It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Cho Seung Hui View A UFO?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by Doc Velocity

Anyway, there's a sky pic in Cho's Manifesto, and we're musing about its significance to the case, as a possible glimpse into his motivation. I think it's a black helicopter that Cho may have perceived as government surveillance.

— Doc Velocity

I think this is probably the best theory of this topic and its probably the answer that is closer to the truth.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There's no way to tell that it's a helicopter, it could easily have been an orb. I have a feeling Cho wasn't of this world....so to speak...

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
while I would find a lot more excitement in the possibilty Cho was not of this world, I have a oldtime friend who suffers from sever bipolarity/chemical imbalancing and also happens to tell me every now and again he's picked up Catcher In The Rye.

I know - freaky. He's suffered for a long time and I have always been there for him only to be betrayed time n time again.

Cho no question suffered similarly, only he acted.

To suggest this is just a picture of the sky that caught a commercial plane in transit is absolutely ignorant. But I'd rather not point that finger of idiocy, I just want to express my opinion that it's highly likely to be a black helicopter and also keep in mind his sister works for the state department in the Gov't. so hell, very well could be that.

This country is on lockdown.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Its definately a Zerg Overlord... without a shadow of doubt

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32
tbh i think he was just using the sky pic as a kind of heaven reference.
I think the black dot is just a fault on the photograph
could be wrong of course, but its the first thing i thought he was referring the picture to.

But that does not explain why Cho should send a photo of clouds to NBC. The more plausible suggestion is that he sent it because he believed in UFOs and hated the media cover-up about them and so included a photo of a UFO (which he may have taken) because he knew that his material would be splashed on TV screens, so this was his way of forcing the media to display a photo of UFOs. If one is going to offer an explanation of a photographic anomaly, one must explain why the photo was sent in the first place. Interpreting the spot as a helicopter does not account for why he should send a photo of one to NBC. Everything he sent has to have context and meaning with respect to his actions and negative opinion of American society. A UFO fulfils this motive. A helicopter does not.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think there may be a lot of useful information in those slides. Someone should take screenshots of them all while they're still up, because NBC will undoubtedly take them down soon.

Either he was completely nuts, or he was really looking into conspiracy theories. "Number of the anti-terrorist: 88".

I would like to see what's on the 16 pages they didn't put up for some reason.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Anyone else think he could have been abducted several times and he must have tried to cover it up until he couldn't take it anymore

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
its a picture of open sky with a little black dot in it.

Cho the madman most likly thought that it was a goverment chopper spying on him of something to that extent.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It looks like a black helicopter to me...

Command Central. Mission accomplished???

Or it could simply be a black dot in the sky.

Who can tell in this day and age? We will have to see what actions are taken with schools after this, then i will tell you if it was a dot or a helicopter dishing out orders to the receivers they implanted in the killer's brain. We will see.

Yeah, i know- i'm waaaay out there but so is this world.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

But that does not explain why Cho should send a photo of clouds to NBC. The more plausible suggestion is that he sent it because he believed in UFOs and hated the media cover-up about them and so included a photo of a UFO (which he may have taken) because he knew that his material would be splashed on TV screens, so this was his way of forcing the media to display a photo of UFOs. If one is going to offer an explanation of a photographic anomaly, one must explain why the photo was sent in the first place. Interpreting the spot as a helicopter does not account for why he should send a photo of one to NBC. Everything he sent has to have context and meaning with respect to his actions and negative opinion of American society. A UFO fulfils this motive. A helicopter does not.

Actually, I'd have to disagree with you there.
To suggest that he took a picture of a UFO so that the media would be forced to show it is pretty ridiculous.
I think the idea that it is a helicopter makes a whole lot more sence.

- Cho was clearly shown to be ranting about "Rich" people.
- There are clear quotes that suggest there were a group of people that sent him "over the edge"
- There is an image going around the internet of Cho wearing Military clothing with another individual dressed the same way.
- He sent a manifesto to NBC containing video, images and text.
- Everything shown so far suggestes that Cho had been planning this. He bought the Glock, he wrote the 1800 word manifesto, he recorded videos in the days leading to the masacre.
- I would speculate that he was the one that made the bomb threats the week before to test the security response.

All of this to me suggests that Cho had calculated each move. He would not have been so calm and succesful had he not.
If that is the case, he would not have thrown in an obscure picture of a "UFO" in hopes that his picture would be shown to the public. the pic shows nothing difinative.
It makes much more sense to suggest that he saw what looked to be a black helicopter (keep in mind it could be anything, it only matters what Cho thought it was). This would definately fall into context when considering that Cho made reference to several world leaders and there is strong ties to military (even if only in his head).
He was clearly a person with no control. It is very easy to imagine that he would have been extremely paranoid/delusional, and its not a big stretch for someone who has issues with the government to think they are being watched.

Every piece of that manifesto has significant meaning to the message that he was trying to convey to the world. To write the image of the sky off as just that it quite ignorant. There is a much deeper meaning to the pic in question.

I say keep the discussion going.

PS: for those of you who have chimed in to say that its ridiculous to be discussing this; I have a few words of advice for you.

READ BEFORE YOU POST. we are here to deny ignorance. Not to reach judgment on a subject based solely on the title of a thread. The actual discussion in this thread (aside from a few "out there" ideas) has primarily been about the reason the sky pic would have been included. Not to say that its an "alien UFO"

UFO doesn't mean from another world. it just simply means UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT. I'm pretty confident a black dot in the sky qualifies

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Pumcy

Thank you for reminding everyone UFO doesn't necessarily mean out-of-ordinary (if there is an adequate explaination).

Another thing I have been concentrating on is the order in which the picture is positioned. Does the order does have a meaning? - Either it's one of the last or first pictures in the media manifesto depending on how you look at it.

Without time stamping and actually seeing the entire manifesto we don't know. Personally - as a teacher I would find absolutely HUGE beneficial knowledge in seeing the document in it's entirety. What if a student I run across has similar tendencies?

Parents would benefit.

But would future potential mass-murders benefit? I doubt it. This information should be open to the public. Why should the FBI have this knowledge to themselves? Plus there must be at least one person at MSNBC who got the "insiders" peek of the document. Ya know?

And the way we were told by those media fools (lie initially spread by the FBI spokesperson) that the manifesto indeed did not garner the need for further attention as it only provided minimal insight into the tragedy. B.S.

And you know I'm right. We were offered a nice tease, but this whole bizarre event still has questions that should be publicly answered. Once the unibomber's manifesto was released, the story went away. That's what needs to happen here.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
There's no way to tell that it's a helicopter, it could easily have been an orb. I have a feeling Cho wasn't of this world....so to speak...

Huh?
Care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Is it possible that it was just a speck on the camera lens or an imperfection in the camera itself?

(yeah, I know I'm really reaching here, but we do have to consider the possibility.)

But seriously, this whole story is so bizarre from beginning to end.
Nothing really makes sense.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I just think it's a dust speck on the lense of the camera and nothing more to it I have read the thread and its gone all over the shop I won't be commenting on the rest purely because I can't be bothered to get into an argument with someone over gun control issues et al.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
sure, in theory it could be a spec of dust, but think about that for a second. I addressed this in my large post above so i wont go into it to much, but consider this: There is nothing in that pic aside from the "spot". What possible motivation would cho have to include this photo?
if its a helicoptor he may have thought he was being watched (paranoid).
I have yet to read a reasonable explanation to include a pic of clouds with a spec of dust on it.

I'm not a photographer, so i wont get into the posibility to much, but i think it was Doc Velocity that mentioned he works with a camera and that is not possible. Dust looks bigger in the pic.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think he was an abductee alien hybrid that suffered from recurring flashbacks of his abductions. He was obviously paranoid and he was angry that people didn't believe him.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
C'mon! no one else thinks he could have at the least been abducted? Those greys are mean you know! They probably are the most evil alien in the galaxy!

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Laiguana, where do you come up with this stuff?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Naw, I don't think so. I think it had more to do that he was admiring previous people who did the same thing. If that were the case though, wouldn't it be kind of odd that he left a bunch of hateful videos? If he were really under the control of aliens wouldn't he would have just done it immediately without saying anything instead of recording a ton of videos?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
That is a good point - I went back and reread a lot of the columbine events and there are a lot connections to the VTU shootings.

The picture of the clouds (included on the released parts of the opera) though, has meaning.

Is everyone certain that was a black helicopter?

AND - and, don't forget, this story isn't over. In my mind, until we all get to see/read the entire 23 pages of text it will I won't rest easy- just so long as whatever he wrote isn't as unreadable as the unibomberz manifesto. I just do not buy this information is NOT helpful as we were led to believe by media.

And if we are not careful, some loco judge will rule certain evidence to be put under wraps for 25 years like some of the critical transcripts in the columbine tragedy.

Work harder people!

[edit on 25-4-2007 by chetinglendalevillage]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join