It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE AboveTopSecret.com

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE AboveTopSecret.com

www.abovetopsecret.com

New York, NY - April 9th, 2007 - AboveTopSecret.com (ATS), an increasingly popular Web site community and social network dedicated to provocative "alternative topics," announced it has achieved more than three million posts of user-generated content on April 8th, 2007.

"Our 3 millionth message is an exciting affirmation of our community, our intelligent members, and our dedicated staff. And it's event sweeter since this occurred during our Tenth Anniversary Celebration" said Partner and Community Director Bill Irvine. "Our members have created a massive and deeply interesting, if not addictive, body of user-generated content that is a wide-open source of superior research, scintillating ideas, and dazzling speculation" added Irvine.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
UFO Over Bexhill / Hastings UK Right Now

[edit on 9-4-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There is much more in the full report, please click the link for more.

This breaking news item, is perhaps the most exciting, interesting, and compelling I've ever posted.

Thoughts, comments, Opinions?

www.abovetopsecret.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Kudos for ATS!!! This news ought to raise the membership numbers of those curiosity seekers, We that have been here any length of time already knew that ATS was the best board around.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Now I know the real names

This is great news, viva ATS

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Be proud ATS members, though they built it, funded it, and keep it going, evolving new features and adapting new technologies, It is all of YOU who give it life, and provide the content.

Three MILLION Posts!

Wow!

Way to go... Everyone!

Here's to Ten more years of Tin.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

p:

I wonder which one is bill and which is mark? lol

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Congratulations !!!!

Reading the news made me nostalgic so I found the first thread I authored, I thought I had figured out the real reason for climate change, Byrd shot me down....

I feel very fortunate to be a part of this wonderful melding of minds, you have helped me grow, learn and most importantly think, here's to another 10 yrs and millions more posts Go ATS!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos

I wonder which one is bill and which is mark? lol

AFAIK, Bill is William, or Skeptic Overlord, or Theyre Here . He's a lover of Spandex, I hear.

Mark is probably Springer.

Good article. Uh, I'm not sure about the 'our intelligent members' part, LOL. Is there Intelligent Life on ATS? (j/k)

Hope the exposure helps us to get some more recognizable UFO researchers here, like Stan Friedman, or maybe Kevin Randle, or even guys like Glenn 'Desert Rat' Campbell, Tom "Blue Fire" Mahood, or even Paul 'Senior Trend' McGinnis. Maybe they'll 'unretire', who knows?

[edit on 9-4-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well I think it's very cool but....typod'oh:

And it's event sweeter since this occurred during our Tenth Anniversary Celebration"

Um whoopse

Spiderj

Edit to add: Yes I know I'm the king of typos just saying.

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Spiderj]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

And I thought we were never allowed to refer to them by their real names.

I think it will become increasingly difficult to hide behind a user name as the site gains popularity.

3,000,000 posts is a pretty big mark on the map.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj
Yes I know I'm the king of typos just saying.

I'm usually good at seeing those, but I read over that one several times. Someone needs to do some editing....

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'm usually good at seeing those, but I read over that one several times. Someone needs to do some editing....

I didn't notice it the first time either. Actually the first time I read it all I kept thinking was "who the heck is bill irvine...i've never heard of this fella..." then of course my small cave man like brain kicked in and I realised that we all have real names including me. D'oh!

Second time though...that's when I saw it.

I never catch them in my own posts of course.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
In the words of one famous ATS member:

"There is no such thing as bad press, as long as they spell our name right"

Typos, imagine that.

They did spell the site name right.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
WOW! 3 million posts. What a milestone for all of us ATSers out here in netspace! It has also got to be a tremendous affirmation of the vision that Simon, Skeptic and Springer brought to this project some ten years ago;
Congrats and felicitations to them for creating such a wonderful safe environment to share our points-of-view with each other. Also, thanks to all of the staff (mods and super-mods, etc) for their steady hand at the
throttle.

SR

[edit on 4/9/2007 by Stormrider]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think this is awesome! I hope this generates more interest and and by next year we hit 4 million posts! Buhleiveeee it!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   
3 Million posts, this is truly mindboggling.

I've been on ATS for only about a year or so and I think it's the best. Well done. Super duper.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Fantastic news,

I have to say that ATS has been a BIG part of every day life for me, it's like I need my fix to see what has happened whilst I have been away and get withdrawal symptoms when I skip a day. Well done ATS and thank you!!

October

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   
WOOHOO!!!

ATS is ten years old and 3,000,000 posts strong! And to top it all off I was reminded I had a real name!

Keep on going guys and dolls!

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Good work guys but there is one point I would like to make.

When you talk up the board concerning the amount of posts as being high quality I think you may fall on your faces.

No offence intended but I think such wording should be handled delicately. It just gives people ammo to throw back at you.

I'm not trying to bag you guys, just letting you know what I think. This site could be discredited as easily as it is promoted.

Grats on 3 million posts though. I've been a lurker since the beginning and have enjoyed this site thoroughly.

Nice referencing on the article too =?, where exactly did it actually come from?

[edit on 10-4-2007 by seenitall]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Good work guys but there is one point I would like to make.

When you talk up the board concerning the amount of posts as being high quality I think you may fall on your faces.

No offence intended but I think such wording should be handled delicately. It just gives people ammo to throw back at you.

I understand what you mean but I think you should consider that whenever a low quality post is made it is immediately shot down, debunked, refuted etc by no less than three high quality posts. Even the poor posts help make ATS great, we sift through the gunk to get to the gold.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join