It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is my girlfriend so dumb?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WestAussie

The only thing dumber is the fact that you felt it necessary to post this about her on the internet

Grow up, get a life....and hope she dumbs your nasty ass

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm really suprised at the amount of negative posts towards the OP. All he did was post the TRUTH, that his girlfriend does not have much knowledge about general world knowledge.

What's so bad about that? His girlfriend not being very knowledgeable does not mean he should leave her? And it does not mean she should dump him? The fact is, he likes her and she likes him. No problem.

You ever watched friends? Joey is the male version of her lol. But does it mean you should avoid joey? no.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
What's so bad about that? His girlfriend not being very knowledgeable does not mean he should leave her? And it does not mean she should dump him? The fact is, he likes her and she likes him. No problem.
[edit on 26-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

I am more negative about the need for him to let the entire BTS population know

If my girlfriend was really that unintelligent, I certainly wouldnt be "bragging" and "whining" about it here. Can you imagine how hurt she would be if she came here?

If he really liked her that much this thread wouldnt have been posted. I think she should dump him, girlfriends and significant others shouldnt have to put up with their partners talking about them in a derogatory manner behind their backs, especially to a large audience

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Uh....
I hope that you folks realize that the OP wrote this thread roughly 5 years ago, made a total of 3 threads and last visited on this site in January of 2004?

I suspect that things have one way or another sorted themselves out concerning that person.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

what was the point in reviving a 4 year old topic almost 5
where the OP him self hasnt been here since

[edit on 26-8-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

It appears that you and I seem to think alike in this situation Bodrul.

(chuckle)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is my unprofessional medical opinion.

And I have no professional medical experience.

But here it goes;

Act or no act, she has a medical issue going on in her head.

It's possible she has a severe case of ADD. In addition to that, it sounds like she also has a serious case of dyslexia.

When she was in school, it's possible she was promoted without earning the grade, so to speak. Has she ever been surprised to receive a high grade?

How is her balance? Is she obtusely clumsy?

Does she zone out? Does she stare at what appears to be nothing? There could be some autism going on.

What about the rest of her health? Does she have asthma, is she diabetic, does she have epilepsy? Any other disconnected medical problems?

How did her mother's pregnancy go with her? Was she conceived when one or both of her parents were high or drunk?

Any complications during the pregnancy or birthing process?

Any serious illnesses as a child or baby?

How are her parents health? Her four grandparents? Cousins, aunts, uncles, siblings?

To give her a slight edge, she may actually be playing dumber then she really is. If true, she may have been acting like this for so long, it's become a form of psychoticly normal behavior.

Any whacked out dreams?

Does she lie or fib on a regular basis? If so, is she any good at it?

Don't answer this next question; just think about it. Sexually, is she "normal?" On the other end of the spectrum, does she have a clue what to do? Can she adapt to your ways? Can you adapt to hers?

Has she ever taken an IQ test?

And what about you? Any odd things about you that might encourage her behavior?

Any weird stories about her dad that you know of? Is he overly touchy with her?

Including her parents, who do people treat her? What do people say about her behind her back? What does she say about people behind their backs?

If you love her, that's great. But act or not act, she has some major issues (more then a few) going on in her head.

Get her checked out by a medical professional.

And since you are attracted to that kind of girl, get yourself checked out to.

I hope you don't take any of this the wrong way. I am trying to help. I am not trying to act like a butt.

Let us know how things work out. But get some help. Mainly for her. But to a lesser extent, for you to.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

looks like it

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
reply to post by raven bombshell

what was the point in reviving a 4 year old topic almost 5
where the OP him self hasnt been here since

[edit on 26-8-2008 by bodrul]

Whoops didnt notice that...thanks for bringing that to light bodrul

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
This is a 5 year old thread???

I'm out of here!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Honestly...I wouldnt complain much

I have kind of the same problem...but I think mine is a little bit more complex...

See, my girlfriend is totally intelligent. She graduated from highschool with a 5.0 GPA (weighted classes because they were advanced placement) and is now going to college and maintains easily a 3.8 GPA in classes like advanced bio, and english.

However, some of the things she asks me are completely like...huh? She can barely pump her own gas, and loves to ask questions that are totally something a child would ask.

I think its from up bringing. Her parents held her hand on everyday tasks so she could only study books her whole life.

Case in short, just go with it. The great thing are girls like that are willing to be molded into something you want them to be, because they are too dumb to figure out if youre right or wrong. It also makes you feel like you are really important in her eyes. Which makes for a great relationship. Sometimes it is annoying...but would you rather have a chick who tells you how things are all the time, or you looking like a god in her eyes because you "know it all"

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I completely feel you guys. I feel the same way about my girlfriend too. I've been with her for 5 years and she's really sweet, cute and she loves me tons, plus she cooks and cleans with the best of them and is an evergreen optimist, but I can't help thinking she's kind of dumb.

Sometimes I think I should leave her because of this and the fact that she's 2 years older than me, but then I want to be with her because of her positive qualities and I know that if we marry, we'll be together for life.

Although sometimes I do want to date someone who is in her early twenties, a real hottie, just to see what its like. But I don't want to let go of my girlfriend and although I'm good looking, I suck with women.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Blah............

Never mind...

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Oni x x]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The reason she is dumb? Simple. School systems don't care!
Her school days were spent socializing with other girls just like herself and they all felt very comfortable in their ignorance because it was shared. The priority in her life was never learning anything but being beautiful and popular and no one ever made her feel her life needed to amount to anything more than that.
So far it has worked for her right? She will never have to get a real job as long as she stays beautiful there will always be some sucker who will date her simply because she looks good on his arm. Trophy girl.

Why should she bother trying to learn anything when she has everything she needs by being who she is?

sad but true.

:shk:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
doesn't matter...

erased

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
5 yr old thread...

pfft!

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If shes hot, then who cares? lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wow. That's real bad. My wife isn't dumb, fortunately, she's actually really damn smart, but she's crazy when it comes to money. Sorry to vear the discussion off topic, but I need to rant too and i'm going to hijack your thread briefly to do so, I hope you don't mind. The way I see it we're both confused about our significant others.

When I first met my wife she worked at a bakery earning about 20k/yr despite having an architecture degree. She went several thousand dollars in credit card debt, only after she lent me an ear and switched her job was she able to pay some of it off. Every time a birthday, wedding, or holiday came along she would spend more than she had on gifts despite others conservative spending. Today she spends several hours a week doing her books trying to account for every penny spends but will nevertheless make regular trips to the corner coffee shop and eat out frequently. It took several months of friendly discussions to get her to take up her company retirement plan- she wasn't signed up for it and all she needed to do was call up HR and fill some paperwork. Because she won't excercise her degree, she's been considering going to grad school for something else, but this talk has produced nothing to this day and for the past several years. Recently we discussed buying a condo and she seems to believe that we can afford to live in luxury and won't mind going into a 30 yr mortage requiring very high monthly payments.

To summarize, I simply can't understand how her brain works and sometimes it angers me. Wish she had a "fix" button.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestAussie
English is her first language, and yet she has awful grammar and mispronounces words. Like she would say, "A tough phrase in life" instead of saying phase. She pronounces people's names incorrectly (eg.Beyonce she calls Feyonce, Cher she calls Fler, Jennifer Aniston she calls Anderson.)

My stepfather is just like this. He intentionally or unintentionally (not really sure sometimes) can't pronounce any names correctly, and will even go so far as to add or take away letters to create a name not even close to the original. I work for him and constantly have to correct him. It drives me up the freakin' wall!

Peace

[edit on 27-10-2009 by Dr Love]

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join