It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a crashed UFO on Mars ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2002 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Try as I might I can't get a link with pictures to work. So you'll have to go and check out the sight.

www.anomalous-images.com...

What do you think ?

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I think its a rocky outcrop.
certainly looks like one.
quite why anyone would think this image lis more likely to be a crashed space ship is beyond be.

Besides, this image has been floating around for years, I'm sure there are several good web pages debunking it as nothing more than a natural formation.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Anyway, everything can be debunked.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I think that's some of the neatest, most spectacular Photoshopping/3D Studio work I've seen in a long time.

But I also think it's just rocks. Lots of formations like that in Arizona/New Mexico.

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 09:54 AM
link   
*singing* And another one bites, and another one bites, another one bites the dust...

posted on Nov, 25 2002 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Damn those drunken greys! Such a waste of fine interplanetary machinery

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
how u get pics like that nasa would not release them if there was crashed ufos on mars

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Original Source Image - www.msss.com...

Original Source Image: Large - www.msss.com...
www.msss.com...

Looking at this has an interesting Spot on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Interesting, although probably fake, thinking about it why would there be a rocky outcrop in the middle of all that it looks like just barren desert?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   
In my opinion it looks like a meteor which skimmed the surface until finding its final resting place. However I don't see anything which resembles a meteor or UFO near the "crater".

If it were a UFO crash those greys must have recovered it. (or nasa did some Photoshop work to erase the UFO.)
Interesting find.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Why is everyone crazy but me

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Try as I might I can't get a link with pictures to work. So you'll have to go and check out the sight.

www.anomalous-images.com...

What do you think ?

i love this type of stuff - maybe its a crashed us triangle craft lookin for the uk beagle 2? lol!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't believe that is a spacecraft.

Sheesh, some folks will make a website about any 'odd' shaped piece of rock.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
That is a mesa weathering out of the surrounding sand field. Like if the mesas out west were located in the Sahara.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I don't really see anything. Looks like something did slide through the sand though.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Looks more like a hole or a meteor sliding under the dirt to me...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Obviously it is the top of a rock formation that has been covered and weathered by thousands of years worth of martian dust storms... as well as given some earthly attributes.. namely..

"destriping, moderate contrast enhancement, sharpening and enlarging 2x. North is to the bottom of the image."

You're looking at a different planet through eyes that have never physically seen things on another planet. Its fun to imagine that this could be a spacecraft, but we simply don't have the three dimensional perspective to conclude anything about these kinds of "anomalies". By the way, who decided this was classified as an anomaly? The people that designed the camera on the orbiting spacecraft? Or some dude with a website, Adobe Photoshop, and a keen imagination?

If you look at the clouds long enough, you will see shapes and objects begin to form- this doesn't mean they actually exist. Its mental imagery:

Not only does it duck the difficult task of specifying what dimensions and degrees of similarity to perception are necessary for an experience to count as imagery; it also elides the controversial question of whether imagery is a sui generis phenomenon, conceptually quite distinct from true perceptual experience despite the surface resemblance, or whether it is more appropriately regarded as lying at one end of a continuum stretching from ordinary veridical perception at one end, to �pure� imagery, where the character of the experience seems to be quite independent of any current stimulus input, at the other. In between would come cases, often held to be due to the effects of imagination, where the character of the experience seems to be only partially determined by the character of the current stimulus: both mistaken or illusive perception and non-deceptive seeing as (such as seeing the notorious duck-rabbit figure as a duck [or rabbit], or, for example, "seeing" the shapes of animals, or whatever, in the clouds or constellations).

plato.stanford.edu...

Of course, if I see more confirmatory scientific evidence of this site (such as ground penetrating radar from the ESA Mars Express Probe), then I will certainly change my conclusion.

MK

top topics

join