It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush for president?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
How many people actually think that Jeb Bush is considering running for president even after all the controversy surronding his brothers presidency?

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Oh he will run... only in 2012

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 04:29 AM
link   
LOL - yeah your probably right, I don't think running in 08 would be the wise choice. Who knows though - I guess we'll just have to wait and see

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
He already said he isn't running. He couldn't win anyways. He has some major baggage. Not just his brother, but also his wife and daughter. They aren't White House family member material. But then again - neither is Terry Kerry (Teresa Hienz)... but that didn't stop John Kerry from running. And there is Bill Clintons brother ... and that beer he pushed ...

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think he is a very good candidate choice. However, I don't think he'll even be considered because of the name he carries.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Just by the simple fact that all the speculation points to a high probability of two families swapping back an forth in the White House at this point, I would hope veryone would do everything in their power to stop this bvery disturbing trend.

We already had a Bush/Clinton/Bush. Doesn't it worry anyone to continue this trend to Bush/Clinton/Bush/Clinton/Bush?

Come on people - we need some fresh blood in there.

[edit on 4/20/2007 by Relentless]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He has some major baggage. Not just his brother, but also his wife and daughter. They aren't White House family member material.

I must have missed something about his wife, What are you talking about? I've lived in Florida since 2001 and have never heard any criticism of her.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think America has had all of the Bush family it can take for a few decades. The family does not show up well when examined closely under the same standards of conduct most of us are obliged to adhere to. Papa Bush would be in a Federal pen today had he not pardoned Casper Weinberger who had the goods on him over Iran-Contra.

Neil would be serving time with his father because of his illegal conduct at Silveraado S&L. Neil is now employed as a highly paid China lobbyist. Neil has never done an honest days work in his life. Was there a 4th boy? Marvin?

George was both an inside trader - ask Martha Stewart about that - and got a lot more money for the Texas Rangers then the team was worth when George was "bought out." Hmm? Payback or payoff?

Jeb served 8 years as governor of Florida. Aside from the 2000 electoral debacle, including a GOP scheme to remove 70,000 names from the voting rolls based on old or false information, and 90% blacks, it is of some interest WHY the University of Florida refused to award him an honorary degree as was the custom to do for retiring governors. Do they know something we don’t know?

For the Bush Boys, it was great their father was 1) a rich top Republican, 2) once a GOP Congressman, 3) once the head of the CIA and 4) once ambassador to the UN. Deep in politics, you can cover up a lot of misconduct by your errant sons. And "pay" off universities to pass your sons along. Say Hello George.

[edit on 4/20/2007 by donwhite]

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by donwhite
And "pay" off universities to pass your sons along. Say Hello George.

[edit on 4/20/2007 by donwhite]

Please do show your sources for this little tidbit... Ahhh, you don't have any, just more mindless hatred.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
But not in this election.

He need to wait a while, 4-8 years from now he will run.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I'm sure he'll run. He was my gov in Fl. and he has my vote. He's a diff man than his brother, imo. i think he did a great job as gov, as well.

just my two cents worth.

top topics

join