It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enemy Helicopter Activity in Vietnam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Around the 3:00 mark, he starts talking about UFOs in Vietnam, and around 3:55, he says the words "enemy helicopter activity" used in communications in Vietnam referred to UFOs.

Now, I never paid any attention to the Vietnam War in History class (cuz i didn't wanna), but I'm pretty sure there were not any helicopters used by the enemy in Vietnam. Does anybody have any more information on this and possibly any videos showing communicators using the words "enemy helicopter activity"? Also, if this has been posted before, please forgive me. So much stuff on this board, it's hard to tell what has been covered already.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
From a brief scouring of Google and an old history book I have lying around, I'm certain that the Vietnamese didn't use any helicopters.

Seems like you found something interesting.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
May not be accurate, but according to Battlefield: Vietnam the NVA had MI-17s and MI-26s, ex russian surplus.

Knowing the game, they probably just added them for balance issues, but i thought i'd add that.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
In some of Wiiliam Coopers lectures online he states that the term enemy helicopters was the code for UFOs.
The video link isn't working, but I'm sure this is what your refering to.

Here's one link on the subject involving HMAS Hobart.

I'm more inclined to believe it could be code for friendly fire in this case.
The official story

Then the question is did the vietnamese have anything in the water? if not how could this mistake happen? - (serious question)

[edit on 18-4-2007 by squiz]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Sorry double post

[edit on 18-4-2007 by squiz]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I believe the NVA were equipped with the Russian Mi-8 helicopters towards the end of the sixties.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny
I believe the NVA were equipped with the Russian Mi-8 helicopters towards the end of the sixties.

Yes and they didn't dare fly them for fear of them being shot down immediatly.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm sure they would have made relatively easy targets for U.S. gunners, but, I doubt all of them were literally grounded for the duration of the conflict.

If they possessed them, had fuel for them, and trained pilots, you must accept the possibility that they may have flown at least one of them from time to time. Its not like they were irreplaceable......the Soviet Union or China were probably more than happy to provide more in the struggle against the 'capitalist pigs'.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Well, I guess there's no way to fully prove Cooper's statement about this, it appears.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I know the Americans used a vast array of UAV's in Vietnam, some using a propella.

Only specific intellegence knew about this, regular grunts and some jet pilots wernt in the loop either.

I cannot watch the movie from work, but they probably just saw one of their own ' non existant ' uav's

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yes Wiiliam Cooper stated that this was a term used by few of the military
soldiers for any UFO (undentified flying object)activity, yet not a common term. Again don't lump UFO for some flying saucer from Mars, something in the air that cannot be recognized is a UFO, comet, meter, aircraft ect...

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
never even heard this before - but logical thinking renders it an unlikley senario

as the NVA were in posesion of soviet blok supplied helicopters - and COULD have used them ,

howver i would welcome any ligitimate citation of the use of this phrase

but to me this is on a par with the notion that apollo astronauts were to use the term " santa claus " for UFO sightings

top topics

join