It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the AG-94 a real weapon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I've seen the AG-94 in a game that my friend was playing. It looks very similar to an AK, but it's called AG-94 and it's used by the terrorists in the game.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on this weapon because I've never heard of it before.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I've seen the AG-94 in a game that my friend was playing. It looks very similar to an AK, but it's called AG-94 and it's used by the terrorists in the game.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on this weapon because I've never heard of it before.

Sounds more like the AN-94 assault rifle.
Since you did mention it looked like the AK47.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yea,An-94

en.wikipedia.org...

Maybe the game couldnt get the license or whatever to use real gun names. I've seen it happen in a few games.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ah, I see. Thank you guys for clearing that up. I probably should have known better, the thought of not getting the license for the gun never really crossed my mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'll pay you a hundred dollars if you can show me a real life terrorist with an AN-94, Russia itself (the country that uses it) barely has any, and the games have terrorist using those?
wow, they should add to the terrorists' arsenal Black Eagle MBTs, Ka-52s, Mig-35s, BTR-90s, Tanguskas, and all that

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Agreed Russian Soldier.

I play a lot of games and have never seen terrorists using a an-94. Games were you are fighting actual militaries/ex- military personnel are different. But most "terrorists" are usin the good old AK-47.

Even though in counter-strike they do use some other good weapons. No AN-94's though.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
An94 has only been supplied to Russias special forces until now. Anyway rich Terrorists could probably buy An94 rifles. Maybe Osama has a few of them.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaSeitz
An94 has only been supplied to Russias special forces until now. Anyway rich Terrorists could probably buy An94 rifles. Maybe Osama has a few of them.

rich terrorists could .... not necessarily would ....

, any ways i got to agree with russian soldier on this one

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Indeed, the An94 is not exactly what you would call an easily concealable terror weapon. Anyway I guess no one would stop a black eagle tank on its way to the white house, the people would think it's part of filming for some movie or a PR gag.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Anyway I guess no one would stop a black eagle tank on its way to the white house, the people would think it's part of filming for some movie or a PR gag.

this one's had me laughing daseitz , would love to see that happen

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Indeed, the An94 is not exactly what you would call an easily concealable terror weapon. Anyway I guess no one would stop a black eagle tank on its way to the white house, the people would think it's part of filming for some movie or a PR gag.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

Regards,
Maestro

[edit on 1-5-2007 by maestro46]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
My favorite game like that was "act of war", or even battlefield2 SF where you have the chechens flying hinds and tanking lmao.

Actually RussianSoldier, I would disagree with you on terrorists havin AN-94s. While the way I imagine that video game showed is is probably beyond stupid - think back on the war in chechnya, the first and the second. Remember what the poor souls that survived grozny were saying after comming back? or even anyone who's served in chechnya for some time? We had officers comming out of battles there screaming mad because the chechens were using not just russian weapons but even weapons (and some tech) that was scarce on supply to the russian forces there. It's not unlikely that terrorists might have their hands on this gun - but it's definately out of the picture that they supply simple troops with these or even have these in large stock.

Personal take on this gun - I love the delayed recoil, but you can't use the gun if you fold the butstock, it get's in the way of the trigger.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
What a little beauty! Want One, Need One, Must Have One!

Actually it's got a very handy little 2 round burst facility which gives this modern take on the AK-47, greater accuracy.

Here's a rather nice pic: club.guns.ru...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza

one of my friends says it's an experimental Russian weapon. it's a sort of new, smaller version of an AK-47.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by bobbyboy]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
AN 94 you have to love SOCOM for PS2.

Great weapon, plays in the game like the RS model accurate 2 shot burst mode.

Super sweet, was not aware that in full auto the first 2 shots are fired in the burst mode (high rate) then the remainder of rounds in a lower rate "open bolt" auto mode.

I bet it sounds wicked in RL when you first fire it in full auto

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I dont think terrorrists would bother getting AN-94's there are, I believe, millions of reliable AK-47's out there. Ahhhh the AK-47 a weapon after my own heart. Imo this weapon has its own soul, and that might sound stupid but thats what I think. So far no other gun rifle compares to it imo.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Here is some more info about AN-94 'Abakan'.

AN 94 ABAKAN

It has interesting feature of being able to fire 2-round bursts at rate of fire 1800 rounds per minute thus placing 2 bullets in virtually same hole! I saw what sort of wounds 5,45 can inflict, I don't want to imagine what would 2 such rounds do when they hit practically same spot
Not to mention the stopping power!

Here you can download video (not only Abakan, but also some other Russian weapons, produced in Izmash factory).

Small weapons by Izmash

[edit on 4-5-2007 by Duby78]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by om3ga123
I dont think terrorrists would bother getting AN-94's there are, I believe, millions of reliable AK-47's out there. Ahhhh the AK-47 a weapon after my own heart. Imo this weapon has its own soul, and that might sound stupid but thats what I think. So far no other gun rifle compares to it imo.

AK-47 all the way, i'm with ya bro. But trust me on the terrorist bit. When I said terrorists in the previous post I meant the chechen guys. It's likely a chechen general might want to have one and such, this isn't a question of what you would commonly equip a squad with. Trust me experimental Russian weapons have been used against Russians in chechnya more then once. I don't know about the AN-94 but I don't exclude it as a possibility.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Well from what I've read on wiki it takes roughly six times as much money to make an AN-94 than an AK-47. Now if I were a terrorist leader with some cash I think I'd rather just buy six AK's and maybe rig up a few homemade attachments. Sure the AN-94 might be a good weapon and all, but it's made for professionals. The AK-47 on the other hand you can give to just about anyone and you don't have to worry about that guy bringing his rifle back in working order.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yeah I agree an anyways between an AK-47 an AN-94 the AK is lot more powerful still though inaccurate. But in a sense would you rather have a powerful un precise nuke or a weak accurate torpedo. An on the topic of the game I have to see what it looks like or what game it is, because it just might be an AK-47 or an Uzi. And for you noobs and Uzi is a pistol styled machine gun where the magazine extends from the grip the gun is usally metallic or black with a cocking handle on the top, the cartridge ejection slot and the select fire switch on the right side, and finally the sights are almost like two vertical rods along the top through the cocking handle or the bolt which splits in the middle. And the AK-47 is weapon which is made out of mostly steel with the exception of the atock or the butt and the upper and lower reciever which is the place after the magazine or clip where you would put your other hand. The magazine resembles a banana hence why the Columbians refer to it as the Banana Gun. The bolt or cocking handle is pretty much the ejection slot which is refered to be a open bolt rifle. The weapon weighs about 4 to 5 pounds and 7 pounds with a full 30 round magazine. The Uzi and the AK-47 both have a the same amount of RPM (Rounds Per Minute) which is 600. But actually its more like 100 or 150. The effective range for AK-47 uncompared to the Uzi is 400-500 yards where as the Uzi has just about a 100. The main reason are the calibers, the Uzi fires a 9millimeter round or .380 inches the AK fires a bit smaller round a 7.62 millimeter which is .308 inches but the reason why bullet travels faster is because a standard 9mm round is 19 millmeters long and a 7.62 mm round is 39 millimeter long which means more gunpowder more power. The AK round travels close 2300 FPS and the 9mm round between 1400 and 1600 FPS. SO technically the AK shoots a round that travels 7 and 2/3 footballs a second and a 9mm is really doing just to and a little over five. There is one weapon that top these which is only available to the military its called the Steyr IWS2000 a 15.2mm anti-materiel rifle which made to penetrate armored targets such as tanks like Abrams Mi and helicopter like Russian Hind which is known to be a flying tank, cameo appearances of the Hind in acton would be in the movie Red Dawn. The Steyr an fire the 15.2mm round at 4750 FPS more than twice the speed of the AK-47 round, I can only imagine the noise and the price or what crack would try to get for it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join