It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very, very strange event...what does it mean? Would love some input...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hello all,

I wanna share with you guys quite a disturbing story that was told to me by my parents just last night.
First, let me say that while it probably means nothing to you all, I can give my most solemn word that my parents are NOT prone to exgerration, they both tell the same story, and they simply are not the kind of people who make these kinds of things up, which is why I'm sharing it with you.

Anyway, in the mid 70's when my parents first met they were living in a small, older house in Salt Lake City, Utah. It was late August, and my parents were relaxing around the house early in the afternoon. Sometime around 1 or 2pm, they noticed a black fly (normal looking, according to them) fly by.
As the hours went by, they noticed more. AFter about 3 hours, there were roughly 20 or so. 4 hours, almost 50. By 10pm or so, they say there must have been well over 100 at least. It was a small house, and there were at least 30 or more in EVERY room. Also important to note is that most of the windows in the house were painted shut, so they couldn't open. The ones that could were closed and locked.
Obviously, my parents say they couldnt sleep there that night. So my dad went to the grocery store and bought several large strips of fly paper and 3 'bug bombs'. He hung the fly paper in every room and set off the bug bombs, and my mom and him left the house for the night to get a hotel room.

In the morning, my dad was anxious about what to do. He felt he was going to have to call a professional exterminator or renovate the house.

But this is the part that really creeps me out, and that they swear by.

When they enetered the house that morning, there was not a SINGLE fly anywhere in the house. Even more strange, not a SINGLE body of a fly either. My mom would know, she's a big-time cleaner and cleaned the whole house without finding a single body. None of the fly paper had any bodies of flies stuck to it either. In their own words, they say "It was like it never happened". They also never saw another fly or had any kind of experience like that again.

I'm just throwing this story out there to you all because I know it happened, but no one in my family has the slightest idea of what it means. My brother insists it was a natural phenomnom, yet can't back that up. And can't come up with an explanation for why not a single fly body was found.
I and my family would really appreciate any input from you all about what may cause something like this, paranormal or not.

Thanks so much for anyone who gives input!

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:26 AM
link   
In the 70's? And your parents themselves haven't drawn the correlation to Amyteville Horror?

I'm sure it happened, but it's strange they or you don't notice the correlation. It's just like the movie.

Check it out.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
In the 70's? And your parents themselves haven't drawn the correlation to Amyteville Horror?

I'm sure it happened, but it's strange they or you don't notice the correlation. It's just like the movie.

Check it out.

Neither myself or my parents have seen the film. I'm not big into old horror movies.
What does it signify in the film?

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Hard to say...EVIL?

Seriously though, the first film (not the sequels) were based on a true story.

As I recall the fly thing happened.

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
that is weird.fly's are not intelligent,they're very basic really,and it's impossible to me that hundreds of lies would enter a house togheter.some "entity" must of been behind this.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Yeah it was the priest who was attacked by all the black flies in on of the up stairs room. He left the room and shut the door on the way out. When they re-entered the room there was not a trace of the flies.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSide
that is weird.fly's are not intelligent,they're very basic really,and it's impossible to me that hundreds of lies would enter a house togheter.some "entity" must of been behind this.

What do you mean by "entity"? The house had been my grandmothers childhood house in the 1920's, so it had been in the family for a long time. I wasn't aware of anything out of the ordinary taking place there.
The only thing strange that ever happened there to my knowledge was my Grandmother's sister died from influenza there when she was only 4 years old.

Oh, and just to make it clear in case I didn't already, the flies didn't attack..or weren't hostile or anything. They just seemed to appear from nowhere, and then disappeared again.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That would be creepy!

Perhaps some crazy spirit decided to scare the crap outta a random couple that night... who knows?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So it has to do with ghosts then?

The reason I'm asking you guys is because I know that flies are supposedly symbols of something, and since this seemed like a very supernatural event, I figured what better place to ask about what it may mean then ATS?

So is this sort of thing generally related to ghosts/spirits? Are there any other ideas?

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Perhaps a symbol of suffering or death? Did anything unusually painful or of suffering happen in your family shortly after (perhaps close after or a few years?)
Ya know, like the locusts in the Bible???

-wD

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by WeBDeviL]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Perhaps a symbol of suffering or death? Did anything unusually painful or of suffering happen in your family shortly after (perhaps close after or a few years?)
Ya know, like the locusts in the Bible???

-wD

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by WeBDeviL]

Hmmm...not that I know of, I'll ask though.

My grandfather suffered a rather debilitating stroke a few years later...maybe 6 or 7 years, and that really tore the family apart. But that's about the only major "negative" event I know of.

Thanks for the input.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ever hear the saying 'LORD OF THE FLIES?'

Look it up.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Look it up.

Lord of the flies has nothing to do with this. That just a refference to the flies that would buzz around the pig's head in the book.

Anyways...

This has happened to many people.

There are two PRIMARY reasons though they are not the only reasons.

1) A nearby fly breeding ground (carcass, trash heap, etc.) just finished off a few thousand larva (maggots) and all the new fresh flies buzzd off to the nearest light source (a house) and swarmed it.

2) A swarm of flies (yes flies swarm like many other insects) were attracted to a smell at/near the house and swarmed all over it.

As for no dead flies the next day, most insect flee at the first wiff of insecticide, and given the older forms have more then enough chance to escape it rather than die.

As a side note, Locus naturally swam and devour crops, its not really a biblical armagedeon.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScienceGuyQ

Originally posted by THENEO

Look it up.

Lord of the flies has nothing to do with this. That just a refference to the flies that would buzz around the pig's head in the book.

Anyways...

This has happened to many people.

There are two PRIMARY reasons though they are not the only reasons.

1) A nearby fly breeding ground (carcass, trash heap, etc.) just finished off a few thousand larva (maggots) and all the new fresh flies buzzd off to the nearest light source (a house) and swarmed it.

2) A swarm of flies (yes flies swarm like many other insects) were attracted to a smell at/near the house and swarmed all over it.

As for no dead flies the next day, most insect flee at the first wiff of insecticide, and given the older forms have more then enough chance to escape it rather than die.

As a side note, Locus naturally swam and devour crops, its not really a biblical armagedeon.

Thank you.

That's probably the most likely explanation.

The only odd part was it was the end of summer and all the windows were closed because the A/C was running. Neither my mother or father have any idea how exactly they could have gotten in.

Oh well, thanks guys.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Found this surfing:

�And the Lord said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh....and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord....if thou wilt not let my people go, behold, I will send swarms of flies upon thee, and upon thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thy houses....and the Lord did so; and there came a grievous swarm of flies...and....the land was corrupted [destroyed] by reason of the swarm of flies� (Ex. 8:20-24).

The beetle was known in Egypt as a fly. The scarab beetle was the sacred emblem of the sun god Ra and was the symbol of eternal life. But the flies of the forth plague were most likely a blood-sucking breed that spread blindness and disease among the populace that lived along the Nile. Whereas such flies were generally disliked by the Egyptians, they were, nevertheless, revered as the servants (demons?) of Vatchit�the Egyptian "lord of the flies." In this context it's possible that the Hebrew God was administering a threefold judgement: First, of the Egyptians for their veneration of the fly-deities; second, of the sun god Ra�the Egyptian almighty creator; and third, of Vatchit himself, the Egyptian equivalent of Baalzebub (Beelzebub), the very ancient god who, according to various eastern religions, was the Evil god and "lord of the flies."

home.att.net...

L8R
BAKED

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Seriously though, the first film (not the sequels) were based on a true story.

I heard that the flies were added to the movie and are not part of the true story.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Beelzebub
Belzebuth (aka Belzebub, Beelzebuth), whose name means "lord of the flies" is prince of demons according to the Scriptures. Milton calls him foremost in power & crime after Satan, and most demonographers call him supreme chief of hell. Bodin claims he is no longer seen in his temple. Belzebub was the god of the Canaanites, who represented him with the figure of a fly or with attributes of a sovereign power. He was known to give oracles, as King Ochozias was reprimanded by Elijah for consulting him. Belzebuth is also known to rid harvests of flies.

Jewish Encyclopedia - Beelzebub
The name "Beelzebub," written also "Beelzebul," which occurs nowhere else in Jewish literature, is a variant form of "Baal Zebub," the god of Eḳron, whose oracle King Ahaziah consulted during his illness, provoking thereby the wrath of God (II Kings i. 2-16); the name is commonly explained after the Septuagint and Josephus, "Ant." ix. 2, � 1, as the "Lord of Flies" (see Baal-zebub). Plagues being often ascribed to the influence of flies

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
# up

[Edited on 1-1-2004 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
it is possible that there was something in the garbage or between the walls(dead rodent), that a fly layed eggs in. if there were something yummy detected on an air current through ventilation pathways, all the flies would follow it to the outdoors, thereby avoiding the traps and disappearing.

that's my 'bebunking'.

it was a phased overlap from a parallel reality, a holographic insert, or satan, are my metaphysical answers.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiRtYDeViL
Rose bowl interesting. Why it would make a good target, Michigan strong democratic support also California. The terrorist might strike it would get both states very energized and wanting war with the Arabs . Hence more votes for GW

DuDe.....Wrong thread.....lol
I almost done that before

top topics

join