It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest item ever sold on Ebay?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I have just begun to delve into Ebay, and already I am amazed at some of the items for sale there. Here is the strangest one I have found so far:

Cigarette Butts

This person is actually attempting to sell a container of cigarette butts. Surely he can't be serious. However, I am thinking that this just might qualify as the strangest thing someone has ever attempted to sell on Ebay.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The weirdest thing that I have seen on eBay is a piece of toast saying that it is a regular piece of toast and that it doesn't have a picture of Jesus on it.

[edit on 16/4/07 by galm 1]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I don't do ebay so I don't know much about it. But didn't I hear on the news a while back someone trying to sell their kidney?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
eBay seems like the perfect place for a 15-year old to get some spare kidneys! HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I dont know about a kidney, but I know that some kidney stones were sold on there before (yes, sold, someone got them)

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Who would buy Kidney stones? Anyway, I have heard, not seen, of a man that tried to sell his family.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Someone sold their soul, or the rights to it.. think it was in the news last year.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Their soul huh. I wonder how they went about delivering it to the winning bidder.

Here's another odd one:

A toothpick

Right now the bid is up to $51.

Barnum was right.

Edit to add: You must check out the questions from members. Scroll about three quarters of the way to the bottom. It's pretty funny.

[edit on 4/21/07 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
One of my friends when I was still at school tried to sell toast on Ebay, but needless to say, no one wanted any. Which is a shame really, it would have been really funny.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I bought a $3,000 trombone for only $263 on eBay. It's the best thing that I have bought on eBay!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
One that I found incredibly funny awhile ago was a guy selling his wifes "box" because his "rooster" (although he didnt use that term) was too small to fit in it. It was so full of innuendo and he had at least 50 questions on the auction all just adding into the joke it was incredible...unfortunetly ebay pulled it

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
Someone sold their soul, or the rights to it.. think it was in the news last year.

I wounder if the devil is a regular customer on eBay?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I remember a guy selling his virginity on EBay...

No one bought it, poor guy. XD

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by galm 1

I wounder if the devil is a regular customer on eBay?

It wouldn't surprise me, although I'm not sure I subscribe to the conventional idea of a "devil", judging by the amount of scams and fraudsters.. at the very least there are plenty on ebay who do his bidding!

Having said that, there are also good people too, and in my experience they are the vast majority.. as long as you have your whits about you, and avoid the obvious frauds, being an "ebayer" can be a very enjoyable, not to mention profitable experience.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Right now someone is selling "eternal happiness." The starting bid is $100,000US. I don't think this auction will get any bids.
Obviously the people who make up these auctions don't mind wasting their money, as some of their fees do not get refunded when the auction closes with no bids.

cgi.ebay.ca...

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
My teacher said that students were selling hall passes on eBay. And they were from his class.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I remember seeing one on tv of a guy selling an air guitar

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Ebay-a perfect example of who we share the world with,,,I've said it before, I'll say it again, humans never cease to amaze me. And ATS has all the stories.

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We should all try to sell a membership to ATS on eBay.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm guessing that nobody likes that idea.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join