It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are Christians then there are the real Christians..please know the difference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bufordny
If you add up the total on the religious list it comes
out to 6361100000 people who belive in religion.

What happened to the other 342,475,882 ? give or take 1000?

www.ibiblio.org...

or

www.census.gov...

This is at best guess.

I guess there is a lot of non believers?

Crowded future in hell?

The death of one man is tragic...
The death of millions, a mere statistic....

Premier Stalin 1941

Taken from my quote:

(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix

Noone can tell me that an entire city with 1000's of people were all evil and noone can tell me that a god that isn't a devil would wipe out an entire city because of a few bad apples.

i can look at a few cities with 1000s of people that are mostly evil. if he ever intervenes with things like this there is always a warning and its up to the people to believe that warning or not. all thru the old testament there were desperate warnings given to get out but the people decided to stay. same thing thats happening today.

What people don't understand is that you don't need to be religious or even spiritual to wanting to be good and do good, its a state of mind we all should try to reach, that state of mind has many paths.

this may be true for the mainstream religions but not real christianity. christ taught that this state of mind only has one path to get there not many. he said he is the way, the truth, and the life. anyone who tells you they are christians and believes there are many paths to truth do not know what christ is all about.

Problem I have with all this is that many of the major organised religions actually steer people away from that kind of enlightenment, they force people to close their mind, to only listen and execute doctrine and most of them preach hatred, judgement and forcing ones view on others, by any means, good or evil, because the end justifies the means.

this is the same problem jesus had with organized religion.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I was with you for a while, but I have to disagree that People who are not Christians and are good people living the way Christ has taught (as have others not in Christianity) Will get them in hell.

I have read the bible a few times and am far from an expert, but please tell me the line that say I am the one and only and if you do not follow me and become a Christian you will be lost? I have never heard that one before. And please keep it before people added things to the new testament, no rapture quotes please, it was made up in the 1800s

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

IF there are two kinds of christians where does that mean YOU are. Considering how JUDGEMENTAL you are ....:shk:

ha well i try to be as close to christ-like as i can be but sometimes i screw up. yeah im judgemental sometimes and sometimes im just stating the obvious.

BTW - sometimes war is necessary. It's all through the bible.
BTW - mainstream christians ARE christians. They are being the best Christians they know how to be.

war is from satan. thats one of his big vices. he loves it. its like a toy or something he gets to play with. yeah i know war is in the bible. i know god did some damage in the old testament. just cleaning out a few hybrids. like i said earlier he always gave a warning to his children before anything happened. freewill can sometimes bite. the ones that believed his word got out.

yeah mainstream christians are christians...but arent christ-like...they have a form of christianity but deny the power...

2 Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

You can know a tree by it's fruits. Better be careful, because the glass house you live in could easily be smashed.

yeah it can get kinda rough trying to follow christs example but if a person lives according to his commandments there shouldnt be much of a problem with broken glass. love god with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength. and love your neighbor as yourself.

If you are claiming to be a 'real' christian then you need to leave the judgements to God. Only He knows what is in the hearts of these people.

yeah he only knows whats in the hearts of people but he did show us how to recognize true christians from the false ones....by the fruits of thier spirit.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
I was with you for a while, but I have to disagree that People who are not Christians and are good people living the way Christ has taught (as have others not in Christianity) Will get them in hell.

I have read the bible a few times and am far from an expert, but please tell me the line that say I am the one and only and if you do not follow me and become a Christian you will be lost? I have never heard that one before. And please keep it before people added things to the new testament, no rapture quotes please, it was made up in the 1800s

hey shift. i didnt start this thread as another jesus thread. i just wanted to point out what the bible states about true christians. not trying to pursuade anybody anything. i was just pointing out that there is a difference between the two christians.....just to show what it says straight from the horses mouth sorta speak. just everbody try and keep that in mind.

seems like when these so called christians go to war or be a major hypocrite people take that as what a christian is and its not. want to know what a real christian is read the first post of this thread.

anyway....christs own words about only one path to salvation is thru him..

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one
comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

people do not like the fact that he said that and thinks thats awful for him to say something like that but he did. according to him there is no other way out of this hell hole. did i say it? no he said it. christians who say different are part of the antichrist..ians.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thanks! It makes me think twice though now ,I am afraid, As it seems very vain Unless he meant his teachings since he wasn't a Christian, perhaps he means his teachings, I can only hope that is what was meant because anything else shows a lot of vanity on Gods part IMHO. ya know you can be good and do everything I teach but unless you tag my name to it and worship me your lost. Doesn't sound very peaceful. In order to keep some faith it makes more sense to me he means his teachings and ALL GOOD people will ok.

But thank you for your explanation.

Peace be with you..

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

ya know you can be good and do everything I teach but unless you tag my name to it and worship me your lost.

You can't do everything he taught and deny him. If you say there is another way, you aren't doing everything he taught.

Who of us can do everything he taught? There's none good but GOD. We are a work in progress though.

The whole trick to him being the narrow road and the ONLY way is this. He is the sacrifice for sins. He and only he. Without understanding and faithing in that. Your works are vain.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I have to say if its really like that, I want nothing to do with it

God Loves all of us and good people will not be punished no matter what. If they are, I will gladly take it and call him/her/it a hypocrite and be at peace with myself

And your right NO one can be like him, I know I am far from it but try to as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
just remember the first post of this thread. there is a difference.

there are the real christians who take very seriously the teachings of christ who get thrown in there with bush and the like. please know that there are two different types. the antichrist..ians and the real chrisians. you can know the difference between the two by the fruits of their spirit....all of these lists are describing a real christian's character.

In 1 Cor 13, in the midst of Paul's description of the gifts of the Spirit, there is a section on love. While not directly about 'fruit', it is about what springs from love, and it is in much the same vein. According to verses 3-8, love:

* suffers long;
* is kind;
* does not envy;
* does not parade itself;
* does not get 'puffed up';
* does not behave rudely;
* is not provoked;
* does not think evilly, nor rejoice in sin;
* rejoices in the truth;
* bears all things;
* believes all things;
* hopes all things;
* endures all things.

In Phillipians 4:8, Paul advises us to think on things that are:

* true;
* noble;
* just;
* pure;
* lovely;
* of good report;
* of any virtue;
* worthy of praise.

In Colossians 3:12-16, the church members are told to put on (wear) these things:

* tender mercies;
* kindness;
* humility;
* meekness;
* patience.

Then, they are further instructed to:

* bear with one another;
* forgive one another;
* love;
* let the peace of God rule their hearts;
* be thankful;
* have the Word live in them;
* teach and admonish one another;
* sing with grace in their hearts.

This is all to be done in the name of Jesus, to further the purposes He came for.

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I have to say if its really like that, I want nothing to do with it

Why? Surely if you could see and or experience where those go who oppose him, you would change your mind.

God Loves all of us ...

God does love us all. Enough to leave the realm of heaven, take on the likeness of sinning flesh. Be beaten and hung on a cross, rejected by us. In order to cover our sins and buy us back. So you choose to turn that down?

... and good people will not be punished no matter what.

Good people will not be punished no matter what. Correct.

If they are, I will gladly take it and call him/her/it a hypocrite and be at peace with myself

So you feel as though you are good?

Without accepting his sacrifice, you are living by the law. We can take the time to bust out a magnifying glass on both you and the law and see just how good you are.

Don't for a second assume by my tone, I'm insinuating that I'm perfect. Even If I said I was, I'd prove myself otherwise.

The last thing he is, is a hypocrite and I'll take the time to prove it to you.

And your right NO one can be like him, I know I am far from it but try to as much as possible.

It's he who changes us, not we who change ourselves. Can dirt clean itself?

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You have voted Funkydung for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   
its all garbage to me. say hi to jesus for me.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Funkydung, your definition of jesus stems from one perspective on the bible, the literalist one.

your bias is apparent simply from that. ANYONE who calls themselves a christian is a real christian. they may not be GOOD christians, but they are still REAL christians

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A Christian, in my humble opinion, is one who....

- believes that Jesus is the Christ/Messiah prophesied in the Old Testament.

- accepts that he/she is a sinner, seperated from God by his/her sin.

- believes that Jesus payed the price - that we could not - for our sin on the cross.

- that through Jesus we are saved.

That definition works for me... who is and, who is not, is not for me to decide/accuse. Not my job; I'm not qualified.

Regards and God bless,
-Rren

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
your bias is apparent simply from that. ANYONE who calls themselves a christian is a real christian. they may not be GOOD christians, but they are still REAL christians

By that definition, if I were to say I'm a tree, I would therefore be a real tree, albeit maybe not a good tree. I don't accept that. If I say I'm something, it doesn't make it true.

[edit on 4/12/07/12 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
By that definition, if I were to say I'm a tree, I would therefore be a real tree, albeit maybe not a good tree.

christian is a label for people, tree is a label for a group of plants
you're deflecting

I don't accept that. If I say I'm something, it doesn't make it true.

but if you claim that you are a member of a group of people that doesn't have a set standard for entry, you are one. there is no official standard by which to measure whether or not you are a christian. rren gets close, but under his definition jews for jesus are christians instead of post-messianic jews.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Funkydung, your definition of jesus stems from one perspective on the bible, the literalist one.

hey madness. my defintion of jesus stems from what the bible says. not what somebody else says it says.

and i guess hitler was christian? the pope claims to be christian but wow how obvious is it that he isnt?? yeah the pope picks and chooses but according to christ own words we cant be in the middle of the fence. its either all or nothing. come on bush claims to be christian but says that all roads lead to roam...dont think so according to the christian bible. there are massive amounts of so called christians who do as they please in the world and ignores the commandments...not christian....so anyone can call themselves christian but unless they follow the teachings of christ are not real christians. i mean christ even says so. thats the whole purpose of the antichrists system is to look smell act feel like a christian but really isnt. how do we know which is which? read the first post in this thread.

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
hey madness. my defintion of jesus stems from what the bible says. not what somebody else says it says.

it's based on your interpretation of what the bible says

and i guess hitler was christian?

honestly, i have no idea what hitler was

the pope claims to be christian but wow how obvious is it that he isnt?? yeah the pope picks and chooses but according to christ own words we cant be in the middle of the fence. its either all or nothing.

i'm going to quote from a much wiser man than myself "only a sith deals in absolutes"

the bible is open to millions of interpretations, just because the pope doesn't deal in yours doesn't mean he isn't a christian

come on bush claims to be christian but says that all roads lead to roam...dont think so according to the christian bible.

i have no idea what this point is supposed to be

there are massive amounts of so called christians who do as they please in the world and ignores the commandments...not christian....so anyone can call themselves christian but unless they follow the teachings of christ are not real christians.

what's so great about the commandments? they completely leave out treating people equally and sexual assault. the bible is far from the perfect book to live by

i mean christ even says so. thats the whole purpose of the antichrists system is to look smell act feel like a christian but really isnt. how do we know which is which? read the first post in this thread.

how about this: you're wrong too!
the fact that you're seperating christians into "real" and "not real" is clearly showing that you are ignoring the teachings of jesus

judge not.... you should know the rest

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

it's based on your interpretation of what the bible says

Then, they are further instructed to:

* bear with one another;
* forgive one another;
* love;
* let the peace of God rule their hearts;
* be thankful;
* have the Word live in them;
* teach and admonish one another;
* sing with grace in their hearts.

how many ways can this be interpreted?? you say millions? only one that i can think of and that would be just what it says.

and i guess hitler was christian?

honestly, i have no idea what hitler was

i believe he was catholic

the bible is open to millions of interpretations, just because the pope doesn't deal in yours doesn't mean he isn't a christian

only one way to interpret this

* suffers long;
* is kind;
* does not envy;
* does not parade itself;
* does not get 'puffed up';
* does not behave rudely;
* is not provoked;
* does not think evilly, nor rejoice in sin;
* rejoices in the truth;
* bears all things;
* believes all things;
* hopes all things;
* endures all things.

come on bush claims to be christian but says that all roads lead to roam...dont think so according to the christian bible.

i have no idea what this point is supposed to be

www.youtube.com...
in an inteview he was asked what he believed about his faith since he says he is a christian. actually in this interview bush doesnt even use the name jesus. he was asked if we all worship the same god? christian and muslim? he said yes and we all have different routes to getting to the almighty. christianity is based on christs teachings and christ said that he was the only way.
but he did get a few things right...said bin ladin and a few others worshiped a false god...something other than christ based on christianity. and also that he doesnt decide who goes to heaven god does.

there are massive amounts of so called christians who do as they please in the world and ignores the commandments...not christian....so anyone can call themselves christian but unless they follow the teachings of christ are not real christians.

what's so great about the commandments? they completely leave out treating people equally and sexual assault. the bible is far from the perfect book to live by

one of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"

The most important one, answered Jesus, is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these."

i think these take care of both treating people equally and sexual assault.

i mean christ even says so. thats the whole purpose of the antichrists system is to look smell act feel like a christian but really isnt. how do we know which is which? read the first post in this thread.

how about this: you're wrong too!
the fact that you're seperating christians into "real" and "not real" is clearly showing that you are ignoring the teachings of jesus

judge not.... you should know the rest

im not saying im wrong or right im just saying what jesus christ said himself. that there are sheep and there are wolves in sheeps clothing and there are just plain ol wolves. you will know them by their fruits. those are the teachings of jesus.

[edit on 12-4-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well said Funkydung!!!

These are trying times for all and there's bound to be clashing with beliefs from all fronts.

Keep the faith Funky!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join