It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA plans to reclassify all vitamins, supplements, herbs and juices as FDA-regulated drugs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have not only been fighting this crime but let me say that I rely on herbs and home grown remedies. I grow an organic farm and I could ot even get rid of the herbs and roots and trees that I use for health and healing. They are everywhere and there is no way that you can stop people from drinking the root of a sassafras tree or to stop someone from picking a dandelion flower and placing it in their mouth in the spring. Herbs and flowers and roots grow everywhere. This is getting so crazy. Makes me think we are really coming close to the end of this society.It is evil.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
green tea may be outlawed?!?

that's like a way of life for a lot of people. That's crazy! I have at least 1 cup every day.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
However, the other issue is untested and unproven herbal concoctions. I am fine with using cheap medicines even herbal medicines if they meet stand up to the scientific method. Currently the only system we have is the FDA. Perhaps the FDA should fund testing on herbal medicines.

Sorry bro, but alot of these supplements have been proven to work, case in point: grapeseed extract - most powerful antioxidant in the world.

Grape seed on cancer

grapeseed link

And some others may have not had the studies done that apparntly are so important to you, such as gotu kola, but i digress ive used it for a few years, and it works for me and I am not dead.

As far as marijuana, which is a bit off topic, but I don't care because principally it is parallel, the reoccuring theme is "More test are needed" BS I scream. No amount of testing will ever satisfy these guys, and honestly it has proven itself to its users over the past 10,000 years, so as far as we are concerned, go test the piss out of it if you want - I am already convinced.

[edit on 13-4-2007 by tha stillz]

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Being a former food inspector for a state agency I also at one time shared your feelings on msg. However, after extensive research I found no evidence that msg was harmful to people.

Here is some information about MSG, Aspartame, and Excitotoxins:

Were you aware that the food companies add chemicals to their products that stimulate hunger and disrupt normal appetite control? It's a clever (but downright devious) strategy for selling more food and boosting the profits of food corporations. But the truth about these chemicals -- known as excitotoxins -- is never explained to consumers. The food companies don't want you to know that these chemicals cause obesity, infertility, migraines and cancer, among other health problems.

In this eye-opening interview, you'll learn:
How MSG and aspartame are related to cancer, obesity, neurodegenerative diseases, and metabolic disorders.
How food companies hide MSG on food labels by using a "secret code" of innocent-sounding ingredients.
Why kids eating Splenda may end up with suppressed immune systems.
How the manufacturers of artificial sweeteners enforce scientific censorship on the dangers of their products.
The real reason why the American Diabetes Association won't speak out against aspartame.
Why yeast extract is more dangerous than monosodium glutamate.
The hidden link between soy and dementia.
Why many foods labeled "all natural" aren't healthy -- or natural!
How you can slow MSG and glutamate absorption using nutrients and herbs.
How aspartame both causes and accelerates cancer.
Why the pharmaceutical industry needs MSG to help create more patients.

You'll find these excitotoxins in:

Diet soda
"Sugar-free" drinks and sweets
Canned soups
Frozen pizza
Vegetarian foods, including veggie burgers
Snack chips
Diabetic foods
Salad dressing
Breakfast sausage
Beef jerky and chicken strips
Frozen foods, even "natural" ones
Instant dinner mixes
Baby food
Ranch-flavored dips and sauces
Gravy mixes and dip mixes
Bullion cubes and flavor packets
... and hundreds of other grocery products and restaurant foods.

As Dr. Russell Blaylock explains, these excitotoxin ingredients are known to cause:

Migraines
Seizures
Neurological disorders
Blurred vision
Increased appetite / overeating
Infertility and reproductive disorders
Impaired brain function
Cancer / brain tumors
Heart damage and cardiovascular harm

Source: The Truth About Aspartame, MSG and Excitotoxins (this is a free download)

Another article on MSG:

The taste enhancer is MSG -- monosodium glutamate -- a chemical that has been associated with reproductive disorders, migraine headaches, permanent damage to the endocrine system leading to obesity and other serious disorders. MSG is a chemical compound that simply does not belong in the body in the concentrations provided by these foods.
It is used by food manufacturers as a taste enhancer -- something to cover up the bland tastes of these foods and make them more appealing to consumers. But food manufacturers don't want to list MSG on the labels, especially when they know that consumers will avoid purchasing products that list MSG.

So what do they do instead? They hide the ingredient in another ingredient called "yeast extract",
then they put yeast extract in the product and list "yeast extract" right on the label. So this is the scam: all sorts of natural health products and vegetarian products are using chemical taste enhancers in the form of yeast extract but failing to disclose to consumers that they actually contain MSG. And if you look around at the natural health products in health food stores and grocery stores, you'll find that yeast extract is a rather prominent ingredient. It's used in soups, in vegetarian mixes, in some tofu mixes, and even so-called natural frozen foods.

Source: Many "healthy" and vegetarian foods contain MSG in the form of yeast extract

However, the other issue is untested and unproven herbal concoctions. I am fine with using cheap medicines even herbal medicines if they meet stand up to the scientific method. Currently the only system we have is the FDA. Perhaps the FDA should fund testing on herbal medicines.

I agree that the FDA should fund testing on herbal medicines. I have no problem with that at all. I am just doubtful that they can do it honestly and without furthering their own hidden agenda.

posted on Apr, 13 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I have not only been fighting this crime but let me say that I rely on herbs and home grown remedies. I grow an organic farm and I could ot even get rid of the herbs and roots and trees that I use for health and healing. They are everywhere and there is no way that you can stop people from drinking the root of a sassafras tree or to stop someone from picking a dandelion flower and placing it in their mouth in the spring. Herbs and flowers and roots grow everywhere. This is getting so crazy. Makes me think we are really coming close to the end of this society.It is evil.

They grow everywhere until the chemicals stop them from growing.

Currently there are tons of pesticides being used and the more they seep into the soil and the water, the more they will affect the growth of natural plants, by poisoning them or genetically changing them in some way.

There are lots of threads on this message board that discuss chemtrails. Currently, I don't think anyone really knows what they are spraying over us. If it were some yummy fertilizer for the plants, I would think they would tell us about it. But since they don't, we're left to wonder what kind of poison it might be.

You can't stop people from eating things off the tree, but you can genetically change it so it has no longer has any health benefits.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by annestacey

I agree that the FDA should fund testing on herbal medicines. I have no problem with that at all. I am just doubtful that they can do it honestly and without furthering their own hidden agenda.

This is why I want the fda to just go away. You cant have it both ways dealing with this type of currupt, hidden agenda oriented organization.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I used to work in a health food store, and let me just say the people that shopped there did not require validation from the FDA.

On each bottle it says, "This is not used to treat, cure, or prevent any disease", as per the guidelines of the FDA. But honestly, that's just a legality everyone ignores anyway.

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

he who has the money will be able to jump through the hoops of legislation and be able to afford litigation costs. the rest will be left to rot by the wayside. there are precedents which will 'come in handy' such as:

www.businessweek.com...

classifying naturally available nutrients as drugs will only do to the health sector what ecologism has done to the green movement. it will be usurped, pure and simple. people want herbs? fine buy them overprized from dubious sources, processed in large factories and probably contaminated with the entire periodic table (save Selenium :lol
, just like the rest of their products..

take biofuels f-ex., destructive land use, low net energy gain if any, deforestation for sugar cane derived ethanol in Brazil, backdoor for GM crops everywhere. all in the name of ecology, of course. subsidized by taxpayers at the order of politicians completely oblivious of the facts, such as:

www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/100303_eating_oil.html

so, unless fertilizer is taxed like fuel there can never be a fair comparison between energy crops and conventional gas/diesel.

iow, they will do the same to herbal medicine and extort the same amount of money and - predictably create the same mess to reap maximum profits, because people call us wackos and insists on ignoring any evidence as long as it would prove they have no rights to their own lives and can't do much if anything about it.

the Tryptophan scandal is a prototypical example, but let me guess, it's just an isolated example. not.

[edit on 14.4.2007 by Long Lance]

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
People have been using herbal remedies for at least 10,000 years and probably way before that. Why? Because they work!! You don't use something for thousands of years that doesn't work.

There have been many, many studies done on the effectiveness of herbs. Germany is known for its high quality of commercial herbs and has done a number of studies which show that herbs can be highly effective. It's important, though, to get herbs that are pure and of good quality. I've been an herbalist for 30 years and I grow my own herbs so I know that they are of good quality.

I have had major depression for many years. The WElbutrin and Zoloft help alot, but another thing that has been quite effective for me (and also my husband) is to take about 75 mg of DHEA everyday. It helps to regulate the hormones, which helps alot for the depression. I got this advice from an M.D. who does life extension work and studies these things. It has helped immensely and now I can function almost like a normal person - it helped me greatly with raising my energy levels. If they ban this, then I will have to go back to the pharma meds and they're not enough to keep me going.
There are many things like this that can actually heal and help you function better, unless I can get a prescription for it. ANd on what grounds would I need it, the physician will ask. And since they don't know very much about supplements, they probably won't believe me and won't prescribe it.
I have a friend who ran a health food restaurant in California. They FDA "visited" him several times, raided him and eventually closed it down for no good reason. It was horrible, he was harassed etc.

I wonder if this is the govt's way of helping to depopulate the country.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Hi Guys just a word or two of caution in the zealous persuit of the dreadful big pharma conspiracy.

Aspirin is both natural and a drug

Docetaxol is both natural and a drug

One "cures" (reduces visible symptoms) headaches

the other treats breast cancer and is very very very very toxic to all who come into contact with it. The English knew this 1000 yrs ago when they dipped their arrows in Yew tree extract.

If you wish to control drugs and I assume we all do, then they must be defined. And they are, medicinal products (drugs) show a measurable physiological effect. Thus if your St Johns Wort or willow bark extract sold OTC does the same, then they are by definition drugs and subject to control. I could always make some Yew extract for your granny with cancer if you'd like ......

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A little bit of good news on this subject! The FDA has extended the deadline for the public to comment on this issue.

Following widespread criticism by the public over proposed CAM Guidelines that the agency tried to slip under the radar (see below), the Food and Drug Administration has now extended the deadline for public comment to May 29.

Source: FDA's attempts to slip its CAM Guidelines under the radar fail; deadline for public comment extended to May 29.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well I guess the FDA has just signed my death sentence and also many people like me that are in that 5 % of the population that can not stomach the pharmaceutical industry wonder (killer drugs).

I depend on natural medicine to control my high blood pressure and cholesterol.

This is just wonderful.

I get allergic reactions to almost everthing but penicillin.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There are 100,000 deaths and at least 2,000,000 injuries each year being caused by legal prescription drugs in the United States.

How many people are dying from drinking vegetable juice, eating garlic, blueberries, goji berries, wheat grass, spirulina or ginger?

How come the FDA and USDA allows our grocery foods to contain toxic ingredients like aspartame, monosodium glutamate, food additives and chemical preservatives like sodium nitrite that directly cause cancers of the digestive tract?

A lot of these ingredients are hidden in other ingredients in order to hide them and this is perfectly legal.

I knew the FDA was a pain in the tail but I didn't know they were taking this a step further. I'm so sick of these stupid drug commercials being broadcasted on tv all the time. Buy this..blah blah..blah call your doctor. Pfft they need to call a doctor!!

I almost lost my aunt the other day because those stupid doctors and nurses had no idea how to do their job. They gave her to much medication which is approved by the FDA.

I can't believe their doing that- their crazy!!!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
An article:

FDA Is Strongarming The Vitamin Industry

And some youtube video's about the subject:

Dr. Rima Laibow MD speaks about a movement to place nutritional supplements under the control of the FDA and pharmaceutical industry.

Part 1 of 4

Part 2 of 4

Part 3 of 4

Part 4 of 4

WARNING: FDA CRACK DOWN ON VITAMINS!

Please take some time and watch these videos.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

NWO Codex Alimentarius - Charge a premium for every vitamin & mineral & herbal supplement as if it were some expensive DRUG, prescription only.

we might need a prescription for anything and anything, yeah even some vitamin C or green tea or healthful cooking spices. this is mind-blowing but legislation banning and scheduling all vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements as controlled substances is just around the corner, they've already done it with vit B6 if nothing else.

and the agenda could be most sinister - maximum profit for gov-sponsored monopolies like Monsanto who control and greedily hoard the world nutrient supply, starving out the masses who cannot afford the skyrocketed shelf price of a loaf of bread or ear of corn.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Yeah at first I thought it seemed that way also, but all of that information came from the NewsTarget website and Mike Adams is not really a fear-mongering kind of person. He is very truthful in his reporting and because a lot of people fail to pay attention to these issues, sometimes it requires the bells to be sounded a bit louder.

The problem is not with him, but with his news source. "Naturalnews.net" is extremely unreliable -- if you read their stories and then read the articles they link to, you will see how badly they misread the news.

The "holy water" one is one of the more absurd ones.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

There are 100,000 deaths and at least 2,000,000 injuries each year being caused by legal prescription drugs in the United States.

How many people are dying from drinking vegetable juice, eating garlic, blueberries, goji berries, wheat grass, spirulina or ginger?

I'll bet you that just as many folks die from abusing “snake oil” as they do from taking prescribed medications, maybe even more. The difference being that the “snake oil” vendors are not legally required to run testing to prove their claims, nor are they required to track the effects of their products. In essence they are allowed to lie to you, so of course they all have a “spotless” record. If you don't believe them, just ask them, they'll “happily” tell you how wonderful their products are. Real pharmaceuticals, in the other hand, are required to test, track, and prove their effectiveness.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arius

I favor the healing power of nature over any medical manufacturer in the nation, why? because nature knows best.

Nature has been around before humanity and before all for profits medicine and is offered free, none profit.

edit on 13-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
guess this turned out to be a non issue,.
almost 7 years later and we are still allowed to eat vitamins,.. without a prescription

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join