It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Bexhill / Hastings UK Right Now

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It has a classic "cigar shape" I am sure that JRitzmann can analyze this picture, nice work and getting the picture Ahtze!!!!

AboveTopSecret.com's 3 Millionth Post!

[edit on 8-4-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It just looks like a rain cloud to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I took a few pictures, but the screen size on the camera is only like 2 inches. With bright pounding sunlight, trying to see where those few silver pixels in the sky are on the screen was not so easy. I really thought I'd have at least 2 or 3 pictures, but only one of them had the object in the picture. I didn't really see the point in taking hundreds of pictures of the same non-moving object, I just wanted a photo of what I was looking at.

Its not that it 'appeared on one picture', its that I couldn't tell if the object was in the viewfinder or not and only got one shot of it by aiming my camera where it looked to be and taking a few pictures. I think my hand/eye co-ordination is not as good as I thought, but even if I had taken a hundred pictures, you'd still see the same object if I got it in all of them.

Why I think its not extraterrestrial? I just try to find a logical explanation, like a balloon or something. Though with no wobble or tumbling, and the size of the balloon it would have to be, I'm trying to think of other possibilities. I don't know what else would be in the sky like that.

Anyway, besides that. Main reason for posting:

1. Very slim chance someone else reading was local and could get a better pic/vid of it, or saw it. Probably too late now though.
2. Ideas what it could be.

[edit on 8-4-2007 by Ahtze]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahtze

It stood in place for a longass time then goes away. Clouds do that.

So,

- It looks like a rain cloud.
- It acts like a rain cloud.

So, it must be..

a rain cloud.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Now, if every one of these posts was a dollar..

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

So,

So, it must be..

a rain cloud.

lmao, did you even look at the picture? obviously not

awesome picture, OP, can't wait til i catch my first glimpse of a UFO cuz im fairly sure i will see one soon!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A stand-alone cylindrical silver rain cloud in a sky full of white clouds...

That is one of the funniest debunker comments i've heard in a while!

I tried a little bit of sharpening on it, and this is as good as i could get it without it pixelating:

You can clearly see it is a solid, cylindrical object in amongst the clouds.

This one has got me beat

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Very nice sighting Ahtze.
Could you please give some detailed information on this sighting?
If you go to this link
You will see an example of what type of information would help to detail your sighting. This looks very good, here is a close up with noise removed:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

So,

So, it must be..

a rain cloud.

Rain clouds are denser and therefore lower than regular clouds. This appears to be to precise in shape to be a rain cloud and too high up compared to the rest. I don't think that this could be a rain cloud. I don't believe that there can be regular cirrus clouds and one tiny, (lower) perfectly formed, rectangular rain cloud. It doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Looks just like a solar airship if you ask me. They're _really_ popular in the UK right now. Google image it.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
Looks just like a solar airship if you ask me. They're _really_ popular in the UK right now. Google image it.

Good find! I have to agree it does look very much like that. I'd be interested to see a video of one of these in flight to see how it moves compared to what I saw, which didn't appear to change direction, it was quite static - and how big it looks once in the sky.

images.google.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Ahtze,

Did you see the object depart the area?
If so, how did it do so?

You said it was just floating - so my question is steered towards how did it leave the area?

Thanks,

zeeon

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeon
Ahtze,

Did you see the object depart the area?
If so, how did it do so?

You said it was just floating - so my question is steered towards how did it leave the area?

Thanks,

zeeon

I didn't see it leave the area. I had to go out (a few miles drive). It was in the same place when I left, so I don't know what happened after that.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Be interesting to see the movements of these solar airships? nice find though... has anyone from here used these???

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Here's a Vid of the solar airship and theirs a few if you search youtube they do act kinda strange but still I would of thought at such an altitude it would at least drift along even if their was little wind.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The solar airship definitely seems plausible. Have watched a few videos of those things though, they do look a bit flimsy in the air, and I've not seen a picture of one that has managed to get any real height in the air. Can't really dismiss it, but it doesn't quite seem like the same thing as I was seeing. Unfortunately its a bit hard for you guys to say looking at a picture, but for me, the object was very static. I can't help but think this thing would tumble or turn like a balloon, or snake like you see in the videos of the solar airship.

Anyone got a solar airship?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I am gonna guess that this was probably an unmanned alien vessel collecting data. Definitely not a raincloud.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakyty
I am gonna guess that this was probably an unmanned alien vessel collecting data. Definitely not a raincloud.

Thats one hell'uva deduction! I like it, and I'm stickin to it ! As a matter of fact, I wonder if it could have been a disc shape, but at the angle it was seen at, appeared as a cylinder? I mean, a disc viewed from the side could appear cylindrical no?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
here's a video of one of those solar airships getting some height. well, at least better than the usual backyard or park flight videos they have.

youtube airship vid

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What is a solar starship? How is that different from a regular ufo?

this is definitely not a rain cloud...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join