It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secret Vatican Archives

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The Vatican Secret Archives are estimated to behold 85 kilometers of shelving, 35,000 volumes and 120,000 loose documents, in the selective catalogue alone: "Publication of the indexes, in part or as a whole, is forbidden," according to the regulations in 2005.

Despite any evidence to support the claim of secrecy surrounding the Vatican Archives, a persistent conspiracy theory current among nationalist and religious circles in Israel asserts that the menorah and other furnishings of the Temple in Jerusalem are hidden in a secret alcove in the Vatican Archives.

Of all the vexing questions surrounding the widespread and on-going clergy sexual abuse crisis in the Roman Catholic Church, perhaps the ones involving the Pope are among those most begging for an answer... why is the vatican being so secretive?

Im sure there are documents in that archive they will never allow the public to see....
comments?

The official Vatican Secret Archives website
www.vatican.va...

[edit on 16-4-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I think they keep that stuff hidden from public view because it would undermine all of the brainwashing that they've done over the past 2000 years. I wager that if all of what they had somehow made it's way out into the public, we'd all be amazed at it, and at the same time resentful that they thought they could keep stuff like that from us. There's probably untold amounts of knowledge hidden away in there just rotting away because the Catholic church doesn't want anyone to see it.

Why else keep it from us?

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well they do have some of the archives listed online, but a very small amount compared to all the rest they are hiding...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
All the more reason to get the ones that they are hiding, huh?

TheBorg

[Edited for spelling. Sometimes I feel so retarded.]

[edit on 16-4-2007 by TheBorg]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
thats why we have the freedom of information act although i dont know if the vatican will accept that as an excuse.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Hasn't that already been attempted? And even if it has, can it be done outside the US?

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 06:09 AM
link   
If the vaticans secret files were released to public, probably every religeon on this planet would cease to exist. The vatican will never ever release this stuff because it will simply cause there own destruction. I'm pretty sure they also have proof EBE's are real too.

EDIT: I've also been told that if you trespass in the vatican they can kill you on site.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by SKUNK2]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think the time has come they should disclose them all. Things are so bad, at least we could be prepared, learn some truths, and see what our fate is.
What are they going to do, just keep secrets to the END? That's selfish and stupid.
Nothing would shock me now. What's with the secrets? Ridiculous.
If its so bad that people will end up commiting suicide, oh well, better die by your own hand than see snakes surrounding your house, and fire breathing dragons eating the young ones.

WTH!!!

Everything is a secret. I want to know everything- So what if we're not even humans? Ahhhhh, who cares at this point in time! I want the truth.

If an alien is my lineage, so what?!
Enough with the "secrecy in government and the Vatican and whatever else there's out there.

I would like to know it all before i die.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The Vatican act in similar ways like the government does in hiding things. If the information had anything to do with Christ or God then what's to hide? Unlock the secrets of heaven and hell and the universe and not share it with anyone else (typical). Like others said, there is probably enough information in there to burn down the whole house. Religion is a money maker. Ever watch them people on t.v? Oh we need money please send us money to help our ministry all of them wearing gold diamond rings on every finger and drive rolls-royce and play church music on a 50k grand piano.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Supposedly, the Vatican hides the plans for Father Pellegrino Maria Ernetti's Chronovisor.

www.newpara.com...

The chronovisor is claimed to be a machine similar to a television used for "viewing past and future events". And it "worked by receiving, decoding and reproducing the electromagnetic radiation left behind from past events, though it could also pick up sound waves."

en.wikipedia.org...

Supposedly, its creator used it to take a picture of the crucifixion of jesus christ.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A couple of years ago I just typed in my search engine Roman Catholic Archives, well I spent most of the day reading sooo much information that for me opened my eyes to the connection between past and present history and the continuity of religion and politics. You know they did not even repent for all of the killings of the Crusades. The SAME families that were calling the shots thousands of years ago are still in controll. Another thing that I learned was that the same hidden families are placing the Pope in his position as well as the president of the U.S.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I think they keep that stuff hidden from public view because it would undermine all of the brainwashing that they've done over the past 2000 years. I wager that if all of what they had somehow made it's way out into the public, we'd all be amazed at it, and at the same time resentful that they thought they could keep stuff like that from us. There's probably untold amounts of knowledge hidden away in there just rotting away because the Catholic church doesn't want anyone to see it.

Why else keep it from us?

TheBorg

TheBorg,I suspect you are probably correct. I have written about this issue a few times. Most of the posters here don't think it's a very big issue because supposedly it's all been revealed.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
What would Jesus hide?

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's so many things that we could all say about the Catholic church... from its beginnings as a Constantine's religious integration project, to its apparent association to ancient Babylon and King Nimrod. Some even argue that the Catholic church is the embodiment of Revelation's MYSTERY BABYLON.

All speculative. Nothing conclusive.

Now, this secret archives business is pretty interesting. Disclosure of such documents could provide some conclusive facts to many of the speculative evils within the organization of the Catholic church. There is no telling what they have in that massive archive. And I seriously doubt the pontiff will ever release it.

I will certainly keep an eye on this topic.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's so many things that we could all say about the Catholic church... from its beginnings as a Constantine's religious integration project, to its apparent association to ancient Babylon and King Nimrod. Some even argue that the Catholic church is the embodiment of Revelation's MYSTERY BABYLON.

All speculative. Nothing conclusive.

Now, this secret archives business is pretty interesting. Disclosure of such documents could provide some conclusive facts to many of the speculative evils within the organization of the Catholic church. There is no telling what they have in that massive archive. And I seriously doubt the pontiff will ever release it.

I will certainly keep an eye on this topic.

EDIT: I have no idea why this double-posted. I only submitted it once!

[edit on 4/16/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
come on u guys , u really think they have prove up there to break down any religion in the world? Dont u guys think they would have destroyed everything by now that could bring their god in a bad daylight.

Its kinda like killing some1 and holding the only proof there is that u have done it somewhere in your basement!

and on that gizmo to look into the future and the past :

if they have anything like that they would be far more powerfull then they are now. A religion with the power to predict things would have the ultimate "proof" they can talk with god, and it would take long for the whole world to follow them.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartannic

and on that gizmo to look into the future and the past :

if they have anything like that they would be far more powerfull then they are now. A religion with the power to predict things would have the ultimate "proof" they can talk with god, and it would take long for the whole world to follow them.

That's actually an excellent point, unless it was deemed too powerful and was hidden away, however as you said, why not simply destroy the evidence?

Edit - Could find no mention on the wikipedia page of it being able to look to the future, only the past. As it supposedly uses radiation left behind from past events in order to be able to view them. interesting read nevertheless.

[edit on 16-4-2007 by mrbocci]

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
thx for the reply m8 !!

then to say it in a other way : If any religion had a gizmo to look back at the past , would they be digging up tons of stuff to prove their religions Word is the right 1 ??? Even more : Imagine what the possibilities are of a gizmo like that. U could look at the point where "The Flood" took place and prove beyond any doubd when it happend (since u know the exact date ,its far more easier to look for clues) wont that get them some extra followers???

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I cant say with any certainty as to why they would want to keep them secret. I would however sacrifice a testicle to be able to rummage through thier vaults. Imagine, thousands of years worth of history stored in them. Many if not all of the documents would be priceless. Sorry to say we may never find out.....

Misterfantastic, I dont think the freedom of information act applies to the Vatican in Rome. Besides it hasnt done us much good.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Maybe when the past was looked at it was discovered that all religions were wrong, and now noone wants to admit defeat and it has spiralled into a sort of political race to gain the most followers, could explain how religion has always brought violence, as has politics. Thought provoking thread

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join