It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw something out my window.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ok, it lasted for roughly five seconds, but it was strange.

The time here in Oslo Norway is 21:54. I was replying to a thread when I looked towards the window. I saw an extremely bright "star" It's almost dark outside with some clouds. Theres also NO other stars out yet.

Back to the "star" that I saw. It was bright, brighter then I have ever seen. At first I thought it was a star, but looking for another few seconds, it started to blink and then "dither" away.

It may have been a comet (although it was standing completely still) but in all honesty, I know what a comet looks like and this wasn't anything like that.

Anyone ever see anything like this?

Peace,
Frontkjemper

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Ok, it lasted for roughly five seconds, but it was strange.

The time here in Oslo Norway is 21:54. I was replying to a thread when I looked towards the window. I saw an extremely bright "star" It's almost dark outside with some clouds. Theres also NO other stars out yet.

Back to the "star" that I saw. It was bright, brighter then I have ever seen. At first I thought it was a star, but looking for another few seconds, it started to blink and then "dither" away.

It may have been a comet (although it was standing completely still) but in all honesty, I know what a comet looks like and this wasn't anything like that.

Anyone ever see anything like this?

Peace,
Frontkjemper

It sounds a lot like an Iridium flare. They can be extremely bright, and typically last a few seconds.
www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

[edit on 11-4-2007 by disownedsky]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Delete please.

[edit on 11/4/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
"Iridium Flares" rings a bell. Is that what the military says caused the Phoenix lights we all saw on the news in 1997? As Disownedsky stated, your description sounds like a flare. Keep your eyes peeled in that direction though. Also, go outside and look around the sky to see if there's anything unusual and listen for sounds. Let us know if anything reappears tonight.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Since my first post nothing else has happened. Although since my post, there's been ALOT of air plane activity. In the last thirty minutes alone, I'd say at least ten planes have been circling the area.

I've never seen so many in such a short time period before.

I'll continue to keep watching.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
"Iridium Flares" rings a bell. Is that what the military says caused the Phoenix lights we all saw on the news in 1997? As Disownedsky stated, your description sounds like a flare. Keep your eyes peeled in that direction though. Also, go outside and look around the sky to see if there's anything unusual and listen for sounds. Let us know if anything reappears tonight.

No, Iridium flares (and satellite flares in general) are flares off of specular reflecting surfaces of a satellite - in exactly the same way a signal mirror works.

The flare drop that became the more famous of the two Phoenix lights sightings were burning flares dropped from aircraft, and are self-luminous.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I've seen this exact thing maybe two or three times throughout my life. Am i right in thinking an iridium flare as referenced here is merely sunlight reflecting off of a satellite directly to the position of the observer? This would be the explaination I came up with for the phenomenon but i still have trouble with probability of this happening. seems like a bit of a longshot.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Im in the UK and have also just seen the two most bizarre lights of my life. I wonder if these are connected. See my post for more details.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chonx
I've seen this exact thing maybe two or three times throughout my life. Am i right in thinking an iridium flare as referenced here is merely sunlight reflecting off of a satellite directly to the position of the observer? This would be the explaination I came up with for the phenomenon but i still have trouble with probability of this happening. seems like a bit of a longshot.

It happens all the time, and is quite predictable. You can visit one of the satellite observing website to get predicts for your location.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
wow sounds very intresting maybe it will return for some photos.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Im so frustrated that my friend didnt have any interest at what i saw, i was pointing it out and he insisted he couldnt see it.. i could have punched him!!

There is a lot of activity lately and until tonight i just thought it was the usual rubbish you get. This is the first time i have seen something with my naked eye and not through a camera and not been able to explain what it is!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Pictures don't forget to get pictures. We aren't supposed to have one liners so I will write again get your camera and get pictures

It's 6:29 pm here on the East Coast

[edit on 11-4-2007 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
observe i totally agree, i am going to bed in a second as it is 23.31 here in the UK. I hope to wake up tomorrow to a picture of what i saw.

There are thousands of people in here, if they all look up, we won't miss anything

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My phone (both cell phone and cordless house phone) have been acting strange tonight.

There's a really strange buzzing sound coming from them like ever two minutes while I'm talking to someone. But it could be anything I suppose. I just wanted to add that.

BTW, My WiFi network has been aok.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
you know, come to think of it that sounds like something I saw a couple days ago...I was walking to the gym on campus and I saw something that I thought might be the North star, except it was more yellowish and really really stood out against the other stars. I was watching it and after mabye 15-20 seconds it blinked a few times and then faded into the sky.

I figured there may have been clouds obscuring a bright star, and holes in the moving cloud coverage might have made it "blink", then solid clouds made it disappear. I have a feeling thats not the case though after you saw the same kind of thing...pretty weird.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Hello mates my name is adam. and im from New york city and last friday april the 6 when i was on my roof gardan. I saw three (3) strange lights one was larger then the other two the large one had some kind of dattachment of some sort then one of the smaller ones was the same color which was light white the other one was sunset color at frist i thought it was a cloud but they all dissapped after a few mins tryed takeing picture no luck.

PS: is anyone from new york city by chance.
cheers guys adam ryan

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by agent-truth
Hello mates my name is adam. and im from New york city and last friday april the 6 when i was on my roof gardan. I saw three (3) strange lights one was larger then the other two the large one had some kind of dattachment of some sort then one of the smaller ones was the same color which was light white the other one was sunset color at frist i thought it was a cloud but they all dissapped after a few mins tryed takeing picture no luck.

PS: is anyone from new york city by chance.
cheers guys adam ryan

Adam, perhaps what you saw on that night were the same three UFO's that were seen rising into space near London, England at 6:30am local time on April 6th.

See this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

When the sun in rising in the United Kingdom, it's nighttime in New York City. Would be interesting if there were a correlation between your sighting and that of GodLessWanderer.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I saw this bright light too! I didn't really think much of it at first because it just looked like a star. But it seemed to be moving to me as the second time I looked it was in a different position. I tried telling my Mum about it and she said it was probably a star. So I just went back on my computer. Then the last time I looked out my window to see it, it was gone. A star doesn't just disappear does it?

I really wouldn't have thought more about this. But finding this board and all these threads about it makes me wonder.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
i am fairly sure ive seen the same thing or something very similar just 4 nights ago. I live in Norfolk on the east coast of England. My girlfriend and i had just pulled up to our house, when i noticed a very bright object in the sky, at first i assumed it was star, it began to "twinkle", we sat watching it for a few mins, then it just completely vanished, it wasnt gradual, it was instant. At first i thought it had dissapeared behind some clouds, but it was a beautifully clear night, we sat for approx 10 mins to see if it re-appeared but it did not. i had almost forgotten about this untill i happened across this thread. it was definitely not a plane, the other thing i thought it could have been was maybe a shooting star, that could have been heading in our direction. unlikely, but possible! (this was approx 10-30 pm)

[edit on 12-4-2007 by ParaNana]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Paranana,
It's rare that a shooting star (meteor) would just sit in one place and twinkle before blinking out. It would have to be coming DIRECTLY at you from outer-space to show no movement. With all the recent reports of Unidentified Objects in the night sky over the past month, it's most likely that you saw something of human or E.T. origin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join