It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow moving UFO at sunrise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'd just like to say that for now I'm using UFO in the unidentified object sense, not the alien sense.

A few days ago (6th April), I was out in the field behind my garden with my camera taking pictures of the sunset. At around 6:15am I saw a black object on the top of the hill. At first I assumed it was a tree branch and thought nothing of it.
About 5 minutes later I was about to take a picture of the sun rising over the hill and I realised it had gotten larger. I zoomed in with my camera and realised it was moving upwards very slowly. To me it looked like the trail of a rocket or something similar but there's no where around here that a rocket would be able to take off. There's not even any airports in the immediate area.

flickr.com...

This picture is a picture of the first, after this one there were two more that followed the exact same trail. Although they only seemed to appear once the previous trail had faded away. Shortly after taking the picture the object disappeared (or stopped rising) and the trail started to fade.

If I zoom in on the original sized picture (approx 3,000px wide) you can see it has a lighter tip.

If I play around with the levels in Photoshop you can see the tip better.

I recorded a short video (about 20 seconds long as the battery was about to die) but at 35mb, I need to find a way to cut the size down before I upload it.

I've asked my friends and family but no one seems to be able to figure out what this could be. Any ideas what this object could be?

[edit on 9/4/07 by Godlesswanderer]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Being a photographer myself, it appears to be a stick coming out of the ground. you are able to see the contrast against the sun. Just like the shrub casting the same black contrast in the right hand side of the photo.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Ashley_T]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It wouldn't be a stick. The hill in the picture is part of a farmer's field, there is nothing in the field except little green shoots of whatever the farmer is growing. There are no sticks or branches in the field, let alone one large enough.
Also, the shrub you can see is the top part of a large tree. If you look at this picture you can see how much I zoomed in to take the photograph. Both were taken from the exact same location.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post but I've managed to upload the video. Uploading it has reduced the quality quite a bit but it's the only way I could upload it.

www.dailymotion.com...

If you watch closely, it rises very slowly. It's barely noticable unless you pay attention to it where it is at the start of the video and where it is at the end.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
lol its a twig dude lawl

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Please explain to me how a twig can grow to be bigger than a tree within about 10 minutes then fade away.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
the video is only 35 secs so we dont see how it goes and by the looks of it you have just got somebody to stand or lie on the hill and hold a stick in the air and raise it and th eonly way you can prove im wrong is to post the full video

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Sorry, but that is the full video. I recorded the video as my battery was dying. There's no way that it's a stick. Because a) if I had gotten someone to stand or lay down on the hill, you would see their silhouette. And b) honestly, who's going to get up at 6am to hold a stick in the air for me?

Dae

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thats really weird! Its grows substantially but retains that kink it has in the base, so it cant be a stick that some badger is disturbing. Did you go and investigate it after? There is a possibility that the sun is rising and is highlighting a branch - I wonder if the rate of its 'growth' is the same speed as the sun rising.

Interesting! Any chance you could take a picture during the day so we can see what you see?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That's an extremely clear video. Wish your battery hadn't died though. It looks to me like a very distant rocket launch. The wispy cirrus clouds are several miles up, so it would take time for the rocket to penetrate them. I would say that after the first launch was a success, two more followed.

I've heard that on a clear morning, you can see missles and space ships launch from over 70 miles away. Where exactly do you live? From what I've read here on ATS, there are missle silos all over the planet that noone knows about. -cwm

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hmm I believe that trail is in the sky and not grounded.
If you check the viedeo and move the slider fast from start to the end you see the trace moveing with the clouds.

Because the cloud on the left is black I think it could be a trail of a plane.

The only thing I do not get..you say it disapeared and reapeard 3 times??
I had liked to see that disapearing and reapearing But when its an airway this could be.
In what time span did it apear and disapear?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Looks like a rocket launch to me...

but, at 31 seconds a black object appears in the top right hand corner of the frame.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
That whole video show's nothing to me,seem's like someone is on the other side of the hill raising something,or a computer effect.Why did you stop filming? why didn't you simply walk on top of that hill to possibly film where the trail originated from? and most importantly why waste our time.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samblak
That whole video show's nothing to me,seem's like someone is on the other side of the hill raising something,or a computer effect.

Can't be someone rising something up, if you pay attention the bottom has a bend to it, so if it was a stick that someone was raising then the bend would move up as the tip of the object moves up.

Why did you stop filming? why didn't you simply walk on top of that hill to possibly film where the trail originated from?

He already said he stopped because his batteries died.

and most importantly why waste our time.

Nobody forced you to watch it, personally I think it's a very interesting video. If you don't want to waste your time, maybe you should go outside and do something more constructive than bitching on an internet forum. Seems like you are wasting your own time, eh?

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Thats really weird! Its grows substantially but retains that kink it has in the base, so it cant be a stick that some badger is disturbing. Did you go and investigate it after? There is a possibility that the sun is rising and is highlighting a branch - I wonder if the rate of its 'growth' is the same speed as the sun rising.

Interesting! Any chance you could take a picture during the day so we can see what you see?

Yeah, there's no way it was a stick though. I was too far away from the top of the hill to even be able to see a stick. Also, it wouldn't be a stick on the ground in front of me as I would have noticed. My camera was at eye level on top of my tripod and I'm about 5'10". Also, the camera was angled slightly upwards so even if there was a 5'10" stick, unless it was right in front of the camera, it wouldn't show up.

Originally posted by carewemust
That's an extremely clear video. Wish your battery hadn't died though. It looks to me like a very distant rocket launch. The wispy cirrus clouds are several miles up, so it would take time for the rocket to penetrate them. I would say that after the first launch was a success, two more followed.

I've heard that on a clear morning, you can see missles and space ships launch from over 70 miles away. Where exactly do you live? From what I've read here on ATS, there are missle silos all over the planet that noone knows about. -cwm

I live in Loughton, Essex, England. In the direction the trail came from, there's not really much nearby that could house a secret missile silo. There's fields, a railroad and a town or two. I would have thought if there were secret missile silos, they would be in quiet, out of the way areas. My town (and surrounding towns) are very close to London. Surely they'd pick somewhere not so close to a capital city?

Originally posted by g210b
Hmm I believe that trail is in the sky and not grounded.
If you check the viedeo and move the slider fast from start to the end you see the trace moveing with the clouds.

Because the cloud on the left is black I think it could be a trail of a plane.

The only thing I do not get..you say it disapeared and reapeard 3 times??
I had liked to see that disapearing and reapearing But when its an airway this could be.
In what time span did it apear and disapear?

I should have probably worded that better. I meant as in, the trail faded then another object appeared and looked like was following the exact same trail. After the 2nd trail faded, another object appeared and followed the same trail. After this 3rd trail faded there were no more objects.

This all happened over about 30 minutes. Each trail taking about 5 minutes to finish then another 5 minutes for the trail to fade.

Originally posted by fooffstarr

but, at 31 seconds a black object appears in the top right hand corner of the frame.

At the last part of the video there are two black objects but as far as I know they were birds. You only see one though (the closest one) as when the video was compressed it lost some of the detail..

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godlesswanderer
I should have probably worded that better. I meant as in, the trail faded then another object appeared and looked like was following the exact same trail. After the 2nd trail faded, another object appeared and followed the same trail. After this 3rd trail faded there were no more objects.

This all happened over about 30 minutes. Each trail taking about 5 minutes to finish then another 5 minutes for the trail to fade.

Hmm... ICBMs headed for Iran maybe?

The way you describe it it does sound like an MRLS or some other mobile launch vehicle launching missiles... but what for?!!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Quote from Godlesswanderer,
"I live in Loughton, Essex, England. In the direction the trail came from, there's not really much nearby that could house a secret missile silo. There's fields, a railroad and a town or two. I would have thought if there were secret missile silos, they would be in quiet, out of the way areas. My town (and surrounding towns) are very close to London. Surely they'd pick someone not so close to a capital city?"

GLW,
If there's not much in the way of human habitat in the direction where you saw the three objects, that would be a perfect location for an underground missle silo, or even a base. Naturally, they wouldn't be public knowledge. Since the three black trails appeared in the same spot, one after the other over a 30 minute period and the sun was rising behind them, I think they were missle launches. Even white exhaust would look very dark when the sun is still below the horizon as it was in your video. Anyway, that's my 2cents. This will probably never be fully solved unless some new information comes to light.
-CareWeMust (Chicago)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hehe I hate when I only realise I've made a mistake when someone quotes me.

Anyway, back on topic. I guess it would make sense that it was a missile launch. But I would have thought a missile launch would create a lot of noise and at 6am on a Friday morning would wake a few people up. Even in an area with a lot of fields. Although, having never seen or heard a missile launch, I'm just guessing.

Mod Edit: Quoting Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alienhunters
the video is only 35 secs so we dont see how it goes and by the looks of it you have just got somebody to stand or lie on the hill and hold a stick in the air and raise it and th eonly way you can prove im wrong is to post the full video

Manually move the trackbar for the video, it's not rising in one thing, the kink at the bottom stays at the same height, but it does move about 1mm to the right, whereas the top extends about 4-5mm.

Until I manually dragged the trackbar to see it move faster, I didnt see it move at all, tbh.

Interesting.... First thought for me was some sort of shuttle exhaust trail...

Are the UK doing anything on the 6'th april??

Being down in Australia I have no idea where anything is over where you are..

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr

I think that is the last frame of the Bird flying past..

And SNAP ! everyones saying what I said... damn.. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join