It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 years has impeachment been blueprinted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Can someone tell the status of how far along the 911 truther's are at drawing up a timeline for impeach bush and cheney? What have they officially done yet to take action?, rather than blog and rally about it. Has anything legally happened. Im curiuos because this government is so dangerous that most people are afraid to stand up to it.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Interesting question, there will be alot of people thinking about the same thing which you have just written!!!!.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
There are a lot of problems with starting impeachment procedings against President Bush and / or Vice-President Cheney for the events of September 11, 2001.

One of the biggest is proof. Not just proof of government involvement in the collapse of the towers, but proof of actual, personal involement in whatever was done. The argument that "They must have known" isnt' good enough, and won't be, no matter how many times you type it in all caps.

Assuming that you could find legal proof of criminal activity, another big problem is time. Regardless of what happens, for good or ill, in 21 months, more or less, the current administration will be removed from office. Given the number of delaying tactics open to any defense team, stringing out a case as technically complex as the hypothetical impeachment for that long isn't at all out of the question...and if the natural course of events will get them out of office as fast or faster than an impeachment, why bother with the impeachment? Just wait, and then press criminal charges in a normal court.

Then there's the problem of political capital. Impeachments tend to be expensive to both parties in terms of goodwill, public opinion, and favors owed. It's very likely that neither party is willing to invest assets in a legal fight that a) could easily be inconclusive and b) could be a moot point due to time constraints by the time it's over.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
what we need is jack bauer to go in and get the president to record incrimidating confession evidence on tape...

on a serious note though... I feel the government has become very powerful now and there little we can do. so much for our 1st ammendment rights. Bush said something like 'let us not believe in outrageous conspiracy theories like 9/11'. I mean... why are we being denied our right to voice our opinion and to seek the truth!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that he got away with this...

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a go*da**ed piece of paper!"

I agree with this article as to why there hasn't been a call for impeachment.

good explanation

Kim

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I disagree with the people who want Bush to be impeached. If Bush is impeached Chaney can fully implement his policies within one year to go. That means, that he could implement, all that he had to do, like in just a year.

There should be a completely separate inditing of Chaney as vice president and then without the defense of the Vice President, should we have Bush as President, and should we impeach him, as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Bush is the puppet, Cheney is the poster boy. Both have to go, so you would have to indict BOTH of them and haul BOTH out. None the less all those who said "Oh we will impeach" (hint hint democrats hint hint) suddenly no longer want too despite the fact they could take Cheney out WITH Bush if they would just actually TRY for once. Impeachment talk was just to get into office, now you see the true colours of the democrats. I say string them all up, they are all one and the same.
If Cheney came into DIRECT power that would be interesting though, it would mean that we would get to see who pulls the poster-boys strings. Also I doubt having Cheney up front would change much, he needs to stay out of the light as much as possible while he keeps his witches brew bubbling for the final hour.

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just from a pragmatic perspective, the Dems don't have the votes to impeach the president. Although it only takes a simple majority in the House to pass articles of impeachment, which they could do, the Senate must have two thirds to convict. With a tenuous 51-49 split, that won't happen.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I disagree with the people who want Bush to be impeached. If Bush is impeached Chaney can fully implement his policies within one year to go.
NOPE. Cheney will be thrown out also, you can count on that. The whole bunch will be thrown out.

new topics

top topics

join