occur this expeditiously. Very strange.

Link
LINK

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Isn't the Eisenhower in the Gulf right now?

Maybe he was tasked with orders that he thought were not appropriate, or perhaps even legal, given their current location and high levels of tension in the area. Just a thought

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Isn't the Eisenhower in the Gulf right now?

Yes, it is going to be replaced by the USS Nimitz which is enroute, I think it left SanDiego Apr 2, I don't know how long it takes to get there.

I was wondering the same thing, the Captain is now in Norfolk, VA awaiting completion of the investigation, which may end up with charges being filed against the former squadron commander.

Something seems odd about this firing.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Since he was the Cmdr of the electronic/radar jamming equipment........maybe he was commiting espionage, selling the US secrets to Iran.

Also, as per the article, he has not been fired...yet.....only temporairly reassigned until the investigation is complete......he may still be the Cmdr in the future.

[edit on 19-4-2007 by ferretman2]

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Maybe he wasnt happy and voiced concerns on what he'd been advised he'd be doing, shortly?

Maybe he voiced his concerns, and they realised if they are to do, what we all perceive they are going to do, that they couldnt have anyone with any doubts, or moral inclination for 'humane practices' in charge of anything...

just my opinion.

He got through all that raining, did all those acts, to become commander of a nuclear air craft carrier....

he knew what he was doing, he had confidence, he did or said something that they didnt like.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
He wasn't the Cmdr of the Nuclear Air Craft Carrier. Only the Cmdr. of the electronics/jamming planes/equipment.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
There was probably something that happened relating to his squadron. Someone pulled some huge prank, or did something incredibly stupid. They say things roll downhill, unless you're the commander.
As squadron commander he was ultimately responsible for keeping his squadron in line. If he didn't do that, he deserved to be relieved.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
If he didn't do that, he deserved to be relieved.

One week in charge is hardly a significant amount of time to evaluate anyone's ability to command, and the Navy is usually very, very, picky on choosing their Commanders in the first place.

I understand what your opinion states, in this case it doesn't add up to normal activity.

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
It's also going to depend on what happened. I've heard of cases in the USAF where a commander was relieved in a very short time too, usually because one of the people under his command did something really stupid. I'm going to reserve judgment on this until we know more.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This isn't a big deal.

Probably got a promotion and could not handle the job or was an under performing leader for sometime. Or someone in his squardon screwed up bad, and the buck stopped with him.

I have seen it many times. Promote incompentence. Example George Bush. (I still wonder why I haven't been promoted, as I am incompentent.)

Those seem like the most logical.

And as someone posted, it is not that he has a moral problem that the soldier has to do. That is total crap and you know it. Push the hate. Thin veiled Iranian attack stance.

I think we are going on 2 plus years of the USA going to attack Iran this week. I keep on missing the date in the pool. I had March 2, 1984.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
He could've had a relationship with a female crewmember which is a quick way to get relieved of duty.

Also, could've had a personality conflict with the CO.

Or there could be something going on from his previous duty station.

Could be a multitude of reasons.

Nimitz should be in the AOR in a week or so. They always plan the arrival for near the end of month. Then personnel get their entire month's pay as tax free.

top topics

join